carat
color
clarity

STUPID Stuff That Makes Me Happy

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Strawdermangrl said:
I love an occasional rainy day, that I don't have to work, with a good movie on TV and someone to snuggle with.

Oh, and a grilled cheese and tomato soup. :appl: :love:

OMG two of my favorite things.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I love it when the wind is howling outside at night. I feel all warm and snuggly in my bed.

I love it when DH gives me scratches--usually when we are watching TV he scratches my scalp.

I love it when all of the chores are done on Sunday nights. The house is clean with clean sheets and towels. A bonus is when the dogs are freshly bathed.

I love laughing so hard that my cheeks hurt.

Every day around 3 p.m. I have a cup of tea at work and curl up in my snuggie. I've been known to show up at 3 p.m. meetings like this.

I love taking things out of the oven. I always want to try it, regardless of what I've made.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie said:
Trekkie said:
This is such a cute thread!

And knowing that my 71 year old grandma will be coming to visit me next month also makes me happy. I know she is going to blow into my little town like a hurricane, complain about the lack of decor in my townhouse, the lack of art, how much weight I have gained and how I "need to do something" about my hair. I know she will demand to be taken out to nice restaurants so that she can show off her designer clothes and handbags and scarves and her enviably slim ankles in her designer stiletto heels and then complain that she can't eat anything because the restaurants are not halaal. I know that she will criticise the lack of variety in my spice cupboard - how can I expect her to make a 3 different curries with only one type of masalla?! What do I mean they don't sell fresh danhia in my town - does that mean I don't grow my own?! Did I really go to that deli and pay a fortune for Basmati rice when I could just pop into Lalla's and get a huge bag there for next to nothing. Blah blah blah.

But thinking about it makes me smile because I know she will love visiting me and I will love having her and it's sad that her health is starting to go and she won't be around for much longer. So I'm happy that I can still spend this time with her. :)

I love this description of your grandma! I want to meet her!!

Yes - this made me smile, she sounds like quite the woman! And you have such a good relationship ::)

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
athenaworth said:
Strawdermangrl said:
I love an occasional rainy day, that I don't have to work, with a good movie on TV and someone to snuggle with.

Oh, and a grilled cheese and tomato soup. :appl: :love:

OMG two of my favorite things.

I like the way you think. :)

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Walking around the neighborhood and giving treats to cats
Seeing houses decorated for the holidays
Pulling all of the lint off the clothes dryer's lint trap in 1 piece

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
really strong vanilla tea
clean sheets
Edy's Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookie Ice Cream
anything that has fresh lilac scent

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot one: Watching the birds eating at my bird feeders.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my heating pad too..It is the best, but always makes me fall asleep. I love my little dog sitting on my lap, and really
everything about him makes me happy. I love a clear day when the mountains behind my house have snow on them....
I love getting a new Tiffany's catalog in the mail, and a really good quilting magazine.
I love just hanging out with my man, and how seeing him across the room still gives me a little flutter in my heart.
I love a good book, and tuesday night tv line up. The one night where I like all the shows...
I love taking off my clothes at the end of the day and putting on my jammies and crawling up in my bed....

I love when I cook dinner and everybody really likes it. It somehow makes me feel like I accomplished something....

portia

Brilliant_Rock
The little things my DH does for me every day. He's so sweet!!

When my precious Zoe jumps up on the bed and heads right for my side, buries her head in my arm and then licks me on the nose if I don't pay attention and wrap my arm around her. She's so adorable!!

Running hot water over my hands in the bathroom at work (I'm glad to know I'm not alone in this :)) )

The smell of exhaust at the start of a race weekend. (Ok, I'm a dork)

The F1 "theme" song they play on Speed channel when the pre-race show starts. (Ok, double-dork!)

Watching wicked thunderstorms blow over

Spending time with my parents

And finally... the first margarita after stepping off the plane in Mexico at the start of a vacation

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
The "Simon's Cat" videos on Youtube.

Pumpkin pie, eaten straight from the pan.

Being able to sleep in, which doesn't happen often enough.

My new Aeropress.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Ooo, Ooo! I forgot some of mine :wavey:

Fireflies! A BUG that LIGHTS UP! :shock: How cool is that? :appl:

Kittens! Big piles of them, all tumbling together, how cute! I visit the Petsmart just to see the rescue kittens. My current cat is from there.

Candy! Doesn't really matter, whatever I feel like that day, fruity or chocolate. (note to self: start candy thread)

Roses! Red or pink or peach are favs, but any that smell good are great! Even a single rose is a marvel of nature.

Buying dumb little plastic toys from the quarter machine at the grocery store. My kids are now too old to act as cover for this action, so I try to affect a "buying for the grandkids" air while I'm doing it. :bigsmile:

Cashmere socks! I get a pair every Xmas (from here http://www.feelingpampered.com/10caso.html), and they are the BOMB-DIGIDDY (my teen says this means good, but neither of us know how to spell it). I wear them only to bed, and they are 98% cashmere (there are tons of other cashmere/wool ones out there that don't feel nearly as nice) and soft as a lamb's bottom. It's like putting your feet in a pile of kittens! They keep my feet always at the perfect temperature, never too cold, never too hot. Every night I enjoy this, but they are not what I would call "sturdy", hence the needing a new pair every year.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Fresh out of the dryer sheets.
Hearing my DH laugh.
Soup.
Purring cats.
My students.
Naps.
Reading an innovative argument.
ETA: Top Pot doughnuts

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie said:
Maisie said:
Trekkie said:

And knowing that my 71 year old grandma will be coming to visit me next month also makes me happy. I know she is going to blow into my little town like a hurricane, complain about the lack of decor in my townhouse, the lack of art, how much weight I have gained and how I "need to do something" about my hair. I know she will demand to be taken out to nice restaurants so that she can show off her designer clothes and handbags and scarves and her enviably slim ankles in her designer stiletto heels and then complain that she can't eat anything because the restaurants are not halaal. I know that she will criticise the lack of variety in my spice cupboard - how can I expect her to make a 3 different curries with only one type of masalla?! What do I mean they don't sell fresh danhia in my town - does that mean I don't grow my own?! Did I really go to that deli and pay a fortune for Basmati rice when I could just pop into Lalla's and get a huge bag there for next to nothing. Blah blah blah.

But thinking about it makes me smile because I know she will love visiting me and I will love having her and it's sad that her health is starting to go and she won't be around for much longer. So I'm happy that I can still spend this time with her. :)

Yes - this made me smile, she sounds like quite the woman! And you have such a good relationship ::)

Aaaw, thanks. :) My gran is lovely but also a little nuts. Apparently madness runs in the family. I'm so lucky to have escaped it! :naughty: :halo:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
These aren't stupid but rather simple:

Beautiful sunsets and sunrises

The way wood smells when it is burning

The color of the leaves outside

The smell of Autumn/Winter

Glitter

Burying myself in my covers

Seeing my parents smile

The fact that My birthday (24th)/Thanksgiving(25th)/Black Friday(26th) = perfect week for me.

Getting good mail

The way my house smells

Hot Chocolate

Tea

Sushi

My Keurig

My fondue set

Reminiscing with friends/fiance

Rain hitting my window and falling asleep to the sound

My moms cooking

My nephews

When my dad sends me interesting emails

My sister/brother in law

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only have a puppeh...

big sigh...

from the time she's born, she sticks all four feet out and just sighs while sticking her feet into you and rests her head whereever.

She's been a red and white beagle except that the breeder I purchashed her from assured me that she would be a lemon, meaning a blonde and white. I absolutely kept her anyway.

She's been a damn alpha from day one, asserting herself towards every male she's come into contact with. She hasn't lost a match, ever.

She's just a really great dog, and is now four years old. I got her spayed at 6 weeks. I brought her to my parents' Indiana farm at 1.4 years. She's been happy ever since. She's the best dog I've ever had, and ever will have. Thanks for listening.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trekkie said:
Yssie said:
Maisie said:
Trekkie said:

Aaaw, thanks. :) My gran is lovely but also a little nuts. Apparently madness runs in the family. I'm so lucky to have escaped it! :naughty: :halo:

:bigsmile:

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Hearing when someone else had a good day, or a good moment.
This has only happened twice, but sleeping in very late with my boyfriend. Sometimes, we are both so tired its unreal, and he will snuggle closer and make sure I get enough sleep!
Naptime with my cat Orion, which I think I will indulge in right now.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Bumping this up, having too much fun with this one to let it go just yet :twirl:

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Watching baseball with my dad (that's my plan tonight!).

My purple dresser.

Being in cities (my city now is more like a town that suddenly had a few more million people show up to dinner than it expected).

My new apartment.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
SanDiegoLady said:
SanDiegoLady said:

I forgot to mention... many years ago, my Uncle found a reel to reel tape my Mom made, she found it easier sometimes when we lived in Chicago, to sit down & tape a "letter" to my Grandmother because she could add so much more.. so.. they found one of Mom's tapes & made each of us daughters a cassette.. I have only listened to it once.. but I love knowing I can still hear Mom's voice if I want to... I just haven't been able to do it again. ::) Its comforting.

That is very special. I'm glad you have it.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
-When I look at pictures of my kids as toddlers, I can't help but smile. On the worst day at work, all I have to do is look at our photo website, and everything is okay!

-When I cook something for the first time, and get raving reviews from everyone

-When random people tell me that my kids are well mannered (this is rare, but has happened a couple times)

-When I get home, and my hubby has everything tidied up, and the kitchen is sparkling, ready for me to cook in.

-Whenever anyone in my family wants to cuddle with me, and watch MY shows with me.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great thread! How fun to see what makes everyone happy.

My list is long and varied:

Seeing my husband walk through the door when he gets home from a business trip
Hearing from one of my nieces or nephews
Hot chocolate chip cookies
Snoopy
Watching lightning
Listening to the rain
Seeing trees covered in snow
Fleece blankets to cuddle up under when I am cold (which is often)
Having a clean house (not cleaning it but when I am done)
Freshly changed sheets
The smell of rain
Watching the stars
Driving fast (and safe) around mountain roads and corners
Reading
Knitting
Having a drink with a friend
Photography
Seeing my diamond sparkle
Chocolate

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Frogs and toads. Especially tree frogs.

My mom's meatloaf and green bean casserole and her pork cutlets w/red gravy.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
When both dogs sleep on both sides of me.
When I don't turn off my alarm clock off, Q will kiss me awake.....and or B will jump up on my chest.
When hubby says he went grocery shopping and the fridge and pantry are full.
When hubby and I go out and I walk too fast ahead of him, he will say, "Come back...hold my hand."

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Yssie said:
Packy, that's so cute :bigsmile:

All things red make me happy. And the looks on DH's face when I invariably choose the red whatever-they-ares make me giggle. ::)

It just occurred to me! Here is something RED that you might like: Scarlett Fiesta ware! Fiesta is a line of dinnerware, bowls, vases, jars, etc., that's been around since the 1940's (or was it '50's?) that is oven, microwave and dishwasher-safe.

But the RED is so fabulously RED! Not orangey-red, not pinky-red, PURE red. I thought I'd mention it, since I was putting it away (I mix up 5 different colors for my set) tonight and it occurred to me that you might like that color too!

http://www.fiestafactorydirect.com/p-422-square-luncheon-plate.aspx :love:

Plus they're having a sale http://www.fiestafactorydirect.com/t-sales.aspx

You can see it at Macy's in RL, but I order from the factory to get the more unusual pieces like the vases.

Actually, I think I'll start a thread on Fiesta . . .

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Gettin into a warm car on a hot day, weird, I know.

When my makeup and hair come out nice.

when I watch my soapopera when it's recorded and I can fast-forward all the commericals.

hmm, thinkin of more!

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
OOO love this thread.

In the morning, when my DH gets up to go to work, I roll over and steal his pillow... it smells soooooooo good.

Sun shining through the trees.

Anything fall - colored leaves, mini pumpkins, apple cider.

How happy my cat is to see me on the time and when she jumps on my lap just for snuggles.

A happily rouring fire in the fireplace when its cold.

A steaming hot bath!

5pm when I get to leave work, 6:15 when I finally get home.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
iLander said:
Yssie said:

All things red make me happy. And the looks on DH's face when I invariably choose the red whatever-they-ares make me giggle. ::)

It just occurred to me! Here is something RED that you might like: Scarlett Fiesta ware! Fiesta is a line of dinnerware, bowls, vases, jars, etc., that's been around since the 1940's (or was it '50's?) that is oven, microwave and dishwasher-safe.

But the RED is so fabulously RED! Not orangey-red, not pinky-red, PURE red. I thought I'd mention it, since I was putting it away (I mix up 5 different colors for my set) tonight and it occurred to me that you might like that color too!

You can see it at Macy's in RL, but I order from the factory to get the more unusual pieces like the vases.

Oooo I have the black fiestaware.... hard to find anymore but I love it!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
rhbgirl24 said:
iLander said:
Yssie said:

Oooo I have the black fiestaware.... hard to find anymore but I love it!

Yay to the Fiestaware girls! I have the vintage dusty rose and dusty blue mixed with cinnabar (burgundy) and cobalt. They are great dishes for everyday since they wear like iron. I just replaced my dinner plates from the factory direct store but I've also bought pieces from Mega China. You might check to see if they have any pieces in black.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results