shape
carat
color
clarity

Sundresses?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
DH and I went shopping today and I was disappointed by the lack of sundresses! They aren''t classic staples in my closet (typically because they are only good for a season or two before the styles change) so it''s not something I want to spend a ton of $$$ on. Anyone have any suggestions for cute sundresses?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I almost bought this Free People dress from Urban Outfitters (online) on mega-sale, but then they told me they didn''t have my size
39.gif
I desperately want it but my bank account hasn''t quite recovered enough from my last shopping trip. Ah, the life of a poor recent college-grad
2.gif

_5345817.jpg

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
That dress is adorable, musey!!!!!! I didn''t even think to check out urban outfitters and we drove right by it yesterday.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2007 11:28:33 AM
Author: KimberlyH
That dress is adorable, musey!!!!!! I didn''t even think to check out urban outfitters and we drove right by it yesterday.
they have it at Nordstrom''s too... both online only though, I think
8.gif
I find that Urban Outfitters has MUCH cuter merchandise as "online only" than they do in-store. Of course, the drawback is, a lot of their brands are more random and I always have no idea what size to order...

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I just purchased 2 at White House Black Market. They of course are a bit on the price side, although there are a few super cute things on sale. I also heard that Gap has some cute sun dresses (I haven''t seen any in person, but there are 2 on the web site that look promising). Target actually had a couple of cute things when I was there the other day, but I didn''t have time to stop and try any of them on. They were around $20ish. You might also want to check out discount stores like TJ Max and Marshalls and Lomans. I know some people aren''t fond of those stores, but I like them. I got a precious B/W halter dress to take on my honeymoon for $15 at TJ Max the other day. I also found a PRECIOUS red/white dress, but they didn''t have my size. You have to hunt, but usually there are some nice things waiting to be found.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
also last i saw Old Navy had a bunch of sundresses...maybe about a month ago. they are all super cheap too like $30 or whatever. fun for a vacation if you just want something to wear a few times. the only thing is that so many of the dress styles this year are like babydoll-ish and i always feel preggo looking when i wear that style. hehee. so i haven''t bought any dresses this year!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the tips, ladies! I have a hard time finding sundresses because I have a large chest, so to be comfortable I need wider straps so that I can wear a good bra (halter and strapless dresses end up being uncomfortable, I spend the whole time wondering if I''m falling out!). I considered hitting TJ Maxx on Sunday but DH was WORN OUT from shopping so perhaps I''ll have to do that by myself sometime this week.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kimberly,

I don't know what your price range is, but from one large busted woman to another, I often have luck at Anthropologie for sundresses. They often have ones that have wider straps or are simply sleeveless and some of the brands they carry are cut generously in the chest.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Try American Eagle, Gap, Old Navy and H and M. The stuff is cute and not as expensive...

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Not sure if your definition of sundress includes longer one...I was in Academy Sports the other day buying shorts I can do lawn work in...and then plunge into my pool...and near the swimsuits were colorful dresses for $9.99.

Many were bold patterns like black with bright orange butterflies or white with palm frawns...they were sleeveless, think round neck line, but string belt type thing, and maybe side slits. You could easily hem them if you could find a pattern you would like. May have been a rayon smooth tight weave... Not sure what your age bracket is...these may have been swimsuit coverups...but accessorized correctly, would work for a dress.

I didn''t see any that made me swoon, but I did take another look for $9.99. Fabric was worth more than that! Their website is a tad lame...
2.gif
so I can''t show you a pic. they have some cheap yard work shorts for $3.99 so you won''t make a wasted trip. Oh and some really fun straw hats...get you one to protect you from the evil rays!!
10.gif
They did have some cute black and white skirts...I liked those...$9.99.

DKS

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
DF, thanks for the ideas! We don't have H and M here (the closest is in LA), but they do have some great, less expensive pieces, I always pop in when we go to Chicago or NY. The gap had a few cute dresses but nothing that made me say "I must own that!" AE only had strapless and Old Navy is now my list of next places to look!

DNS, I've never heard of Academy Sports.

NF, I'll have to look into Anthropologie.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
s
Date: 5/7/2007 10:33:02 AM
DF, thanks for the ideas! We don''t have H and M here (the closest is in LA), but they do have some great, less expensive pieces, I always pop in when we go to Chicago or NY. The gap had a few cute dresses but nothing that made me say ''I must own that!'' AE only had strapless and Old Navy is now my list of next places to look!

DNS, I''ve never heard of Academy Sports.

NF, I''ll have to look into Anthropologie.
A new H&M just opened in Irvine. I know you are somewhere in SD so if you''re ever up in OC..... It''s a bit closer than LA.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 11:27:56 AM
Author: Miranda
s

Date: 5/7/2007 10:33:02 AM
DF, thanks for the ideas! We don''t have H and M here (the closest is in LA), but they do have some great, less expensive pieces, I always pop in when we go to Chicago or NY. The gap had a few cute dresses but nothing that made me say ''I must own that!'' AE only had strapless and Old Navy is now my list of next places to look!

DNS, I''ve never heard of Academy Sports.

NF, I''ll have to look into Anthropologie.
A new H&M just opened in Irvine. I know you are somewhere in SD so if you''re ever up in OC..... It''s a bit closer than LA.
Thanks for the tip, Miranda! I saw the big ta-do about the store opening in LA, but nothing about the one in Irvine!

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sure Forever 21 has some.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/8/2007 11:41:20 AM
Author: just_looking!
Lilly Pulitzer has some cute dresses with straps!

Lilly Pulitzer Dresses

I 2nd Lilly- not cheap, but not cheaply made either- I live in them and have some that are 10 years old- I just wash them in cold water and hang dry...

They aren''t everyone''s style though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results