shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions for a pair of ovals on a budget?

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock
I just bought a pair of earring settings for 5x7mm oval stones. The settings are in white gold with accent diamonds, kind of dressy but not over-the-top. I''m looking for a pair of stones to have set in them and I''d like to stay under $100 total including shipping to the U.S. Any suggestions? I''m not super picky about what goes in them; if price were no object I''d love sapphires, but price is an object and I can''t even get good lab sapphires for my budget.

I''ve looked at AJS, Barry''s site, Bob Kast, and a few others without much luck. Right now it seems my best bet would be buying two tanzanites from Tan or two of his light-colored tsavorites (such as this one, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350183196229). I know the colors in this price range aren''t ideal, but that doesn''t bother me as long as the stones aren''t unattractive. What do you think?

As an alternative, I''ve looked at the calibrated stones at Multicolour. They have aquamarine, rhodolite, chrome tourmaline and blue topaz in 5x7. Would this be a decent option--I mean, would I be reasonably assured of getting decent stones, without being able to see photos of the actual stones?

Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results