shape
carat
color
clarity

Super Bowl 2016

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Elliot86|1454941914|3988334 said:
Oddly enough, I legitimately lost a friend over the Super Bowl halftime show! :lol:

Not a real friend, an old coworker. But it sparked a lot of interesting conversation in our house!

Oh no! :shock:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rockinruby|1455565330|3991338 said:
monarch64|1454907870|3988258 said:
Yssie|1454885914|3988141 said:
I'll be watching!! Carolina completely slipped under my radar this year - I was distracted by Niners in-season drama and Eagles post-season drama :bigsmile:

I'd love to see Manning win (of course 8) ) and if he does... I'll be very curious to see whether he retires with Denver or as a Colt, he's already taken both to the Super Bowl ::)

I was underwhelmed both by the game itself and the entertainment, but happy to see a win for Peyton. I've been watching him from Indy, Chicago, and back in Indiana again for about 20 years now! Crazy to think he will be retiring soon.

Rockinruby, what did you end up making? I threw together some lemon cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting this afternoon before we headed over to a friend's home for the game/party. She served chili and those cupcakes were demolished by halftime. We all had a great time, hope you did, too! :wavey:

I'm so glad you had a great time! :appl: I normally look forward to the super bowl parties each year. I tend to see friends & family that I don't normally get to see which is nice. I ended up making a tray of key lime cookies. I debated sprinkling powder sugar on them, but the picture showed them with green sanding sugar. Now for the embarrassing part...I spruced up a box cookie mix instead of making them from scratch. :Up_to_something: (I'm saving the dump cake recipe for my next club meeting) The lemon cupcakes you made sound delicious! Buttercream frosting! Yum!

Ha, don't be embarrassed about using a box mix! I made my buttercream from scratch but used a box cake mix for the cupcakes, which I almost always do. Huge time saver, and if I ever receive any complaints it will be no more cupcakes for that person! :lol: Key lime cookies sound good, I bet the green sugar was really pretty.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
CJ2008|1454762947|3987664 said:
rockingruby I never answered your question! (sorry!)

DH will be watching - I couldn't care less...

I might sit with him for a few minutes or so but if there's yelling my cats and I will be in another room ::)

i think sitting with your cars sounds wonderful! :wavey:

CJ2008 said:
Did you guys know there's a Kitty Bowl?

Hallmark Channel.

I missed it. :(sad I bet it was super cute! :appl:
CJ2008 said:
marcy|1454728082|3987520 said:
2 quick and easy desserts that would go well with almost anything.

Buy an angel food cake mix and a large can of crushed pineapple. Mix them together (don't drain the juice) and bake at 375 in a 9 x 13 pan until cake is done about 30 minutes.

Dump cake is another one. Yellow cake mix, a can of cherry pie filling and a can of pineapple. Mix the cherries and pineapple (again don't drain the juice) together in bottom of 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle cake mix on top. Melt a cube of butter (I usually use about a cube and a half) and pour on top. Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes.

Marcy

OK - the angel food cake/pineapple combo sounds delicious (and easy which makes it even more delicious haha). Could you use pound cake instead?

For the dump cake you take the cake mix powder, just as it is, and put all the other ingredients just as you say? (I'm so excited just thinking about how easy this sounds :lol: )

I looked on Pinterest and most of the recipes say just dump it in like Marcy said. The juice goes in too! I am going to make this for my next club meeting. It looks super easy! Glad to have this as a standby when I need to bring an easy dessert to an event. :dance:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Buy an angel food cake mix and a large can of crushed pineapple. Mix them together (don't drain the juice) and bake at 375 in a 9 x 13 pan until cake is done about 30 minutes.

Dump cake is another one. Yellow cake mix, a can of cherry pie filling and a can of pineapple. Mix the cherries and pineapple (again don't drain the juice) together in bottom of 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle cake mix on top. Melt a cube of butter (I usually use about a cube and a half) and pour on top. Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes.

Marcy

Marcy, Have you tried refrigerating this cake the night before? I found a cool whip icing recipe and wondered if you've heard of that with dump cake before? I think the icing recipe was cool whip, pudding mix and the leftover pineapple mixed in. My MIL used to make a pea pickin' cake for my bday each year and it seems similar. It was sooooo good! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I'm planning to make this for my club meeting later this month. Thank you! :clap:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rockinruby|1455566006|3991342 said:
CJ2008|1454762947|3987664 said:
rockingruby I never answered your question! (sorry!)

DH will be watching - I couldn't care less...

I might sit with him for a few minutes or so but if there's yelling my cats and I will be in another room ::)

i think sitting with your cars sounds wonderful! :wavey:

CJ2008 said:
Did you guys know there's a Kitty Bowl?

Hallmark Channel.

I missed it. :(sad I bet it was super cute! :appl:
CJ2008 said:

Marcy

OK - the angel food cake/pineapple combo sounds delicious (and easy which makes it even more delicious haha). Could you use pound cake instead?

For the dump cake you take the cake mix powder, just as it is, and put all the other ingredients just as you say? (I'm so excited just thinking about how easy this sounds :lol: )

I looked on Pinterest and most of the recipes say just dump it in like Marcy said. The juice goes in too! I am going to make this for my next club meeting. It looks super easy! Glad to have this as a standby when I need to bring an easy dessert to an event. :dance:

RR you're so nice to answer and acknowledge all my posts :wavey:

I do want to try making that cake too! Will you update here when you make it? As easy as it sounds I need the extra push and if it goes well for you I might just try it sooner rather than later.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rockinruby|1455566396|3991346 said:

Marcy

Marcy, Have you tried refrigerating this cake the night before? I found a cool whip icing recipe and wondered if you've heard of that with dump cake before? I think the icing recipe was cool whip, pudding mix and the leftover pineapple mixed in. My MIL used to make a pea pickin' cake for my bday each year and it seems similar. It was sooooo good! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I'm planning to make this for my club meeting later this month. Thank you! :clap:

Rockinruby, that does sound good. I really like the dump cake warm with cool whip or ice but I bet chilling it would be great. Let us know how it turns out if you make it. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think I've ever had leftovers on the dump cake before to try and put it in the refrigerator. :lol:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
marcy|1455588225|3991450 said:
I don't think I've ever had leftovers on the dump cake before to try and put it in the refrigerator. :lol:

Excellent point! :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha. I meant ice cream not ice. My FIL always says that tastes like more when I make dump cake. It works well with peaches too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results