shape
carat
color
clarity

STUDS HELP

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

maclicious

Rough_Rock
It''s amazing how much I''ve learned in the past 2 weeks from reading this site. Now for the big question: Buying wife studs (round) for 5 year anniversary. I have narrowed it down to 2 sets - set #1 - 1.27 tcw H, SI1 with HCA scores of 1.3 and 1.9 cost $2700 (BN) - set#2 1.45 tcw SI1, I with HCA scores of 0.7 and 1.7 cost $3,900 (WF). Here is my questions: IS IT WORTH $1,200 for this carat weight difference?? Would it even be noticable? my wife liked 1.5 ctw that she tried on at B&M, so I know they''d fit her ears, but I''m wondering if 1.27ctw would accomplish the same thing... any reply is very much appreciated.
John

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi mac,

Nice present!!

The first thing I would ask is, will she ever want to upgrade? If so, BN is out. Also, BN will not be able to eyeball these stones for you like WF will, something else to think about. But, you could always send them back if you don't like.

Now, as far as size, the first set is lovely, and would do just fine, imo.

So, if upgrading isn't an issue, I'd say try BN out.

maclicious

Rough_Rock
Thanks Ellen - it was very nice of you to reply. If I know my wife (and I''m sure I do) upgrading is out. She''ll just want "another pair." Thanks for pointing out the eye clean check. That''s worth considering. I appreciate your help.
John

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 2:30:42 PM
Author: maclicious
Thanks Ellen - it was very nice of you to reply. If I know my wife (and I''m sure I do) upgrading is out. She''ll just want ''another pair.'' Thanks for pointing out the eye clean check. That''s worth considering. I appreciate your help.
John
Say, only 5 years into it and you''ve already got it down, and accepted it!
9.gif
2.gif

You''re quite welcome, and good luck!

maclicious

Rough_Rock
I may not like it, but yes, I have accepted it.
39.gif

Thanks again,
John

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The size difference will only be slightly noticeable and probably not worth the price difference. Since she is not interested in trading up the BN studs would be a great affordable option. You won''t be able to see whether they are eye clean until you get them, but BN has a reasonable return policy if they are not eye clean when you get them.

I decided to go the BN route for a pendant recently. I wanted to save money rather than have the trade up option and I think BN is great for this type of purchase. I was overall very happy with the setting and the stone I purchased from BN. My SI1 did happen to be perfectly eye clean.

maclicious

Rough_Rock
Thanks KC. I''m tending to lean that way after I found that there''s only a 0.2mm difference each way between the 2 sets. I''m glad you like your pendant. maybe that''s what I''ll by my wife the money I save...
36.gif

Thank you,
John

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results