shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions for pendant setting w/colored stone and diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hrose

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,
I''m thinking about a project....I''d like to get a cushion cut colored stone (still deciding which color) and set it in a pendant that looks like the Tiffany legacy setting. I saw pendants like this in the Tiffany store but unfortunately they don''t have any pictures online. I also don''t want it to be very large...I''m hoping to find a center stone of about .5 carat (though it seems to be hard to find nice colored stones under 1 carat). Anyway could you all recommend different websites who you think would do a good job and would be able to do this kind of pendant? Thanks!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hi hrose - Do you have a budget in mind for this project?

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Can''t really help you with the website, but I can tell you that, besides "the big three" (blue sapphire, ruby, emerald), there aren''t many stones that hold their color nicely in small sizes. Maybe one of the following would do: pink or orange sapphire, tsavorite, rubelite, bixbite, red or pink spinel, paraiba tourmaline. It all depends on your preferences and budget.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

hrose

Shiny_Rock
thanks for the replies! I guess the size and type of stone depends on the price of the setting. I really don''t know how much the setting runs so after I figure that out, then I would figure what kind of stone I can get within my budget. which I would say is $300. thats why i want to start with pricing the setting before I pick the stone if that makes sense...so if anyone has suggestions of where I could get a setting like this, I would really appreciate it!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hi hrose - I don''t know what the Tiffany pendants look like, but are they anything like the ring, with a halo and milgrain around the outer edge? Something like this?

Cushion halo pendant.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Or maybe this? They're both slider pendants, and come in a variety of sizes. I think the first one is for a 4x4mm cushion, and the second is for a 5x5mm.

ETA: Haha, now that I looked, both pendants are the same! Sorry. They were listed separately because they're different sizes.
41.gif

Cushion halo pendant2.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is in the gallery section, and it''s by Whiteflash.

344x375.aspx

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like a fun project. I will be anxious to see what color you pick.

hrose

Shiny_Rock
cellentani, yeah the Tiffany pendant looks like the ring...actually I only looked at the rings in the store so I don''t know what going on in the back. but yes I would like something like the pendant setting you posted. Can you please tell me where you found it? I''d like to look more into the price of it. I also saw a lot of posts about LOGR on ebay so I looked at them but they dont have any pendants like i''m looking for, just a retangular one. thanks again for the replies!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2009 9:36:12 PM
Author: hrose
cellentani, yeah the Tiffany pendant looks like the ring...actually I only looked at the rings in the store so I don''t know what going on in the back. but yes I would like something like the pendant setting you posted. Can you please tell me where you found it? I''d like to look more into the price of it. I also saw a lot of posts about LOGR on ebay so I looked at them but they dont have any pendants like i''m looking for, just a retangular one. thanks again for the replies!
Those pendants are from Adwar (adwar.com). If you want to search the site for pendants, go to the menu on the left and click on "charms", then you can choose "narrow by shape" from the menu to see all the cushion-shaped pendants. With Adwar settings, you have to go through a jeweler who has an account with them, but most items can be ordered in yellow, white, or rose gold (usually, yellow and white are the same price, but rose gold is more). The item is shipped to your jeweler as a cast piece, and he will have to polish and set any stones, including accent diamonds. If you don''t have a local jeweler, I know that many PSers have used Whiteflash for Adwar pieces, and they have turned out beautifully. WF is also very accommodating about giving you quotes and discussing your project.

I love those pendants, and hope you get one!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe you can email a picture of it to LOGR and ask if they have something similar? It seems like LOGR has tons of halo settings so I would think they’ll have something like that for a fraction of the price.

hrose

Shiny_Rock
i think i''m gonna take my time with this and find the stone first (which will probably take me a while) I''m leaning toward something purple or pink (more likely something in between) and cushion or squarish shape. I''m not set on it being small...just whatever I can find for a good price and is eye clean. Then after I will start figuring out the setting.
Oh and if you happen to come across a stone that fits this description, please post the link! Thanks!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a good approach and most often recommended. It is difficult enough to find the right stone that having it limited by shape and dimension adds another level of unnecessary complication.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results