shape
carat
color
clarity

Successful Paris engagement!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Guys -
sorry for being MIA for so long. Things have been crazy at work. But anyway. After holding onto the ring for almost a year I proposed in the gardens of Versailles, right outside of Paris!! I decided to propose early on (2nd day) so that we could celebrate during the rest of our trip. The day began with quite of a surprise when we learned that we had to vacate the apartment that we were staying in because the owner''s son cam back earlier than expected ... so we had to start the day by finding a hotel! But we eventually managed and made our way to Versailles. I had planned a picnic on the canal in the gardens so we bought great cheeses, wine, cold cuts and bread. Problem is that none of that was allowed!! They even have a an x-ray machine, just like at the airport. We totally lucked out though because the "caught" a guy in front of us and somehow our backpack slipped through. Yeah! So then we toured the castle and I wanted to find a quiet and private spot to have the picnic, but we had to walk quite far to beat the crowd. My GF was hungry and getting grumpy and always asking why we could not stop sooner!!! But finally I spotted a place right on the water and we had a great late lunch. It was also hilarious because my GF saw this couple all over one another in a rowing boat and she told me that "the guy must have just proposed to her" ...
41.gif

Well, she only had to wait for a few more minutes ...
So we were all cozy on a blanket and my GF was playing the game of "he loves me, he loves me not" with a daisy, and twice came up with the fact that I did not love her (those damn daisies) so I got out the sleeping bag and told her how much I did love her despite the daisies and that I wanted her to even marry me!!! She was totally surprised and could not believe it: "Are you serious???" Well - she said "of course!!!" and all was good in the gardens of Versailles!! She LOVED the sleeping bag and the ring - it fit perfectly! We spent the rest of our trip in Paris and visiting my family in Switzerland and celebrated the occasion quite a few times. Our families and friends are thrilled!!
Wedding is in July of next year in Maine and we are excited to start planning the event!! Thanks again for all your support and input!
Cheers,
Rob (which really is not my real name, lol)

ash1123.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
Pic

140 - Copy.JPG

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
Happy couple

2091234.JPG

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Congratulations!!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, congratulations! I was wondering when you were going to post your story :D

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! You make a great couple!

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
Hi "Rob"...or Bill or Bob or whatever your real name is
9.gif

What a wonderful proposal story to recount in the years to come!
36.gif

You make a lovely couple...all best for your marriage!

~Allyson

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!! What a fantastic proposal!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
well gosh I was wondering when you would come back! CONGRATS!!!
36.gif
36.gif

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow, what a beautiful proposal! I love Versailles and can totally picture a proposal there...perfect!

The ring is gorgeous and you two make such a cute couple!

Congratulations!!!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Hi Rob, Congratulations! I was wondering what was happening with your proposal story -- so glad it happened and she said yes -- and what better location to propose than VERSAILLES! Unbelievable. Best wishes to you and your fiancee!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
congrats on your engagement

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!!!!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, Rob! That''s very exciting!!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
congratulations!!! The ring looks gorgeous and it sounds like a great proposal, what a story!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Yay! What a wonderful proposal story!! Please post more pics!!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Rob! Your ears must be ringing! I was totally thinking about you yesterday and wondering if you had proposed. You were our only MIW. Congratulations on the proposal!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
rob- OMG..... Versaille! That would be my dream engagement (of course, I am already married
3.gif
) Just being in Versaille is like being in a fantasy for me, I can''t imagine getting engaged there too. Congratulations to you both.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Rob! I am so happy for you. The proposal sounds absolutely perfect.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations (not)Rob!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I have been waiting for your proposal! I am glad that it went off so wonderfully--and in Paris, no less!
9.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congratulations! That is a terrific story. You guys are going to be so happy together!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Rob, that is absolutely WONDERFUL!!! I love the preparation you had and your plans (despite the X-ray machines!) were amazing! The two of you make a gorgeous couple--congratulations!!!!!
36.gif

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, wow! A Versailles engagement sounds so amazing. DH and I went to Versailles for a day trip on our honeymoon, and I can only imagine how romantic and memorable a Versailles engagement would be!

Very well planned. Kudos
36.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, how very sweet! Congratulations!
36.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a cute story! Congratulations!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
hooray! i was wondering how it went! Congrats!!!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Nice work and congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results