shape
carat
color
clarity

Storm-Worthy Asscher? More information....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just see the same pic as before and saw it enlarged. Where are the extra pics??
33.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
beside the pix there are links for "Photo collage #1" and "Photo collage #2" ... that''s where I saw more pix!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Deco, I''ll go take a look!!
1.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
still not my favorite look, but i think those photos are cool.
2.gif

what do you think tripsy?

Tripsy

Rough_Rock
It looks okay, but my eye is very untrained and I don''t have a lot to compare it to. I can see the asymmetry might throw off the squares being concentric. Just not sure. I''m in no hurry to get this stone so I can take my time with it.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you could always have it and possibly a few others sent to a local appraiser for viewing. did you try using the ''pricescope your diamond'' tool above to locate some other stones?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
some tilt in the photos but there better than the originals.
other than a little off square and the steps following suite its a very nice asscher of that style.
In The imagescope the diamond is badly tilted so its not very informative.
It wouldnt get my top grade because its slightly off square visibly with the resulting slighty off patterns.
but it would be a solid third grade maybe second.
If it were more square it would be 1st grade for that style.
Most asschers on the market are 6 or worse on my scale.
I think my bottom line is keep it in mind but shop around a little and contact some vendors if nothing better pops up its not that bad a diamond.

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
It's appears to be an awesome looking diamond.
I can tell you the particualr size of 1.42 is just about impossible to find.

I never judge a diamond by numbers- for example, if an Asscher type stone is not perfectly square, I don't hold that against it.
I've seen some awesome rectangular Asscher type diamonds as well.
In the case of measurements of 6.46 x 6.15mm it's going to be hard to tell which is the longer side without a Mm gauge.....In fact, GIA considers a stone to be, well, "Square"- even if others don't.

I don't think you will find a lot of other comperables out there- simply because diamonds between 1.35-1.49 are exceptionally rare.
BTW- the reason these sizes are rare is that the cutter could have easily left a little more on the stone and save .08carats. Sizes 1.50-1.99 are about 25% more than 1.00-1.49 on the Rap sheet.
The fact the cutter scarificed those eight points also means priority was given to quality of cut.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I know almost nothing about asschers, so this is a completely unbiased opinion, but I''m not in love with this stone. The extra facet makes it look too busy, almost like a Royal Asscher. I like the generic asschers that have less facets. I think especially in the second collage that the stone looks very busy. If I were looking for an asscher, I''d keep looking, but that''s just me.

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Extra Facet?????

What are you talking about?

I mean, if I missed something, I''d love to know what it is.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I'm a RB girl, and know LITTLE to NOTHING about asschers, (except I love them and hope to own one someday!)
2.gif
But my honest opinion is that I LIKE the way it looks. I find it very appealing. And I LOVE what David says above, about how the cutter took the high road and cut that stone for BEAUTY, not just SIZE. For that very reason, I am almost always partial to stones just shy of some benchmark size!

widget

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great...particularly if you''re an RA fan....isn''t it quite similar to an RA?

widget

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2006 11:08:37 PM
Author: diamondsbylauren
Extra Facet?????

I mean, if I missed something, I''d love to know what it is.

its a 3 crown - 4 pavilion steps asscher.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2006 11:20:16 PM
Author: widget
I think it looks great...particularly if you''re an RA fan....isn''t it quite similar to an RA?

widget

RA is 3-5 but it does have that look.
If it was square it would rock.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Extra Facet?????

I mean, if I missed something, I'd love to know what it is.

I'm sorry I have to go off topic for a moment.

You know, David, I'm sick to death of you cutting me down. Whenever you post, especially in the radiant threads, you make a point of bringing out my lack of knowledge. Well, I'm gettting pretty tired of it, and guess what, if you're trying to push me out of here, you may just have finally succeeded. There's been plenty of times when I've read your posts and my blood's been boiling at your responses to me. I've refrained from posting about it up to now, but I've just had enough. Since you're the expert, I guess I just won't bother posting anymore since I have nothing worthwhile to contribute, at least in your opinion.

Sorry, people, back to the regularly scheduled programming now.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2006 6:32:12 AM
Author: coda72

Extra Facet?????

I mean, if I missed something, I'd love to know what it is.

I'm sorry I have to go off topic for a moment.

You know, David, I'm sick to death of you cutting me down. Whenever you post, especially in the radiant threads, you make a point of bringing out my lack of knowledge. Well, I'm gettting pretty tired of it, and guess what, if you're trying to push me out of here, you may just have finally succeeded. There's been plenty of times when I've read your posts and my blood's been boiling at your responses to me. I've refrained from posting about it up to now, but I've just had enough. Since you're the expert, I guess I just won't bother posting anymore since I have nothing worthwhile to contribute, at least in your opinion.

Sorry, people, back to the regularly scheduled programming now.
Huh? I don't see where he "cut you down". David questioned the statement about extra facets and wanted to know what you were refering too, because apparently he didn't understand. If you feel that way about him, bring it up privately and not for the whole world to see. Does everyone here need to see your frustration with him? No.

I'm not talking about just you here, but I am tired of perfectly good threads going to hell because of one comment someone makes. I am trying to learn about things here, and in this case asschers. There was no reason for this to be to be brought up here.

I hope that this is the end of this particular discussion and no one elsle mentions it, and carries on with the asscher conversation. The original poster wants feedback and doesn't want or need this thread to turn into a pissing contest.

Just my .02 of course.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2006 10:16:22 AM
Author: orbaya

Huh? I don't see where he 'cut you down'. David questioned the statement about extra facets and wanted to know what you were refering too, because apparently he didn't understand. If you feel that way about him, bring it up privately and not for the whole world to see. Does everyone here need to see your frustration with him? No.
he understood perfectly what she was talking about and took the opportunity to take a jab at her publicly just because she didn't use the exact proper terminology. as coda mentioned, david is constantly at her in radiant threads inferring that she doesn't know what she is talking about. this was just another chance to take a cheap shot in public. i understand her frustration and her need to post publicly and she had every right to bring it up here...just as you felt you did. do i like seeing these threads go astray? no, but there are times when certain things need to be addressed and i'll be damned if i'm going to stand by and watch a fellow consumer getting shot at by a cocky vendor and then repremanded by someone who felt they should publicly tell them to take their business private.
38.gif

i'm looking forward to seeing what tripsy decides on the asscher.
2.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
ot:
I back coda72 and belle 110%
Im the only consumer vendors are allowed to take shots at and they get it right back. :}
back to topic.

Taking your time and checking multiple options when buying asschers is the right thing to do Tripsy.
Your on the right path.
There are a lot of different looks and styles out there plus high quality ones are hard to find so it pays to be patient that often means having vendors bring in diamonds for consideration because asschers arent widely stocked.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2006 10:42:26 AM
Author: belle

Date: 1/6/2006 10:16:22 AM

Huh? I don't see where he 'cut you down'. David questioned the statement about extra facets and wanted to know what you were refering too, because apparently he didn't understand. If you feel that way about him, bring it up privately and not for the whole world to see. Does everyone here need to see your frustration with him? No.
he understood perfectly what she was talking about and took the opportunity to take a jab at her publicly just because she didn't use the exact proper terminology. as coda mentioned, david is constantly at her in radiant threads inferring that she doesn't know what she is talking about. this was just another chance to take a cheap shot in public. i understand her frustration and her need to post publicly and she had every right to bring it up here...just as you felt you did. do i like seeing these threads go astray? no, but there are times when certain things need to be addressed and i'll be damned if i'm going to stand by and watch a fellow consumer getting shot at by a cocky vendor and then repremanded by someone who felt they should publicly tell them to take their business private.
38.gif

i'm looking forward to seeing what tripsy decides on the asscher.
2.gif
I apologize if I misunderstood the meaning behind David's post. But I stand my ground in that this type of stuff should not be brought up in the middle of a thread. If it should be done publicly, I would like to think that there is another way so that the orginal poster's questions don't get lost in this type of conversation. Perhaps not. I personally don't like to see personal issues between posters get in the way of helping someone out, but that's just me I suppose.

Coda, if I misunderstood what happened, I am sorry.

I will now take my own advice and not post about this anymore.

Let's help the OP find a "storm worthy asscher!"
30.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I agree it''s not a perfect stone, but for a generic asscher I think it''s really gorgeous. IMO, it''s well worth bringing in for evaluation. The table is small, the conveted pinwheel "look" is deep and mesmerizing, and the stone seems very bright. It''s certainly heads and shoulders above the vast majority of gen asschers out there.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2006 11:22:47 AM

I apologize if I misunderstood the meaning behind David's post. But I stand my ground in that this type of stuff should not be brought up in the middle of a thread. If it should be done publicly, I would like to think that there is another way so that the orginal poster's questions don't get lost in this type of conversation. Perhaps not. I personally don't like to see personal issues between posters get in the way of helping someone out, but that's just me I suppose.

Coda, if I misunderstood what happened, I am sorry.

I will now take my own advice and not post about this anymore.

Let's help the OP find a 'storm worthy asscher!'
30.gif
Look, I don't mean to sound harsh, but do you at all see the irony of telling someone else to find another way to address an issue when you yourself are using this very thread to do the thing you're telling her not to do?

If you really mean to take your own advice, wouldn't your message have had a lot more meaning if you'd have practiced what you preached and sent it via PM instead?
2.gif

Oh, and Tripsy....I agree with Hest.....for a *generic* type asscher, not bad at all!
1.gif

Tripsy

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your input. I agree this is a very nice stone. The asymmetry bothers me just a hair, though I don''t think I''d notice once it was set. It''s going to stay on my shortlist.

*Sigh* ...Unfortunately...part of me is just hankering for a Royal, and a bigger one at that to take full advantage of it. I''ve spotted a 1.96 ct one that is a good price (I think) because it''s J color. At first I dismissed it because of the J but the pictures really don''t show much color, and I don''t think a little warmth to the stone would bother me, knowing it''s a Royal especially of that size. There''s a whole thread on PS about J stones and most folks think they''re great, save for some purists who are just color sensitive. I''m going to have it sent to me so I can take a look at it. I will start another thread to post pics and specs to see what your opinions are, although, frankly, I''m a little hesitant to do so because my bubble may get burst!! But I do need to know if I''m being impulsive.

FWIW, RE the threadjacking deal...I''m finding the politics of the internet diamond world very amusing...let''s not take ourselves too seriously, okay? I mean, spend a day in India (I have, my husband''s from there) and you''ll realize that the luxuries we''re discussing and taking for granted are just unimaginable to so much of the world, not to mention a WHOLE lot of people right here in our own country. That''s not to take away from the legitmate feelings expressed by those involved, it''s just a thought, and I don''t mean to offend anyone or trivialize what they do. OK I''m off my soapbox now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results