shape
carat
color
clarity

Strange request... anyone have bust minimizing shapewear recs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm wearing my FMIL's dress for the Jewish ceremony in the evening
1.gif
. She was thrilled to have me wear it, it was so sweet
9.gif

It's a very grand affair - lots of lace and pearls, long sleeves, high collar. I'm a few inches taller than her, so sleeves and hem need to be taken out, which I was told wasn't a big deal, and the dress fits perfectly up my hips and stomach and ribs, but then it's just too small in the chest!

I think the dress style looks better on a flatter figure anyway, so... before I give in and have it altered, anyone have bra or shapewear recs to reduce one's boobs? I'm between an A and a B, so... yeah, the dress is pretty darn small up there!

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
I was trying to make my boobs less "obvious" and my company holiday party (C cup on size 2 frame, they're very "hello look at me!" lol). I had this fabulous cocktail dress but felt the chest area was just a little too much for work. So I bought the spanx tummy flatterer, and just pulled it up over my chest instead. It helped minimize them just enough so make me feel comfortable in the dress. I would give that a try.

BTW, do you have pic of the dress? Would love to see it!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I think it will be better to just get it altered, if you have her permission to do so. As someone who has been trying to hide her chest for years, minimizers just tend to flatten out or displace your breasts and give you and odd shape. In my opinion, this is far worse that looking a little busty. I would at least buy a minimizer and try it on with the dress and see if you like the look. Most clothing looks better on smaller chests, but that doesn''t necessarily mean it would look better on a flattened chest. Another thing to consider is that shapewear generally adds an 1", and your breasts wouldn''t actually be smaller, just distributed differently, so it may make the dress even more snug.

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 12:44:11 PM
Author: katamari
I think it will be better to just get it altered, if you have her permission to do so. As someone who has been trying to hide her chest for years, minimizers just tend to flatten out or displace your breasts and give you and odd shape. In my opinion, this is far worse that looking a little busty. I would at least buy a minimizer and try it on with the dress and see if you like the look. Most clothing looks better on smaller chests, but that doesn''t necessarily mean it would look better on a flattened chest. Another thing to consider is that shapewear generally adds an 1'', and your breasts wouldn''t actually be smaller, just distributed differently, so it may make the dress even more snug.
Second this completely. They will just look flattened and displaced weirdly. Not smaller.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 12:51:36 PM
Author: nkarma

Date: 1/28/2010 12:44:11 PM
Author: katamari
I think it will be better to just get it altered, if you have her permission to do so. As someone who has been trying to hide her chest for years, minimizers just tend to flatten out or displace your breasts and give you and odd shape. In my opinion, this is far worse that looking a little busty. I would at least buy a minimizer and try it on with the dress and see if you like the look. Most clothing looks better on smaller chests, but that doesn''t necessarily mean it would look better on a flattened chest. Another thing to consider is that shapewear generally adds an 1'', and your breasts wouldn''t actually be smaller, just distributed differently, so it may make the dress even more snug.
Second this completely. They will just look flattened and displaced weirdly. Not smaller.
Yep. Thritto.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried the shapewear recut - didn''t work so well
15.gif

I didn''t think about the extra material the shapewear itself would need. I have her blessings to resize/whatever needs to be done, so that''s not an issue - I was just thinking it might me nice to preserve it in its original form
1.gif

Thanks for the help, ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results