shape
carat
color
clarity

Stupid voting question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
We moved a year and a half ago so I have no idea where I am suppose to vote (or where my voter''s card is). Does anyone know how I can find that out? TIA!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Tacori!
35.gif

If the link Lucky posted doesn't get you the info you need, try this. (BTW, that site should work for anyone, regardless of which state you live in.)
21.gif

ETA: Tacori, your question wasn't stupid at all! But I have a question that is: HOW exactly do you vote? I have voted in a presidential election before, but that was four years ago and I can't remember exactly how it worked. When you go into the little booth, is there a lever you pull, or a button you push, or a form you fill out? I honestly cannot remember, no matter how hard I try!!!
33.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
How is my link wrong? I''m confused.
33.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/11/2008 8:35:58 PM
Author: luckystar112
How is my link wrong? I''m confused.
33.gif
Never said it was wrong . . . just thought I would post the other one as an additional option in case Tacori doesn''t live in NC, or in case there''s someone else who has the same question and doesn''t live in NC.
5.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies! Maybe someone else will have the same issue! Haha.

Lucky, yes I am in NC and I know I am registered b/c I voted here for the last election. Also I remember when I changed my DL (after I got married for my name change) the DMV said they would update my voter''s card. Now only if I could convince DH to vote. *sigh* I will look at that site right now.

Irish, I cannot remember either! Haha. I feel like you pushed a button. My memory is mash potatoes. I guess we will be reminded soon
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So, I don''t show my card? Can''t remember!!!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/11/2008 8:41:21 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Thanks ladies! Maybe someone else will have the same issue! Haha.

Lucky, yes I am in NC and I know I am registered b/c I voted here for the last election. Also I remember when I changed my DL (after I got married for my name change) the DMV said they would update my voter''s card. Now only if I could convince DH to vote. *sigh* I will look at that site right now.

Irish, I cannot remember either! Haha. I feel like you pushed a button. My memory is mash potatoes. I guess we will be reminded soon
2.gif
LOL! Thanks, Tacori! I feel better knowing I''m not the only one!
9.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/11/2008 8:42:12 PM
Another good question! I can''t remember that either.
40.gif

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/11/2008 8:42:12 PM
Tacori, I am in a different county but we don''t have to show a card. They look your name up in a book. And I have voted several times and I can never remember from one time to the next how to do it. DH and I barely got our address changes sent in...had to be postmarked by Friday which is when we mailed them. I also had a name change on mine. I could have sworn I changed the address when I first moved but my old name and address was shown when I did a search online.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
dianne, how do you do a search online to check?

AGSHF

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

If you moved to a different county within the state, chances are you will have to re-register to vote using your new address because your precinct has changed and your representatives, etc. have changed.

We are very near to the time of the election, so voter registration may be closed already in some states. It's best to check directly with your state's Secretary of State's office/website to find out what procedure to follow for that.

Here's the link to the NC website and addresses voters who have moved:

http://www.sboe.state.nc.us/content.aspx?id=24

Vote!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! Luckily it was in the same county so hopefully it will be okay.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I just figured out how to do a search...they have my new name but my old address. Can I just vote where I used to?

AGSHF

Shiny_Rock
Hi Tacori,

I don''t know if you still need an answer, but the NC website states the following:

When you move within a county, you should complete an in-county change of address. This can be completed on your voter identification card, a signed letter to your local board of elections or on the form specified above. (see website for that)

If you moved >30 days prior to the election: you will need to be registered and may only vote at your new polling place.

If I were you, I would as soon as possible take steps to complete an in-county change of address.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/11/2008 9:51:10 PM
dianne, how do you do a search online to check?
Tacori, I am so sorry I just now saw your post. I went to bed right after that last post to you and I worked the second job today...just got home. I''m glad you found what you were looking for. I''m not sure what you would do in your situation. Have you been able to find any additional information online or, perhaps, a department you can call in your county with questions? Good luck!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
call your county courthouse for information on voting precincts. if they can''t help you they will be able to direct you to who can.

Date: 10/12/2008 8:18:22 AM
Oh, I just figured out how to do a search...they have my new name but my old address. Can I just vote where I used to?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
When we moved into our condo almost three years ago, I didn''t know where to vote either. I just called up our town hall, told them where we lived, and they told me where to vote.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
There should also be signs out. These are not silly questions at all, very serious stuff.

How you vote is going to depend from precinct to precinct. I color in ovals with a black pen, that form gets fed into a scan-tron reader. When living in other states it was occasionally line the tab up with who you want to vote for and pull the lever. That was punching holes in paper for my candidate choices. It all really varies, but the good news is that there are pollworkers there to explain it with you. They cannot go into the booth with you and they cannot represent any candidates, their job is to be there to help you.
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results