shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions for housewarming gift

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of Mr. Kama''s colleague just bought a beautiful house and we''ve been invited to their housewarming party this weekend. They are in their mid 30''s with three kids. I''m not entirely sure what to give as a housewarming gift! I usually bring over a nice bottle of wine for a dinner invitation, but I''d like to give something more substantial for their housewarming. Any suggestions?

TIA!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
What about some sort of "luck"? Horseshoes, Swedish Love Knots, Blessings plaques??

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband would suggest garden gnome
3.gif

Housewarming gifts are difficult. Maybe the wine for the adults and a set of thanksgiving cookie cutters for the kids (and a EASY cookie mix to go with - one that just has you add water)? Another would be a type of hand print stepping stone that can be put out in the yard. We had kits that we bought and little turtles are made in molds and then concrete is poured into them and then the kids place their hands to make handprints. It took us a couple tries to keep them from cracking, so possibly order extra stuff? We love ours.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always like a nice potted plant that way its a nice gesture, and not an indefinite piece of item that some may feel obligated to have around when your around?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2009 3:40:57 PM
Author: D&T
I always like a nice potted plant that way its a nice gesture, and not an indefinite piece of item that some may feel obligated to have around when your around?
Can''t go wrong with a plant!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Orchid perhaps?

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
What about a nice cheese tray to go with the bottle of wine? I recently bought a nice one for a friend as a house warming gift at Bowring.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Stationary with their new address printed on it.

Williams and Sonoma soap and lotion gift set.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tons of great ideas! Thanks ladies! I love giving plants, I actually bought an orchid along with a nice bottle of wine to the last housewarming I went to - turns out the hostess received several potted plants that evening, more than she could manage!

I'm thinking maybe I'll walk around William Sonoma and get a gift basket of some sort?

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/27/2009 4:10:16 PM
Author: hlmr
What about a nice cheese tray to go with the bottle of wine? I recently bought a nice one for a friend as a house warming gift at Bowring.
I saw some lovely cheese tray''s at Zone when I was in Ottawa two weeks ago. Too bad I didn''t know about the party then! I''ll look around Bowring tomorrow!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just what I heard = plants are suppose to be a no-no when it comes to gifts because if the plant dies, the person feels guilty. What if they get a plant and have NO idea how to take care of it? A few of my friends have mentioned killing every house plant every purchased. One managed to her palm in one week by putting it next to the heater.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if they have Williams-Sonoma in Canada... but they carry some nice hand soap/lotion/dish soap gift sets in lovely scents that make a nice little gift.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/27/2009 8:14:09 PM
Author: TheBigT
I don't know if they have Williams-Sonoma in Canada... but they carry some nice hand soap/lotion/dish soap gift sets in lovely scents that make a nice little gift.
HI:

As does Fruits and Passion--their "Cuchina" Line (Kitchen) soap is wonderful. I received it as a gift and loved it! Lovely scent and handy where everyone uses it by the kitchen sink...hey you can never have too much handsoap in flu season!!!!
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/27/2009 8:10:32 PM
Author: MC
Just what I heard = plants are suppose to be a no-no when it comes to gifts because if the plant dies, the person feels guilty. What if they get a plant and have NO idea how to take care of it? A few of my friends have mentioned killing every house plant every purchased. One managed to her palm in one week by putting it next to the heater.
So true. I kill anything remotely green, and it''s definitely not for a lack of trying. I just don''t know how to nurture plants. :S

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know if they have Williams-Sonoma in Canada... but they carry some nice hand soap/lotion/dish soap gift sets in lovely scents that make a nice little gift.
That''s the plan for now. I love the stuff Williams-Sonoma carries, so I was thinking maybe making a basket of a bunch of several fall/winter items?

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/27/2009 8:17:16 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

As does Fruits and Passion--their ''Cuchina'' Line (Kitchen) soap is wonderful. I received it as a gift and loved it! Lovely scent and handy where everyone uses it by the kitchen sink...hey you can never have too much handsoap in flu season!!!!
9.gif

cheers--Sharon
I LOVE the ''Cuchina'' line! You''re definitely a woman after my own heart! They were having a 15$ sale a few weeks ago when I picked up some birthday gifts, too bad I didn''t pick up extra bottles. Would''ve made an excellent gift, especially since the bottles are so pretty and made of glass.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2009 9:53:49 PM
Author: kama_s

That''s the plan for now. I love the stuff Williams-Sonoma carries, so I was thinking maybe making a basket of a bunch of several fall/winter items?

Oops, I feel dumb. I didn''t see that you''d mentioned this above! Well, I second your idea, then.
2.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/27/2009 10:03:12 PM

Date: 10/27/2009 9:53:49 PM
Author: kama_s

Oops, I feel dumb. I didn''t see that you''d mentioned this above! Well, I second your idea, then.
2.gif
Haha, worry not - the more the consensus, the better!
9.gif

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
A nice well made wooden salad bowel , with matching Tongs is always nice as well..You can also include
a nice set of kitchen towels, or oven mitts

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/28/2009 12:58:27 PM
Author: crystalheart1
A nice well made wooden salad bowel , with matching Tongs is always nice as well..You can also include
a nice set of kitchen towels, or oven mitts
Oh, I like the idea of the wooden salad bowl and tongs. I''ll drop a visit at Crate and Barrel and see what thye might have that fits the bill. Thanks for the suggestion!

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
We received a beautiful Wooden Bowel and Serving Set from Simon Pearce as a gift.. I am not sure if there is a store in your area but they have very nice pieces. I am not sure what your price range is..but they are probably on the higher end.. their quaility is amazing..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results