shape
carat
color
clarity

Stupid Me! (Make me feel better, tell me what dumb thing you did today)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 9:32:37 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I am still dying over this. This was bad.

I am typing on my husbands Mac, computer crashed today... So am going to be away from PS for a while, FYI...

Ok, so we had bought the house in nantucket. My husband wanted me to work with his friends GF. She''s a decorator. I love the guy, so figured, cool, I can use the help. Well she was of little help. Sent me like 2 samples when I asked for 4. I went to vent to my DH about her, since her name starts with the same letter as my DH''s guess who got the email???
She did. I could have died, but it worked out well. I would have been spinning my wheels with her. I got the house done very quickly on my own. But the kicker?? She still charged us 10K. We paid, because of a friendship.

The friend dumped her shortly afterwards., But she sure has my money.

38.gif
BLECK, that''s just rotten on her part....

So sorry about your computer troubles!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 9:31:21 PM
Author: Blair138

Date: 9/25/2008 8:49:14 PM
Author: KimberlyH

Date: 9/25/2008 8:35:53 PM

Author: Blair138

I''m a teacher-midterm grades are due Monday and I accidentally deleted AN ENTIRE CLASSES WORTH OF GRADES! and I had no printouts or paper records...Thanks GOD there is an undelete button-but I freaked out for a good 10 minutes...oh and then my co-worker discovered a lost diamond in my RHR-someone was watching over me because I did find it!
36.gif
I just finished a credential program, Blair, so I feel for you because I can only imagine how you were feeling. HOORAY for un-delete buttons.

Kimberly-I was in the middle of listening to presentations/grading and had to freak out to myself because I couldn''t do anything...I wasn''t OK until I got home later in the day...I still can''t believe that happened
6.gif
I would have been freaking out too! I''m so type A that I would have been pacing the back of the room waiting for an opportunity to fix the problem.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 8:53:04 PM
Author: Sparkalicious
I started a fire on the stove boiling water. Now THAT''s talent.
15.gif

I put a little bit of oil in some water and turned the stove to high (my favourite way to cook) and then, while waiting for it to boil, went to the computer room and got in a few PS threads ... forgot all about the water. By the time I remembered, the water was boiling over and the water in the oil was causing a fire with the element. Embarrassing and dangerous. I was coughing from the thick smoke in the air and had to scrub down the kitchen, turn on fans and open every window and door. I was really dumb and very lucky.

Needless to say .... not doing that again.
Oh no! I''m glad nothing terrible happend, Spark. Eat some ice cream for dinner, it always makes me feel better.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 10:03:44 PM
Oh no! I''m glad nothing terrible happend, Spark. Eat some ice cream for dinner, it always makes me feel better.
Thanks Kimberly - It''s all good. Happened a couple of months ago.
Hoped that made you laugh & feel better as well.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 10:22:48 PM
Author: Sparkalicious

Date: 9/25/2008 10:03:44 PM
Thanks Kimberly - It''s all good. Happened a couple of months ago.
Hoped that made you laugh & feel better as well.
And giggle I did. We had a nice dinner and I''m feeling better...

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Last year, a month after moving into our new home I went outside around 9ish to turn off the sprinkler in one of the flower beds. We still needed to replace the screen on the storm door, so I closed the actual door behind me not realizing that while the deadbolt would be unlocked the lock on the knob was in the lock position. Of course after I turned the water around I tried to get back in the house and the door was locked. I checked each door and window that I could get to but everything was locked. I didn''t have my phone on me and DH wasn''t going to be home for another 3 hours. We live far enough away from our neighbors that they really can''t see our property and we didn''t know them, so......... I found a rock and smashed a window on one of the side entry doors to the garage so that I could reach in and unlock the door. The next day DH and I took a trip to the Home Depot and purchased one of those keyless entry pin pads for our garage door (and a new window).

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 9:04:49 AM
Author: sap483
Last year, a month after moving into our new home I went outside around 9ish to turn off the sprinkler in one of the flower beds. We still needed to replace the screen on the storm door, so I closed the actual door behind me not realizing that while the deadbolt would be unlocked the lock on the knob was in the lock position. Of course after I turned the water around I tried to get back in the house and the door was locked. I checked each door and window that I could get to but everything was locked. I didn''t have my phone on me and DH wasn''t going to be home for another 3 hours. We live far enough away from our neighbors that they really can''t see our property and we didn''t know them, so......... I found a rock and smashed a window on one of the side entry doors to the garage so that I could reach in and unlock the door. The next day DH and I took a trip to the Home Depot and purchased one of those keyless entry pin pads for our garage door (and a new window).
I''d call that resourceful, not stupid, sap!

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Perhaps, but not checking the door to make sure it was unlocked was pretty stupid of me!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
This morning I paid $700+ in parking/towing fees to the NYC Parking Violations Bureau.
29.gif

I actually had no choice. Stupid me for incurring all those parking tickets!!! grrrr >

Don't you hate having to pay so much money for something and have absolutely NOTHING to show for it?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I went to take a picture for my blog last night and realized I had left my memory card in my computer at work
20.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh we had friends over last night so I polished our wooden floors. I ran up to get something and ran back down again and promptly slipped and fell on my ar*e in front of everyone! Ouch
14.gif
9.gif

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock

Oh I’ve got a doozy! (Actually… two)

37.gif

The first occurred a couple of years ago when I was in college. I stayed up all night studying for an exam. I was so tired the next day and rushing out the door to get to my test on time. I got into my car and realized that I left my purse in the house. So I jumped out of the car…. And it started moving forwards… Right toward my garage door. I left the car in gear!!! I tried to get back into the car but wasn’t able to hit the brake until the damage was already done. I drove right through my garage door. The worst part about it was, I had to leave immediately to go to my exam! I called my mother who luckily worked not too far away, and she said that she would come by to look at it while I was in class and try to “bang it out”… Not so much. I had to call a repair man later that day to get a whole new garage door. The few people that know about it won’t let me live it down. I will never stay up all night and think I have my wits about me ever again. That was one expensive lesson!
7.gif

The second thing I did that was ridiculous… Oh wow, I don’t even know if I should say it! I was about 13 or so and I riding in the car with my dad. We were on the highway and saw a huge storm in front of us. I was wondering if it was heading our way so I rolled down the window and stuck my hand out to see which way the wind was blowing. (…. And we were driving on the highway) My dad looked at me like I was crazy and said that the storm must be heading straight for us and REALLY fast! Haha

Wow, for smart girl I certainly have some stupid moments!
3.gif

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I did something so friggin stupid yesterday I had to go sit in the back room at work and have a mini breakdown.

A customer came up to buy a toy washer, amongst about a dozen other items. I was ringing them, the DH was wrapping them, and the customer was talking to me nonstop. Normally I can talk, ring up and even chew gum at the same time (ooh multitasking) but in this case there was a breakdown somewhere along the way in the process.

I glanced briefly at the toy washer- thought it was a plastic dollhouse toy or something- and rang it up for $7.00. Customer kept yapping while signing his CC slip, and walked away.

Then my husband turned to me and said, "You did ring up that salesman's sample washer for SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS, right?" Um no. No, I didn't.

00, which typically if it was $700, should be $700.00; that's the way almost all the dealers write it, and the way I expect to see the price. Nevertheless, even with the price sloppily written it was a mindbogglingly dumb mistake to make.

My darling husband kindly raced after the guy, and we were able to charge him the extra $692, but I was still freaked out completely and horrified by the whole thing.

Of course the customer didn't say anything, but honestly I don't think he even looked at his cc slip when he signed it.[/b]

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I was away for the weekend, but just wanted to say thanks to those of you who added stories and made me feel a bit better about what I did. DH will certainly be able to rib me about this for a while, but it''s good to know I''m not alone in my silly muck up!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Could not find sunglasses; looked everywhere---they were on my head.

Entered address in GPS (car) today--promptly ignored the GPS''s directions and of course....got lost. Listened the second time.....

Hope you are feeling better about the drywall K!

cheers--Sharon

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Several years ago, I got pulled over. The cop had run my plates, and they came back to my Acura--which I had just traded in for my Mustang. The cop (ahole, btw) didn''t care that I had paperwork stating as much...and issued me a ticket, because my insurance card still said "Acura".
20.gif

I put the ticket in my glove box, and promptly forgot about.
29.gif

A few months later, I get a letter in mail saying there is a warrant out for my arrest.
6.gif
. I panic...wtf...

Turns out, by forgetting about my ticket...I also forgot about my court date...and by missing my court date...a bench warrant is issued
39.gif

I go and turn myself in to the court house...so I don''t get formally arrested later on...at the time the desk sergent informs me that a new court date will be issued and I will recieve it via mail.
36.gif

A week later, I get a great job offer and move. I ended up having major issues with the post office, because half of my mail was being delievered and the other half was going MIA. Turns out, one of the MIA pieces was my new court date
39.gif

I missed it again. (yep, seriously)

I get another warrant issued for my arrest. But now, instead of taking my licks, I''m scared.
14.gif

I lived on the lamb for 6 months...driving under speed limit, or not driving at night...basically doing whatever to not get pulled over and hauled off to county.

I eventually hired a lawyer...and the whole thing, that would have cost me nothing---since I had valid insurance, and only had to show up to show it to the judge--cost me well over 3k
29.gif

I AM A MORON SOMETIMES

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results