shape
carat
color
clarity

Stumbled across a gold designer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
My friend and I happened by this store: www.jjmarco.com The workmanship is good and a number of their pieces are quite lovely. Question -- do you see a resemblance to Buccellati?

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2009 9:12:56 PM
Author:Harriet
My friend and I happened by this store: www.jjmarco.com The workmanship is good and a number of their pieces are quite lovely. Question -- do you see a resemblance to Buccellati?
yes I do see a slight resemblance in the style which I am a fan.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see a resemblance in some of the work: the open work. One can see that J.J.Marco does some similar honeycombs of gold. It does not, however, produce any of the rings or bracelets that Buccellati does in which a kind of sunburst in gold appears on a silver/white metal or vice versa and those, along with he honeycombs, are among the pieces that I consider to be the most singularly Buccellati.

Deborah
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb, I''d love one of those bracelets.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/24/2009 3:08:11 PM
Author: Harriet

Deb, I'd love one of those bracelets.

I'd love one, too, Harriet! I don't think one is in my budget, however!

Deborah
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''ll just admire them as works of art.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are some beautiful pieces!

I would take...

these earrings:

jjmarcoearrings.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
The middle of these rings:

jjmarcorings.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
And this necklace. The necklace in particular looks like something I''d love to wear to the Opera!

Those are definitely my favorite pieces from the site!

jjmarconecklace.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Musey,
There is a collection of very pretty flower rings that are not listed. I like that necklace too. I''m going to see the owner (Mark) about some custom work.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I had a local B&M bring this Marco bracelet in for me last year. It was very nice, but in the end I decided I wanted a brushed gold
instead of the polished. The catalog had some yummy stuff in it though!!

MarcoBracelet22.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I talked with him about a brushed finish and he said that wouldn't be a problem.
31.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/25/2009 8:16:44 PM
Author: musey

And this necklace. The necklace in particular looks like something I'd love to wear to the Opera!

Wonderful choice, musey! I'd take one, too, but I don't seem to wear the necklaces I already own and I am afraid that my neck is soon going to "go" (as in the book by Nora Ephron). I should wear the necklaces I own while I still can!

Deborah
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results