shape
carat
color
clarity

Summer Nails

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I am in a huge rut with my nail polish colors... I switch off between Mademoiselle, Bubble Bath, Allure, Sarah Smile, etc.

Has anyone tried any fab new colors?

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Meeee too! I''m so glad you started this thread!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Sarah Smile and I love all of those.

I also like Essie''s Starter wife. I do a french with Sheer Chic by Color Club (never heard of it but my salon got it in as a sample) and I then do the white line and finish with starter wife. Very crisp looking.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OPI''s Hawaiian Orchid: subtle pink, just a little tiny bit of opalescence for summer fun. Loving it!

P.S. - Starter Wife? Oy! I''m sure the color is gorgeous, but that name ....

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I will have to check out Starter Wife. I don''t know that any salons in my area carry Color Club, but I have been hearing that name a lot more lately.

I really love the look of Eva Longoria''s nails in this photo. I wonder if that is a French manicure? Mine are about that length right now, which is longer than I usually wear them.

eva_longoria.jpg

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
OPI ''Strawberry Margarita
OPI ''You''re such a Kabuki Queen''
OPI "Elephantastic Pink''.

All are pink, the first more of a subtle hot pink, the second is a lighter fuschia and the last is a tad bit lighter than the first, but still in the family of hot pink. None are "shocking" and I switch off all three during the summer-they look good on fingers and toes.
1.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
If your a Tiffany fan like myself.............

China Glaze
color "For Audrey"
It looks great on the toenails!
28.gif

I haven''t tried my fingernails yet.

(no, this is not my hand in the picture)

foraudrey2.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I just got a color a couple months ago that I just adore. It''s OPI pink chiffon. It''s got a "glimmer" (not a real sparkle) in the polish that picks up yellow, green, lavendar, just about every color when you''re in the sunlight. I''ve also been using it over darker shades on my toes.

opiss.jpg

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Dream girl ,
i knew you were a Tiffany girl clear to the tips to your ...nails!fun color!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe, the collection is called "Hers" like his and hers towels only it is just her. Starter wife is a sheer pink. My nails actually look a lot like Eva''s in length and color and shape. I do not like the nailbed to be super pink or too opaque in a french.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh this thread is making me want to run out and get a mani/pedi!
1.gif
Maybe next week...

I ususally go with Sugar Daddy on my fingernails... not a new color, just the one I always come back to. I also use Mademoiselle and Allure occasionally... I''m glad to hear some other recommendations, though!

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Sooo....

I picked up a bottle of Nicole (by OPI) ''Blush of Adrenaline''. It''s a very neutral (almost peachy) sheer. It looks very promising in the bottle. I plan to try it out tonight on it''s own, then use it along with an off-white tip (probaby Waltz or Marshmallow) for a French manicure when I go next week.

I''ll update with pictures!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 12:21:21 AM
Author: jewelerman
Dream girl ,
i knew you were a Tiffany girl clear to the tips to your ...nails!fun color!
hehe
27.gif
Acutally, my boyfriend bought me 3 bottles of this color!!! I haven''t changed to another color all summer yet............he thinks its hilarious. I guess it is. We held it up to several Tiffany boxes, bags...it looks SPOT on. My favorite Tiffany SA noticed last month and I couldn''t help but show her my pretty toes!!! lol!
3.gif
31.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
ordered a TON of Color Club polishes on line. At 1.99 each I figured I can try them all. Not sure of all the colors, but willing to try. I like the polish and thought it dried pretty fast too. One day I just did two coats of it with a base and top coat and did not use the drying machine or my quick dry drops, but it was good to go in not too much time.

Love the China glaze blue.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, oooh... I almost forgot... I have some fun OPI knowledge to share! My mom and I were at an "organic" spa in Rehoboth a few weekends ago, and the guy explained to me that OPI has been making phthalate-free polishes, which I was very excited to hear (especially in my current preggo state). He said to just check the label on the bottom, and if it''s written in green ink, it is one of the toxin-free polishes.

So just a useful little tidbit to keep in mind the next time you''re in the salon!
37.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
ephemery1- A little off topic but I just love your photo!! I always want to say something when I see you in a thread. Such a cute picture of you and your husband! Its so sweet and endearing.

Ok, back to nailpolish lol

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 11:49:27 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
ephemery1- A little off topic but I just love your photo!! I always want to say something when I see you in a thread. Such a cute picture of you and your husband! Its so sweet and endearing.

Ok, back to nailpolish lol
Awwww, thanks Dreamgirl!! You are so sweet to comment!
9.gif
That was one of my favorite parts of our whole wedding day... it was after the ceremony, before the reception, when we were doing our first pix alone, just the 2 of us. The photographer goes, "just talk to each other" and we were both just giddy with excitement and disbelief that we actually had the chance to talk about anything we wanted, not wedding-related, for the first time in months!! It was such a great moment.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 10:52:51 PM
Author: diamondfan
ordered a TON of Color Club polishes on line. At 1.99 each I figured I can try them all. Not sure of all the colors, but willing to try. I like the polish and thought it dried pretty fast too. One day I just did two coats of it with a base and top coat and did not use the drying machine or my quick dry drops, but it was good to go in not too much time.

Love the China glaze blue.
DF, did you find any good Color Club colors? I''ve been wanting to try that line since I''ve been seeing a lot written about it lately.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I found a great color yesterday!!! OPI Sweet Heart. I know it''s not a new color, but I''ve never tried it and I must say that I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results