shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggest a hair product please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
My hair is really thick and naturally wavey. When it was long, if I let it air dry, it got pretty curly, and I could just spray some defrizzer on it and be done. But I cut it short after the wedding. Now it''s really short with lots of layers. I really thought this cut would look good with some wave in a messy, not too styled kind of way, but IT DOES NOT!!!

Every day I have to blow dry it straight and then use a straightener on it, and then, if any bit of moisture touches my hair, it gets these really weird odd looking waves. If I don''t completely dry it, it looks terrible. So I''ve been drying/straightening, but now my hair is getting kinda fried. I want to grow it out so that it''s long enough to pull in a ponytail again, but the ends are just terrible. I''ve tried a bunch of products to try to protect my hair, but they all make my hair start to wave!

Do you have any suggestions on budget friendly products that will help make my hair straight and protect it from the blowdrying/straightening?

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
I like BioSilk Silk Therapy- it reduces frizz and protects hair from heat styling. When used daily, I swear it prevents split ends. It''s not cheap, but a small bottle lasts forever as you don''t need to use a lot. I also like Davine''s Relaxing Fluid. It gets your hair really straight and keeps it straight, straighter than with Silk Therapy. I don''t find that it protects your hair at all though. I''ve tried combining the two products with mixed results.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
biosilk makes a great smoother and leave in conditioner. i think they have a product for the heat treated hairs too. They also sell the little bottles at walmart and they sell the large ones at the salons. It makes your hair really soft!!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I usually straighten my hair, but when I let it go wavy, I spray on Garnier curl shaping spray gel while my hair is still fairly wet. Then I just scrunch it to get the waves rolling. It dries with some firm texture, the waves look really nice and there's very little frizz. If you like a softer feel, I run a brush through after its totally dry.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Your best bet would be to the Chi series of hair care products.

First of all, they are created to be heat-on-hair protectors. Chi was first created as a hot styling tool...and moved on to the products that protect the hair from the heat tools. They work incredibly well--especially the silk. Stylists have even been known to use it as a lotion on their hands after they become chapped during the winter months due to over exposure to water. It''s very healing.

Secondly, it smells wonderful. Which is a great bonus. Woohoo

Its also pretty cheap. Not Herbal Essence cheap, but on the affordable side of hair care products. For the entire series, you''re probably going to spend around $35.00.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Relaxing Balm. Some people add a tiny bit of silcone serum but most people dont need to. From your description a cut with lots of layers & short sounds scary to me for someone with curly hair. Short curly hair usually poofs out & layers are a whole other ball game for someone with curly hair If not done correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results