shape
carat
color
clarity

Stupid Argument - who is right and who is wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
haha we've had this exact same fight! he had cleaned the bathroom really well one weekend (incidentally the weekend he moved in after we got married) and within 3 days it was totally trashed with all his things - clothes on the floor, personal stuff out on the counter, toothpaste stains everywhere, little hair stubble from shaving in the sink..etc) and he went OFF on me for not cleaning out the drain well enough after i showered that day. it was HILARIOUS. he accused me of not appreciating the hard work he did, blah blah blah. we had a good laugh about it after he realized how silly he was being, and since then we've used the whole thing as a motivator - whenever one of us is annoyed with the others mess we'll clean up our own crap around is so that we can go ahead and be justified in asking the other to pick their crap up
3.gif
(especially since we are both intensely messy people!)

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 9:59:45 AM
Author: mimzy
haha we''ve had this exact same fight! he had cleaned the bathroom really well one weekend (incidentally the weekend he moved in after we got married) and within 3 days it was totally trashed with all his things - clothes on the floor, personal stuff out on the counter, toothpaste stains everywhere, little hair stubble from shaving in the sink..etc) and he went OFF on me for not cleaning out the drain well enough after i showered that day. it was HILARIOUS. he accused me of not appreciating the hard work he did, blah blah blah. we had a good laugh about it after he realized how silly he was being, and since then we''ve used the whole thing as a motivator - whenever one of us is annoyed with the others mess we''ll clean up our own crap around is so that we can go ahead and be justified in asking the other to pick their crap up
3.gif
what is it with guys and leaving hair in the shower drain? I usually try to pick it up before I get out of the shower, but sometimes I forget! FI and I have had this fight before. He can leave his stubble in the sink when he''s running late, but if I leave hair in the shower, or, God forbid, hair on the floor, he tries to give me the "please remember to pick it up" lecture.
6.gif

The nerve.
11.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Yuck! Food items and used eating utensils should be put in the kitchen before ANY mention is made of flat irons!
So I think it is you with the upper hand on this one!
Underwear ( and yes, that probably includes used socks) also belong in this category of ''do not belong in living room''!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am amazed at the amount of people who have SOs that critique their messes, when the SO has a mess of their own!

I refuse to believe that men just can''t *see" their own messes!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 10:48:25 AM
Author: Bia

haha we''ve had this exact same fight! he had cleaned the bathroom really well one weekend (incidentally the weekend he moved in after we got married) and within 3 days it was totally trashed with all his things - clothes on the floor, personal stuff out on the counter, toothpaste stains everywhere, little hair stubble from shaving in the sink..etc) and he went OFF on me for not cleaning out the drain well enough after i showered that day. it was HILARIOUS. he accused me of not appreciating the hard work he did, blah blah blah. we had a good laugh about it after he realized how silly he was being, and since then we''ve used the whole thing as a motivator - whenever one of us is annoyed with the others mess we''ll clean up our own crap around is so that we can go ahead and be justified in asking the other to pick their crap up
3.gif
what is it with guys and leaving hair in the shower drain? I usually try to pick it up before I get out of the shower, but sometimes I forget! FI and I have had this fight before. He can leave his stubble in the sink when he''s running late, but if I leave hair in the shower, or, God forbid, hair on the floor, he tries to give me the ''please remember to pick it up'' lecture.
6.gif

The nerve.
11.gif
I must give it to FF for this... i get hair EVERYWHERE, and he doesn''t complain.

Maybe that''s because he''s literally never cleaned the bathroom. EVER. I''m the only one who does it.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neither of you is right.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 11:24:32 AM
Author: elledizzy5
I am amazed at the amount of people who have SOs that critique their messes, when the SO has a mess of their own!

I refuse to believe that men just can''t *see'' their own messes!
We had that conversation once.

He complained about me leaving two pairs of shoes out in the living room. I asked him if he was joking considering all the crap he has laying around the house. He said he wasn''t joking. So I gave him the side eyes as I picked up my shoes and didn''t say anything else about it. He had left at some point to do whatever and when he came back, he sat on the couch. I walked over to him with two bags full of crap he''s left around the house...dirty clothes, shoes, really smelly socks, rolled up napkins...everything and dumped it all on top of him. Then I calmly said, when you''re done with all of that, your dishes are waiting in the sink for you.

It didn''t take care of the leaving a mess everywhere part but he has never mentioned my mess since then. The credit to that idea was my mom who did the same exact thing to my dad lol

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 1:01:37 PM
Author: AprilBaby
Neither of you is right.

Care to elaborate??
2.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 1:19:27 PM
Author: fieryred33143
Date: 5/20/2009 11:24:32 AM

I refuse to believe that men just can''t *see'' their own messes!

He complained about me leaving two pairs of shoes out in the living room. I asked him if he was joking considering all the crap he has laying around the house. He said he wasn''t joking. So I gave him the side eyes as I picked up my shoes and didn''t say anything else about it. He had left at some point to do whatever and when he came back, he sat on the couch. I walked over to him with two bags full of crap he''s left around the house...dirty clothes, shoes, really smelly socks, rolled up napkins...everything and dumped it all on top of him. Then I calmly said, when you''re done with all of that, your dishes are waiting in the sink for you.

It didn''t take care of the leaving a mess everywhere part but he has never mentioned my mess since then. The credit to that idea was my mom who did the same exact thing to my dad lol

LOL fiery! Man I wish I would''ve thought of that when it happened. I''d have loved to have dumped all his dirty crap right on top of him.
11.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 1:19:27 PM
Author: fieryred33143

best. idea. EVER.

so doing that to E.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 10:48:25 AM
Author: Bia

3.gif
what is it with guys and leaving hair in the shower drain? I usually try to pick it up before I get out of the shower, but sometimes I forget! FI and I have had this fight before. He can leave his stubble in the sink when he''s running late, but if I leave hair in the shower, or, God forbid, hair on the floor, he tries to give me the ''please remember to pick it up'' lecture.
6.gif

The nerve.
11.gif

i''m pretty lucky in that regard, FF will de-hair the shower if i forget. i guess he enjoys playing with my long hair so much he wouldn''t risk complaining about my shedding for fear i''d get it cut
21.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I'm with you on this one Elle. He can't be blinded to his mess then single out your stuff. You were doing something with those materials. Dirty socks, used bowls/plates and all that other stuff is stuff that was used then left out and neglected. FF shouldn't have gotten upset with you. You were doing your hair that same day. Maybe you got sidetracked and were going to put your materials away later on. There is something with men and clothes. FI leaves all of his on the bedroom floor, so I pick them all up, and toss them on the floor of his side of the bed.
Ugh, men sometimes....you could always be like my bff and put his dirty bowls on his side of the bed
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2009 5:59:40 PM
He really does fear the flat iron. It''s weird. He complains that mine doesn''t have auto shut off.

He also gets upset when I leave a drawer open, not because its messy, but because it may topple the dresser and fall on a cat.
Ok, so there''s your answer.

His issue is that these things represent safety hazards.

Soooooooo, point out to him that his shoes/towels/etc. laying around may cause you to trip and perform a triple Lindy before landing on your skull. DEFINITELY potentially hazardous.
9.gif
11.gif

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
I''m doomed, my FF complains about my mess too, but he''s a complete neat freak. I have no means for retaliation or any ability to complain of his hypocrisy! =( HE PUTS EVERYTHING BACK =''(

You''re lucky you have the ability to have the argument? lol

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Ha ha my FI did something like this once. He used to leave his stuff everywhere, like bundles of mail and papers in "organised piles" that I can''t put away cos I''ll mess up the "system". Of course, he didn''t see this as mess at all. I had been off for a few days and so had done all the cleaning - except for his paper stuff. We literally had to pick our way across the floor - it was EVERYWHERE. I was going away for the weekend and we were arguing over the mess. He says "fine, you just leave, and I''ll clean up OUR mess". I surveyed the room, pointedly picked up a pair of my shoes (that were beside the door along with about 5 pairs of his) and my laptop and said "now it''s your mess".

He apologised and has never done it again. We turned one of the spare rooms into his office and we don''t have any more problems
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results