shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions or advice for my propsal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

reighm01

Rough_Rock
All right well a short backround about me. Me and my g/f have been together for 4 years this July and were best freidsn for years before that. We have talked about getting engaged more and more in the last couple months but intially I told I wanted to wait till she finished college. This was more of just a delay on my part. We wouldnt mactually get married till she finished in a year and I can afford a ring and possibly a wedding now without going into debt (although my savings would be gone at that point).

Anyways, I am thinking of proposing soon. Our 4 year anniversary is in July and her birthday just passed. If she was expecting anything it would be on one of those days. But for her birthday i got her concert tickets to Faith Hill and Tim McGraw at the Honda Center in Anaheim, CA. My Best Friend by Tim is our song (I wish it was part of the set list for the tour but it is not). Anyways, the concert is in August, about 2 weeks after our anniversary. I was thinking of proposing on this day.

Intially we going to go out to dinner and I was thinking of proposing after dinner but before the concert. But I couldn''t think of a restraunt that would be that special place. Then I read the proposal idea about haveing someone snapping pictures while I propose and loved it. My g/f is a picture girl and she would love to have the pictures to show off and scrapbook eventually. I was thinking of maybe going to the Summit House in Brea, CA (thereis an awesome view overlooking the OC. We could go out after dinner as the sun was setting and do the whole picture thing overlooking the OC.

Another option was going to include one of our favorite restruants, PF Changs. We love the food and she loves fortune cookies. I was thinking of getting some fortune cookies made that had personalized messages in them. I would keep them in my pocket and later in the night pull them out so she could have one. In the one she opens it would have a message that including my feelings for her and so on and so on. While she is reading I could get down and propose and pull the ring out of the pocket at that time (or even have the ring in a cookie and I could get down on one knee and open the cookie and have the ring laying in my hand). The problem with this idea is where? Should I do it during the concert while one of the more romantic songs is on or just finishing?

I want this time to be special and any ideas or suggestions would be great.

beachbound

Rough_Rock
IMO, I think your best bet would to propose during/after dinner. It seems like you already have the whole plan worked out and it sounds very sweet. The concert would be loud and you might have people bumping into you and wouldn''t be as intimate. If I were you, I''d stick with the dinner plan! It''s very romantic!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
I''d have to agree with beachbound. Although, I did have two friends get engaged at a concert - it was an acoustic show in an old theater. It was great. But they were also sitting down in theater chairs..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results