shape
carat
color
clarity

Studs proyect at IDJ

newbaglover

Rough_Rock
I have been lurking for a long time at pricescope, learning with all the info around, and drooling at your gorgeous pictures.
Now it is my turn! :naughty:
I have been wanting a pair of classic studs for some time and now I have the perfect excuse to get them. From all the info gathered around, I decided I wanted a pair of excelent RB cut stones, colour H-J, VS1-SI2 ( being eyeclean), and with a score in HCA lower than 2.
I would love them to be 2cctw, because my earlobes are quite big, but my budget is very far from so many carats. I discovered the jackets ( Thanks Centellani!) and found the answer, I would get a pair of studs for everyday use around 1 cttw and then the jackets for the poshier occasions.

newbaglover

Rough_Rock
I contacted yekutiel some weeks ago, and he offered me a good pair of diamonds, but they were J VSS1, and less than 5mm each, so I thougth so much clarity was overkill for a pair of studs and I asked him to see around if he could find some other pairs for me. He is very efficient!

newbaglover

Rough_Rock
Yesterday I found at show me the bling those GORGEOUS studs + jackets that IDJ had made for Marchesa6989, I spent some time drooling about the pictures and emailed yekutiel about my proyect. Actuallly, I think I will just copy her jackets too, the 5 pts are soooo beautiful! ( I hope she doesnt mind being my inspiration :naughty: )

newbaglover

Rough_Rock
So, now the facts. Yekutiel has offered me a pair of studs, both GIA graded, those are the specs:

1.- 0.58ct G SI2 ex/ex/ex. 5.35x5.38x3.3 mm The clarity is SI2 because of a twinning wisp.
55% table, 62,1% depth, 34.5% crown angle, 41% pavilion angle. It scores at HCA 1.9 ex/vg/vg/vg

This diamond has been certified by GIA in august 2011. yekutiel has told me both diamonds are eye clean. I dont like the table being so small, but it matches ok the dimensions of the other diamond...

2.- 0.58ct G SI2 ex/ex/ex. 5.31 x 5.35 x 3.31mm. The clarity is descibed as feather,crystal finish
56% table, 62,1% depth, crown angle 35%, pavilion angle 40.8%. It scores at HCA 1.6 ex/ex/ex/vg

I like a lot the specs of the second diamond, not so crazy about the first one, but I asked yekutiel about the possibility of having an idealscope image of them, and he sent me the images so fast. It is a pleasure to work with him!

newbaglover

Rough_Rock
idealscope1.jpg

Sorry, it took me some time to figure how to upload the image =)

newbaglover

Rough_Rock
Looking at the idealscope images and comparing with the reference chart, I think the diamonds would have very good ligth return and symmetry, and ideal proportions. Again, I like more the image of the first diamond than the second, but here is where I would like for you to chime in and post your opinions about this pair. They are not very big, and they are going to be used for studs. Do you think this pair is a good choice?
Thanks for all your help !!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome!
I think for a pair of studs, you have a great set of stones there! And especially if you are adding the 5point jackets. You will be quite blinged out, my dear!!!

I would go with those stones, if I were buying....

newbaglover

Rough_Rock
Enerchi|1340283090|3220945 said:
Welcome!
I think for a pair of studs, you have a great set of stones there! And especially if you are adding the 5point jackets. You will be quite blinged out, my dear!!!

I would go with those stones, if I were buying....
Thanks! I am so excited about this proyect, Before pricescope I did not realize you have to consider so many things, and now I just want everything to be perfect! :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Before pricescope I did not realize you have to consider so many things, and now I just want everything to be perfect!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh... it's only just begun!!! You'll be amazed at how critical you'll become over the next while!!

You have some great studs chosen... now... how about a pair of jackets to go with them?? :Up_to_something: :naughty: Cellantini started an insane craze that many of us have rushed to get a pair! I'm picking up mine next week... they are a gorgeous accessory to help 'pimp your studs' for those days when you want a touch more bling. (like - monday to friday, January to December??)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think those sound very nice! Are you sure you want the 5 pt.jackets with that size stud? I am pretty sure that some of the girls with the 5 pt jackets were wearing them with smaller studs than yours. I really like the 3 point jackets unless your ears can really handle the extra size of the 5 pointers!

newbaglover

Rough_Rock
Enerchi|1340331146|3221561 said:
Before pricescope I did not realize you have to consider so many things, and now I just want everything to be perfect!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh... it's only just begun!!! You'll be amazed at how critical you'll become over the next while!!

You have some great studs chosen... now... how about a pair of jackets to go with them?? :Up_to_something: :naughty: Cellantini started an insane craze that many of us have rushed to get a pair! I'm picking up mine next week... they are a gorgeous accessory to help 'pimp your studs' for those days when you want a touch more bling. (like - monday to friday, January to December??)

I have the idea of getting a par of jackets with the studs...for dressier ocassions, as you have said :Up_to_something: You are getting the 5 pts or the 3 pts? What is you studs size?

newbaglover

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1340333828|3221586 said:
I think those sound very nice! Are you sure you want the 5 pt.jackets with that size stud? I am pretty sure that some of the girls with the 5 pt jackets were wearing them with smaller studs than yours. I really like the 3 point jackets unless your ears can really handle the extra size of the 5 pointers!

Diamondseeker2006, this is the next step. I want to order the jackets ( I have to talk around my DH first...), but I am not sure if I prefer the 5pts or the 3 pointers... I think the 3 pointers would look more elegant, but the 5 pt would be blingier! Once the studs set ( Yekutiel is searching my perfect 8 prong setting, with jumbo pushbacks in 18k wg) I will ask him to make a picture with both types of jackets, so I can decide. Meanwhile, I am lurking around PS and drooling with the jacket fever we are having now :D

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, another jackets/studs project - I love it! Your studs are going to be gorgeous, and I can't wait to see which size melee you choose for jackets! I hope you post the comparison photo, as I think a lot of people will find that extremely helpful! I have the 3-point melee in jackets, and the 5-pointers in my pendant, and I adore them both.

newbaglover

Rough_Rock
My studs are already made! Yekutiel has been so nice and fast, and it is a pleasure to have a chat with him. The setting has been made in 14k wg, because he had it in stock ( the 18k had to be ordered and it would take more time as holidays are starting everywhere) and I was already out of budget, but what is a girl supposed to do if she loves the diamonds choosen after a long search? :naughty:
He has sent me a couple of pictures:
studs1p.jpg
studs2.jpg

I cant see any arrows in the picture, but I think there will be because at the idealscope you can see them. It is hard to take a good picture of a pair of studs!
Now he is working on the jackets, so I can see the studs with 3 pointers and 5 pointers and make my choice (after asking around here first :Up_to_something: )
I am so excited about my new earrings!!! =) =) =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results