shape
carat
color
clarity

Super Ideal Cut B.R. Advice Needed -- WHERE DO I GO??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Ladies and Gents,
I am extremely worried what this price increase (and diamond squeeze) means for my very soon to be fiance. He''s screwed, right? If we are looking for a super ideal AGS 000 D,E,F or possibly, but i hesitate to say "G" color, 1 - 1.27c VS1/2 brilliant round, he needs to buy *yesterday*, correct???

WHERE DO I GET ONE? Do I go with my best friend''s dad who happens to be a certified gemologist? I will not deal with mall stores, but i am still confused where to turn to get a good deal -- not even knowing how much super ideal or ideal diamond 10k can get.

I have searched the forums up and down, at local and web jewelers, at all the sites. I, and he, am/are exhausted. and confused. And I just want someone to tell me where to get something for 10k or under that fits the above characteristics. I know the carat range i specified is large -- i need to know what we can get for 10k, and which of the C''s to sacrifice to get it (NOT cut!!)

Thanks
Still Confused in DC
33.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
33.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/33.gif" align="absMiddle border=0">

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/6/2005 8:59:28 PM
Author:ElizabethTheEquestrian

AGS 000 D,E,F or possibly, but i hesitate to say ''G'' color, 1 - 1.27c VS1/2

WHERE DO I GET ONE
Well, there are 31 diamonds like that listed from a search "By HCA Cut Quality" on top of the page. That''s where the ideals reside around here. Most would be Harts and Arrows on top of the 000 proportions to boot. And thos does not include G color, and does not go over budget either
2.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Elizabeth,

To quote the front of the "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" DON'T PANIC
21.gif

With your budget you can get a very nice Superideal with the specs you cited. Do a search with those specs and note the prices and details of the candidates you find. Take that list with you to compare stats and cost if you shop "live."

If you do sacrifice a "C", my personal opinion is to consider eye-clean SI stones. Without magnification, a true eye-clean SI1 will appear the same as a flawless stone to the average observer.

Meanwhile, take a breath... The hike will not occur instantaneously. You're fine for the present.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Elizabeth,

Since you're concerned for your and your fiance's investment, you're concerned naturally. Perhaps giving voice to the more specific nature of concerns, and sources of confusion would assist.

For example, as Ana on this thread points out above, on the "search by cut" database, you have a number of options available to you. When you reviewed the same criteria a month or so ago, I see I mentioned one that still appears to be available, and would probably be the first one I'd recommend, still.

Or, if your preference is to see and touch locally, Kevinraja is also looking locally. Looking just now at Charleston Alexander, I see this option is at least one you might consider from them.

Then again, your best friend's Dad may be just the answer. Perhaps if there were some specific options you've considered, and rejected, and you can share about the basis of your thinking, we could help more. Since you're local to DC as I am, I'm especially both interested in your process, and also sympathetic.

With best wishes,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results