shape
carat
color
clarity

stray cat, HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
I saw a black cat with a blue collar yesterday. I paused, hesitated, and wonder if I should take it home, but DH is allergic to cats. When I was leaving work yesterday, I looked for that cat, thinking if I should take it home, but I didn''t see her. Then I see her again today. The collar is broken. I tried to approach her, she paused and alerted. I don''t know if I should take it home. How do I approach a cat? I am such a bad person to ask this. Do cats have diseases? How easily do they have rabies? I am torn... What should I do?

tabu

Shiny_Rock
Hmm, first I was going to say that cats tend to walk outside all the time, and then they always go back to their homes. But when you said you saw the cat again and the collar was broken, that is concerning. The best way I think to approach this cat is to let it come to you. Maybe sit on the ground or kneel and call to it nicely and see if it comes over to you. I wouldnt try to go to IT. Also, you would be able to tell if it had rabies, it would be acting very strangely. Let us know what you decide to do! I am such an animal lover that I would take it home an then call the park district in your area to see if anyone put in a call for a lost cat. Good luck!

Just remember, that is someones pet. Just because the cat got out does not mean the owner is a bad person- many things could have happened. Aside from that, and because I very recently went through something similar- cats can have fleas!! If not fleas-- eggs. If you do bring this animal into your home, secure it in ONE single room. Don''t let it roam. If you have the funds, I would bring it to a vet for a check up-- and perhaps the cat is microchipped. They can check.

I would look for the cats owner-- posters, flyers, post on craigslist if it is big in your area. If you cannot find the owner, perhaps see if anyone around you can adopt the cat. MANY shelters are booked right now, so that cat, if not adopted out, might be put down. It sucks. I know.

Oh, they can also have ear mites too :)

I wouldn''t worry about rabies though. I''ve never heard, or have seen rabid cats-- normally I belive you''d be able to tell.

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
I just went out with a box and can of sardin hoping to take the cat home. Don''t see the cat anymore. I will see if she would be there again tomorrow. Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results