shape
carat
color
clarity

Studs-Size as compared to the other qualities

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MarkMark

Rough_Rock
First off, great site, great info. I guess you really don''t know how little you really know untill you start to do some research.

I am in the market to buy a set of stud earings for my wife. Budget around $3000. Prefer a princess cut. Around 1 ct total weigth. I am having a hard time trying to determine if I should give up a bit in color and clarity in order to get a larger size. If these are hanging on my wifes ears, will anyone really be able to tell if it is an I or G? VS1 or VS2?

I started to go the Blue Nile route, but from the boards it seems I could do a bit better with some of the other etailers mentioned here. ALthough i want good value for my money, I don''t necessarily need to make this a quest for the holy grail.

Comments and suggestions greatly appreciated

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey markmark
35.gif
welcome to ps!

as you alluded to, no one will be getting close enough to the ears to see much of a difference in color or clarity. what you want to see is sssssparkle. if you focus on getting a well cut stone you will not only see sparkle from a mile away, you will otherwise mask any perceived color or inclusions. i think i/si is a great color/clarity combination for earring princess stones and would definitely use that as a starting point. best of luck to you!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
First of all $3,000 is a great budget. You could get even larger than 1 ctw if you wanted. I got my studs from ashford.com and I love them. The prices are great. I chose G/VS but you could easily go to I/SI. They have some 1 ctw listed in WG for $1,675. Also, White Flash is a popular favorite here. I have never ordered from them but I just sent my FFIL there for some studs for v-day for my FMIL. I have yet to see them but he said they were beautiful. Good luch with your search.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results