shape
carat
color
clarity

StriVectin - SD?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Has anyone tried this product out, in the eye cream form, to see if it works?

Thanks!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t tried out this project, but I am the skin care queen so I have lots of suggestions for good stuff if you need them!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, please share.

Right now, I''m alternating between various peptide creams and serums and would like to add other products to be sure that I''m covering all bases. . .there''s so many products out there and I''m a bit confused with which to put on first. . .do I put serum on, then regular cream, then blush, then sunblock??? lol - Help!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
This is my routine:

1. SkinCeuticals eye cream
2. SkinCeuticals C+E serum mixed with SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 gel
3. Laboratoire Remède Complete Treatment Anti-Aging/Stress Control (although it used to be called for Sensitive Skin)

This is my morning routine. I am guilty of not using sun screen, but the new tinted moisturizer I''ve been using has it in there. It''s from Chanel, I don''t remember the name.

At night, I just wash my face. I used to use toner afterwards, but now instead I just make sure my skin is really washed clear. No need to buy another expensive product if I can just use water. I used Creme de la Mer. I use it on my eyes too -- it''s super creamy and doesn''t irratate them.

These are all expensive products, but you don''t need to use a lot of them. I also think it''s worth the money if I don''t have to deal with wrinkles and sun spots later in life!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I agree that these products are worth the money especially when compared to the cost of a face lift (and the ones you posted aren''t too bad at all ;-) compared to the Perrigone system which is $1K!!!
6.gif
)

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That''s crazy expensive. Is that the stuff Jessica Simpson does commercials for?

I''m lucky and have good skin and both my parents had very smooth skin as well. But I figured that after turning 30 (last week) that it was time to start really taking care of myself!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Same here! I'm 32 and have started to panic about "fine lines" appearing so I've switched from regular spf 15 face cream to the hard core stuff
2.gif
lol

I think Jessica Simpson does proactive. The perrigone products are the more expensive peptide creams. . .I'm using moderately priced Estee Lauder and Clinique peptides (plus the cheaper Oil of Olay regenerist line). I've only used these for a month, but MIL says she can see a difference. Who knows. . .I can't tell. I still have a few lines on my forehead. . .possibly time for a botox shot?
9.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t really seen any wrinkles yet, but I''ve seen some sun spots. Yucky. My bf''s mother lives in Florida and her face, although beautiful, is dangerously close to leather bag like status. It''s nice to have a tan, but there have to be some limits somewhere!

I still can''t belive one product could cost $1K! It would have to make me look like Heidi Klum for it to be worth it to me!

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Michelle:

I am using the MD Forte line and I also had botox injections and they did not hurt. I mainly got them in my hairline and eye areas to help with my headaches and so far so good. Insurance covers for the headaches so my co pay was very little. The only cosmetic portion I had done was the line between my eyes, I would get angry and a vein would pop up and I was sick of it! My parents and husband joke about the vein.

Lori
21.gif

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/27/2005 2:12:10 PM
Author:MichelleCarmen
Has anyone tried this product out, in the eye cream form, to see if it works?

Thanks!
OHHHHHHHHHHH- If I could drink this product I WOULD!!
embeer.gif
Guzzle may be a more appropriate word.... I use the eye cream and the strechmark cream- AWESOME.Like nothing EVER. My best friend had terrible strechmarks from her daughter, she look as though she was a burn victim- worse than any thing I have ever seen, used the cream and it tightened and took the marks away. After seeing that, I HAD to have the eye cream....Very Visible results!! We preach to each other in my family about it- My cousin jokes she put it in her hair and everywhere else that she can. It is worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY. Highly recommend it!!! Sephora sells it as well as Ulta- running price is around 135.00....

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2005 4:53:21 PM
Author: Strawdermangrl
OHHHHHHHHHHH- If I could drink this product I WOULD!!
embeer.gif
Guzzle may be a more appropriate word.... I use the eye cream and the strechmark cream- AWESOME.Like nothing EVER. My best friend had terrible strechmarks from her daughter, she look as though she was a burn victim- worse than any thing I have ever seen, used the cream and it tightened and took the marks away. After seeing that, I HAD to have the eye cream....Very Visible results!! We preach to each other in my family about it- My cousin jokes she put it in her hair and everywhere else that she can. It is worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY. Highly recommend it!!! Sephora sells it as well as Ulta- running price is around 135.00....
So cool! Thanks. . .I admit, I already purchased the eye cream but held off on the body cream. I've had two kids, so probably should have choosen the two package deal at the department store (both body and eye creams for $165), but I had also picked up the clinique cream that same day and didn't want to go overboard!

I'll be sure to try the cream EVERYWHERE. . .maybe it'll perk up my chest area
3.gif
lol!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2005 4:18:51 PM
Author: yellowfan
Hi Michelle:

I am using the MD Forte line and I also had botox injections and they did not hurt. I mainly got them in my hairline and eye areas to help with my headaches and so far so good. Insurance covers for the headaches so my co pay was very little. The only cosmetic portion I had done was the line between my eyes, I would get angry and a vein would pop up and I was sick of it! My parents and husband joke about the vein.

Lori
21.gif
I''m afraid of Botox! lol Two of my family members are both considering face lifts right now, so this is motivating me, even more so than ever, to take care of my skin. Don''t want to end up looking like Joan Rivers (lol!)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What is this product comprised of and what is it designed to do, MC? Is it new on the market? I recently sampled the Clinique Repairwear and liked it. But I am always searching for the "ultimate" product..........

cheers--Sharon

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharon,

Here's the skin store listing for the basic details (and I haven't done any additional research to find out more). http://www.skinstore.com/store/category.asp?catID=1621

The Clinique reapairwear is nice. The first night I used it, it felt a bit greasy (as compared to other products I've previously used) but since then, I've grown accustomed to it. I think the dry skin formula may have been a better choice as my face feels a bit tight in the morning.

Have you tried the Oil of Olay cream yet?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI MC:

No I haven''t tried that Oil of Olay product, but it is on my next list when I finish what I''ve got open. It was kind of ironic reading your post about the StriVectin, then going to the post office near by (in a Drug Store) and there was the very cream! I opened the box to read the product monograph, but there really wasn''t anything, except that it has AHA in it--and is designed to exoliate, cleanse and rehydrate. Maybe I''ll try it after the OOO. (OOO, is that like the AGS triple 0??)
Thanks for the link.

cheers--Sharon

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2005 3
6.gif
7:45 PM
Author: ammayernyc
This is my routine:

1. SkinCeuticals eye cream
2. SkinCeuticals C+E serum mixed with SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 gel
3. Laboratoire Remède Complete Treatment Anti-Aging/Stress Control (although it used to be called for Sensitive Skin)

This is my morning routine. I am guilty of not using sun screen, but the new tinted moisturizer I''ve been using has it in there. It''s from Chanel, I don''t remember the name.

At night, I just wash my face. I used to use toner afterwards, but now instead I just make sure my skin is really washed clear. No need to buy another expensive product if I can just use water. I used Creme de la Mer. I use it on my eyes too -- it''s super creamy and doesn''t irratate them.

These are all expensive products, but you don''t need to use a lot of them. I also think it''s worth the money if I don''t have to deal with wrinkles and sun spots later in life!
i just turned 24, but i have been pretty obsessive about SUNSCREEN on my face at all times since i was about 20. i do not step foot outside without sunscreen on my face. sunscreen and not smoking are probably the best ways to take care of your skin, preventing wrinkes and sun spots, not to mention cancer! that said, i do use some of the more inexpensive anti-wrinkle creams. mostly i use olay total effects- it does better than the more expensive stuff in studies. but i don''t have wrinkles yet, so i can''t really comment on how well it works! and during the day is use their 30 spf moisturizer.

and genetics are also huge too. no one believes my mother is old enough to have a med student daughter! so i think i''ll be good...
9.gif

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for starting this thread!

For the last couple of years I have been using Neutragena Health Skin Anti Wrinkle cream with sunscreen and retinol. I like it b/c it''s really light and not greasy but I''m afraid after reading this it may not be enough!

My birthday is at the end of the month and I''m freaking out about my age...which is a secret.
2.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2005 9:39:18 PM
Author: jellybean

afraid after reading this it may not be enough!
lol - tell me about it. Yesterday I bought two more creams because I''m paranoid that the seven or eight creams I''m using now aren''t enough
9.gif

Update on StriVectin eye cream - this product is VERY strong and ONLY can be used (at most) morning and evening - I tried to use this twice a day and Estee Lauder''s peptide cream along with and my under eye region became slightly irritated (LOL!).

I tried Dr. Perricone''s facial serum, which is another peptide formula, and this stuff is even stronger. My skin stung slightly and then felt warm for about an hour after application. BUT, this morning, my face was smoother than it''s been in years so the tingles were well worth. . .

this is what I tried out http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P71800

Michelle

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Not to change the subject a little...but along the lines of improving skin...well, I've hit rock bottom ladies and I'll tell you why. I'm SO dry and gross and my arms are never smooth, that I actaully started using SULPHUR SOAP with salicylic sp? acid.... That's right ladies. I smell like rotten eggs LOL...It's actaully intended for acne but I read up that it helps dry skin b/c it promotes exfoliation...so should smooth the skin I hope...

I also wanted to mention that I've started taking an EFA (essential fatty acids vitamin which is as big as a horse suppository
6.gif
) and the Olay total effects vitamins and I think I see a difference. The EFA will give you the fats you need and I bet it plumps up any wrinkle lines too b/c it gives your skin improved elasticity which is why we're getting wrinkles... Taking the EFA in conjunction with the Olay (which I compared and actaully has a lot of good stuff in there compared to regular brand vitamins) which has a good amount of vitamn A and E and the B complex....I should be rocking and rolling and a super model in no time....RIGHT?
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2005 10:41:53 AM
Author: moremoremore
Not to change the subject a little...but along the lines of improving skin...well, I've hit rock bottom ladies and I'll tell you why. I'm SO dry and gross and my arms are never smooth, that I actaully started using SULPHUR SOAP with salicylic sp? acid.... That's right ladies. I smell like rotten eggs LOL...It's actaully intended for acne but I read up that it helps dry skin b/c it promotes exfoliation...so should smooth the skin I hope...
Have you tried l'occitane shea products? I have dry skin and their shea soap and body cream (lotion?) have been THE FIRST to remedy this problem.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thanks MC, I'll give it a try but I'm not too hopeful...when I say dry, I don't mean dry...I mean that in the winter, I will actaully get painful raised red rashes .it's VERY dry...my problem is more internal than external...especially with the arms which is an inherited condition...but I'll give it a try! I've used other shea products but not L'Oc. I mean, even prescription cream doesn't work on me. Yikes. But what does work wonders is the sun !!! but who the hell wants skin cancer. Can't win, ya know? I am hopeful that the EFA works!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
mmm - Have you tried removing ALL dairy and eggs from your diet? One of my herbal books says this can alleviate skin problems/eczema for many people.

Sounds like you definetly have an interal problem - allergy of some sort. . .my friend had terrible red rashes for years and her face was always beet red and she finally discovered that the two culprits were corn and Sodium Lauryl Sulphate which are in nearly everything!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
mmm,
i don''t know about using salicylic acid, it is VERY drying. your skin would take longer to exofoliate using that rather than something like a scub brush. if your skin is that dry, you need to make sure and moisturize and drink plenty of water. besides, it sounds like you have eczema
39.gif
which can be very painful and not to mention, itchy... ouch! fortunately, it is very treatable. the problem can be either internal, external, or both. it sometimes is hard discovering the cause, but it is well worth the effort to try and figure it out. here are some great sites that you can check out:

www.livingwithitch.org/

www.nationaleczema.org

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! I''m not really itchy...thank god...well, in the winter I am...I feel like I"m being pinched to death when I wear tights LOL....

Well, I have been using my alfa(ph?)ahydroxy and taking my EFA pills and I have to tell you, I see and feel a difference in just 5 days!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad that your skin is feeling a bit better. If it''s just EFAs missing from your diet, you can add in (as an easy extra supplementation) omega-3 eggs. These cost about $4.00 for a carton, but they''re WELL worth the extra expense because they''ll provide additional nutrition that regular eggs don''t have.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
another culpert to watch out for is any form of EDTA. those of us with ''sensitive'' skin can''t afford to be too careful. i was so bad that i had allergy tests done. EDTA was one of the ones that i have had to eliminate. i read the labels on everything: canned foods, shampoo, mayonaise, you name it. i have to. it also shows up as disodium edatate [spelling?]. i''ve had doctors prescribe medications that i have to return because EDTA is in it....and this is after i tell them of my allergy! i go online and research any prescription i''m given to make sure to avoid the stuff. i''ve found that if i control everything i can, then i don''t have too much of a problem when it is unavoidable, like when eating out, etc.

peace, movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results