shape
carat
color
clarity

Stuller Flower Setting and Pink Diamond Melee

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I love this Stuller setting link and imagining light lavender pink diamonds in the 'halo' in a white gold ring. Do you think the lavender-pink in such a small size will be washed out? I'd appreciate any and all opinions!
1.gif

(diamond melee would be from Africa Gems link 2 like Shimmer's)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its a very pretty setting, but I don''t think the melees would show up too well unless there were more grouped together, like one right next to each other if that makes sense, but in this setting because they are spread out too far, the color would be a little more sparse and I think the metal on the setting would take over the little fellows. Hope you''re ok with my honestly. How bout rose gold with pink melees -they may blend in (but also help the color maybe?) until it hits the right lighting.... and you then got some nice fire
31.gif
? and make the center white diamonds dunno just a thought though?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
D&T- Thank you for your honesty! A little bit of me felt the same way...but I didn''t want to admit it! Computer screens can be a little misleading when it comes to imagining settings. I think the magnification makes me want to believe that all of the details will be just as visible in real life as is in the picture, which is of course not true unless its an inch away from your nose! I do really like the miligrain like effect on the ring, so perhaps I''ll keep it in mind in case I think of another way to use it.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
And yes, having them side by side for a more obvious color distinction makes perfect sense! That, or alternating them closely with white diamonds might be a little bit better to bring out the lavender pink of the diamonds.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
D&T made some good points, was going to suggest the same. If these were some .20 or .30 ct stones you''d be fine with this design, but since they''re so small the stones would be too far appart to bring out their gentle color. But all may not be lost, as you can alternate colors in those petals by setting lilac into one and, for example, light blue in those next to it. Or the combo could be lilac and light green. Alternating those pastel colors (that are different enough to distinguish even in small stones), can bring them both out in a white gold setting and save the day
9.gif

But if you''re not sure about that idea, you can always go with something more classic like a channel set band, either with alternating white and lilac stones, or a three-row band with outer rows being white and the middle row lilac...or something totally different altogether.

P. S. In the case of the setting you posted, I think YG would actually do more for the stones then WG, as it would create a stronger contrast, while also bringing out their blue component. At least in theory
9.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
What if the halo were done in rose gold? Would that bring out the pink of each diamond?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2009 3:42:03 AM
Author: ma re
D&T made some good points, was going to suggest the same. If these were some .20 or .30 ct stones you''d be fine with this design, but since they''re so small the stones would be too far appart to bring out their gentle color. But all may not be lost, as you can alternate colors in those petals by setting lilac into one and, for example, light blue in those next to it. Or the combo could be lilac and light green. Alternating those pastel colors (that are different enough to distinguish even in small stones), can bring them both out in a white gold setting and save the day
9.gif

But if you''re not sure about that idea, you can always go with something more classic like a channel set band, either with alternating white and lilac stones, or a three-row band with outer rows being white and the middle row lilac...or something totally different altogether.

P. S. In the case of the setting you posted, I think YG would actually do more for the stones then WG, as it would create a stronger contrast, while also bringing out their blue component. At least in theory
9.gif

Ma Re, you are incredibly insightful as always! I like the idea of yellow gold; very unexpected! I think that I might have to order a couple stones to see how they look in real life. What kind of stones would you suggest for the light blue or light green''s? The closest diamond I might be able to find is an affordable melee would probably be a yellow; besides diamonds, I can''t think of anything that I''ve seen in a melee size.

Besides that, I think you actually read my mind with your idea of a channel set band! I''ve been bookmarking anniversary ring settings for a couple days with the idea of setting the lavender pinks next to some small white diamonds I picked up from a Mlopros on Ebay.
4.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2009 12:06:16 PM
Author: jstarfireb
What if the halo were done in rose gold? Would that bring out the pink of each diamond?

I was thinking that rose gold might over power the light lavender pink of these diamonds, but it definitely agrees on the rose gold and the alloys in it, so you might be onto something!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Well, when I said light blue or light green, I was thinking about diamonds, at least those color enhanced. I thought that the same vendor who sold you those lilac ones might have some in these colors and melee sizes. But if there are no diamonds available, your best be are probably tsavorites. Size is right, and affordable is an understatement when talking price. You can even get some a shade or two lighter than that pic, so that the tone is as close to your lilac diamonds as possible. Other than that, there are not many choices, maybe sapphires, but they''d probably be noticably larger (and finding them under 2 mm in diameter might be quite a task) and their brilliance is not so close to that of diamonds (compared to tsavs), due to birefringence i.e. double refractivity. Of course, the one on the pic isn''t exactly light blue either... It would be great if you could find some lighter green demantoids, but I''ve never seen them cut so small.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results