shape
carat
color
clarity

Surface Inclusions - HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lilyeternity

Rough_Rock
Hi,

We just purchased a 2ct VS2 round brilliant - it has a surface inclusion that is a line that starts at edge of the crown near the girdle and runs down the pavillion.

It is very small on the crown and we were told that we could hide it with a claw. Is this type of inclusion going to affect the performance of the stone?

We paid A LOT of money should we be concerned?????

THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP!!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
If your within the return window id say return it.
If your stuck with it have the inclusion set next to a prong not with a prong over it and get it insured.
There is potential for problems with open inclusions and this one sounds pretty bad.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2005 9:57
6.gif
2 AM
Author: strmrdr
If your within the return window id say return it.
If your stuck with it have the inclusion set next to a prong not with a prong over it and get it insured.
There is potential for problems with open inclusions and this one sounds pretty bad.
DITTO

lilyeternity

Rough_Rock
You think that it is really, really that bad???

I am really really concerned now!!!

ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE HAVE ANY MORE INFORMATION????

THANKS

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
WHY DONT YOU PM DAVE ATLAS OR RICHARD SHERWOOD OF DENVERAPPRAISER..................

lilyeternity

Rough_Rock
How would I do that??? PM them - I am sooooo worried???
Thanks for all of your help!!!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2005 10:14:31 AM
Author: lilyeternity
You think that it is really, really that bad???

I am really really concerned now!!!

ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE HAVE ANY MORE INFORMATION????

THANKS

Yes I think its that bad.
Diamonds are hard but somewhat brittle with some fairly bad cleavage planes.
That diamond is weakened in that area and a hit in that area that might not harm another diamond might cause that one to break.
The girdle area is one of the most vulnerable parts of a diamond.

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Are you able to post the clarity plot? Have you had an independent appraisor look at it?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your description could well be one of the Atlantic Ridge
31.gif

... but the diamond is graded VS2 which does not allow for a huge gash !

Anyway, a twinning line that didn''t get polished would not bother me much if there is insurance fr the ring. Otherwise it might - especially if it runs all the way around the stone like that.

Any chance an appraiser could see this ? How does the clarity plot look like on the cert ?

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
lilyeternity,

Get it examined by a pro. Have you had it independently appraised yet? What did your appraiser say? There are lots of options here. Some are fairly serious and others are not. There's no way to give you a straight answer without actually seeing the stone. $100 and an hour or so will go a long way towards solving this problem.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Did you end up getting that E VS2 you talkded about on your post of 2/8?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2005 10:58:22 AM
Author: denverappraiser
lilyeternity,

Get it examined by a pro. Have you had it independently appraised yet? What did your appraiser say? There are lots of options here. Some are fairly serious and others are not. There''s no way to give you a straight answer without actually seeing the stone. $100 and an hour or so will go a long way towards solving this problem.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver
True enough. Only the evaluation of someone with trained eyes can put your fears to rest or otherwise.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Get professional advice. Do not let those who have not seen your stone and/or are not qualified to give advice scare you into returning a stone that may be perfectly fine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results