shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions for engagement ring please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fuentes

Rough_Rock
So it looks like I may have a diamond.
It''s a GIA .88ct. F color VS2 Princess.
I''ve been thinking that it may look kinda nice on a small eternity band...I don''t know much about them or what retailers sell them. I''m looking to spend under 1K for the band...anyone have any suggestions or examples? Also, I guess it may half to be a half eternity for my price range.

fuentes

Rough_Rock
Thanks!
What about the combination of the princess cut solitaire with the round cut stones in the setting...will it clash? Also, I want to make sure that the band is small and thin because I want the diamond to appear larger.
How do things work when you buy a setting from an online vendor like Facets. What if I need to resize the ring or what if a stone pops out. Would I be better off trying to locate an eternity style setting from a local retailer? It''s just that I do not know her finger size exactly because I want it to be a surprise and she would definately find out if I had her finger sized.

fuentes

Rough_Rock
Also, I meant to ask about the setting thickness...is 2.2mm small enough to make the diamond stand out...it''s 5.33 x 5.34 x 3.64 princess. And is it strong enough for good structural integrity.

singer

Brilliant_Rock
How about this set? I don''t know the price, but I got a halo mounting from the same complany with about .50 carats diamonds in it for right under $1000. I bet this would be a similar price.
emteeth.gif

Here is the website: http://www.gottlieb-sons.com/

set25316.jpg

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Here is another ring, which is a true 1/2 eternity (with two larger sidestones). You should go to the website that I listed in my last post. It is really neat, because after you click on the picture of the ring you can click "VIEW SPINNER" and you can see a 3-D view of the ring as it spins.
9.gif

set26984.jpg

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Can you tell I''m bored today? Hee, hee. Here is another from that site:

set26890.jpg

singer

Brilliant_Rock
And another... (This one is prettier (IMO) than the other one I posted with the two larger sidestones.)

set26108.jpg

singer

Brilliant_Rock
To answer your questions from before:

1. Round stones in a setting with a princess center stone looks great! Most people with princess center stones seem to go with round stones in the band just because they are sparklier (is that even a word? LOL.) Besides, stones in a 2 to 3 mm band will be very small. You probably won''t even be able to tell if they are rounds unless you look very carefully (if that even bothers you). I prefer a mixture of diamond shapes in jewelry. I have a round center stone with a square-shaped halo of diamonds that goes around it. (I''ll post a pic just in case you''re confused.
3.gif
) My ring (it is also on page 1 of G&S website)is from Gottlieb & Sons and my fiance got it through a local jeweler. Their rings are divine!

2. 2.2 mm is thin and delicate and it would look awesome with the size stone you bought! Believe me, the stone will look bigger. 2.2 mm is also sturdy enough for everyday wear. Mine is only 2 mm, and I don''t ever worry about it.

myring27089.jpg

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Here is an example of a princess center with round sidestones...see, isn''t it beautiful?
emotion-5.gif

(It belongs to FunkyMike from this site):

princes23784.jpg

singer

Brilliant_Rock
You know, now that I think about it, that ring looks exactly like what you were describing. It is thin, has round diamonds, and is almost a full eternity. Funkymike got it from Whiteflash in case you are interested. (a popular jeweler on this chat site
1.gif
). Good luck with whatever you decide on! Congrats!

P.S. Sorry I bombarded you with so many posts. I am at work in front of a computer until 5, and I am so bored! I lease apartments and since snow hit last night, it is really slow. I have only had one showing all day! Wah!
emcry.gif
7.gif

fuentes

Rough_Rock
wow, thanks for all those pics!
Actually, I am purchasing my diamond from WF! I guess I better take a look at them before I decide to go elsewhere.

fuentes

Rough_Rock
And yes, that ring you posted from FunkyMike is a lot like what I''m looking for.

singer

Brilliant_Rock
I feel dumb....when I posted the two pics with the larger round sidestones, I had forgotten that your center stone was square. Pricescopers...I really do have good taste. LOL.
emcrook.gif
emembarrassed.gif

fuentes

Rough_Rock
What is the type of setting for the sidestones that makes it look like the band is extremely thin. It looks like there are only diamonds holding the ring together. This is the look that I want.

fuentes

Rough_Rock
Also, lets say that I buy my diamond from WF and I want to buy the setting from Facets...who sets the stone? And, if I have a princess cut stone, do I have to make sure that Facets gives me a ring with the appropriate setting for the center stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results