shape
carat
color
clarity

Sunday wedding question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies! Could I ask those of you who don''t often frequent the ''BWW'' forum to head over there and advise me on the question of whether a Sunday wedding is a bad idea?

Thanks!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t see why it would be if it didn''t clash with your guests attending their regular church services.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think a Sunday wedding is a bad idea, however, if you plan to have it in the evening be prepared for your guests to leave much earlier than they would a Saturday evening wedding.

We''ve been to several weddings the past few years, and we were just talking about how the Sunday weddings clear out so early because everyone has to rest up for the work week.

Other than that, I see no hesitation to celebrate on a Sunday.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
My wedding was sunday December 16th 2001(could not get a saturday ANYWHERE). We had a 6pm service and most folks stayed at the reception (open bar) until 11pm and lots of others stayed until 1:30 am and we par-tayed and danced the night away.

LittleRock

Shiny_Rock
Our Sunday wedding was great. It was over Memorial Day weekend.... 11 years ago. We had an afternoon affair and loved it!!!
1.gif
Reading your post reminded me, didn''t my DH and I get married on a Sunday??? Yup, we sure did! Thanks, for jarring the memory.
9.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I was recently at a sunday wedding. Lovely!

It was an early ceremony at church 9am, then followed by a lovely cocktails and then a beautiful brunch. very tasteful and early enough to get you home and settled in before a Monday!

Saves you lots of money too!
22.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t immediately see your thread on BWW so I''ll respond here...we had a Sunday wedding for several reasons - it was cheaper and we were footing the whole bill, and most of DH''s guests were in some way connected to the restaurant biz, so it''s very much a cultural things for their weddings to be on Sundays since it''s a slower restaurant day than Saturday. We also had the wedding in the evening, knowing that people would have to work the next day and we were understanding if people couldn''t make it for that reason, or had to leave early. Honestly though, most people stayed till almost midnight and the OOT guests flew back on Monday (which was cheaper for them as well).

I''ve also been to a Sunday morning wedding which was really, really nice, and it was great to have been to a wedding and reception and still have time to chill at home before work the next day!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
face23.gif
I''m planning a Sunday, October 21, 2007 wedding right now. We are having a small, intimate affair for about 60 guests at a country inn close to home. Very bucolic and rustically elegant. Late afternoon ceremony with our own priest (Episcopal), followed by a hot and cold buffet of appetizers (with carving stations to make sandwiches), cake, bubbly, and some non-alcoholic beverages. Simple, lesss expensive, and the inn does it all -- food, cake, set up, take down, ceremony decorations, table decorations, linen rentals, carriage rides, overnight accomodations for bride to be, as well as same night accomodations for wedding couple. They would do music and officiant too, but we have that covered. Just hired the classical guitarist for the ceremony. Now we need to get the photog lined up.

Go for it; much less expensive at most venues.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results