shape
carat
color
clarity

Studying for the Bar?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FSULaw

Rough_Rock
Greetings all!

Through my daily lurking on pricescope, I noticed that many people here are either attorneys or law students. I just graduated from law school in May and am currently knee-deep in the misery that is preparation for the Florida bar exam. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions, advice, or general condolences as I enter the final stretch.

Although I did very well in law school, the bar review course is making me feel like an idiot (and it is also making me wish that I had become a high school American government teacher). Thanks for listening.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Biggest piece of advice is to study with a buddy and quiz eachother OUT LOUD. I find studying by yourself sometimes lets you THINK you know the answer but you don''t quite have it memorized....Or flash cards would help. Best of luck....It''s not too late to change your mind HEHEHE
11.gif
JK

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
Lot''s of sympathy here. Studying for the bar was the most excruciating part of my legal career to date. (Actually taking the exam was much easier.) I said in an earlier thread that , if I had fully comprehended what the bar exam would require in terms of preparation, I would have rethought my choice of law as a profession.
2.gif
In contrast, I think Gypsy liked it.

But you are past that stage now, as I was, and my experience simply illustrates that things will get better. Since you already did well in law school, you must know what works for you study-wise. For me, the only changes I made were to shelve my propensity for procrastination and be be more structured because of the amount of material that needed to be covered in a relatively short time. I allocated my day for classes, outline production and studying, exercise (one of the few times in my life I''ve done that regularly, but it was great to clear my head during the day), and time off in the evenings to recharge. I preferred to study alone as I had in law school, but many people are like MMM and get a lot from working with others - do whatever worked for you in law school. Focus on the fact that this is a time-limited challenge; it will be over soon. Good luck and welcome to PS.
35.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Bar review is pretty horrible, but it''s designed to be that way. I remember leaving the exam positive that I failed (and many others have told me they felt the same way), but I passed. I don''t think most people ever feel like they know enough when it''s time for the exam. I would also suggest studying w/another (if that works for you). I outlined every subject and also made big poster size sheets of notes and taped them to my walls. I studied everywhere! I started early and ended late, usually would go the gym in the evening as my form of a break. I took my outline there and read it. I took lots of vitamins, did wheat grass shots and tried to stay as healthy as possible...if only I still did that I''d be better off. I was probably at my healthiest while studying for the bar, b/c I was so worried about it and wanted to do everything I could. I think studying w/someone is great b/c you can go back and forth testing each other. I also had other friends test me when I would see them. I used the flashcards that you can by and took them everywhere. Just stay focused and you will do great!

Good luck!!

FSULaw

Rough_Rock
Thanks all! I only have a few days to go and right now, I just want to get this over with and start my life. I have been scoring pretty well on the PMBR questions and have been working like a maniac. I really hope that this is going to be enough. Wish me luck.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck, FSULaw! I am sure you''ll do well!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Best Luck!

I was in the same boat this time last year and I know it''s not a fun time -- but you''re almost done and soon you''ll have all of August to enjoy
emstar.gif

FSULaw

Rough_Rock
Well, it is finally over. That was, without a doubt, the most intense experience of my life (that I will hopefully never have to repeat). I left the test feeling okay about things. But, of course, now that the experience is over and I had a few days to think about it, I just cannot help but recall all of those horror stories about people having to take the bar 5 times. I can honestly say that the questions I did not have a clue about are questions that I would not have a clue about if I had 5 more years to study. I am just so happy that this portion of my life is over with and I can start being a normal person again. Thanks for all of your support.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Job well done. Is it Miller time?
embeer.gif
emcocktl.gif
emotion-33.gif

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results