shape
carat
color
clarity

store/brand apps are bad!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
They all do this to one extent or another even after getting caught before doing it.
The latest one to get busted was Tim Hortons in Canada!
"People who downloaded the Tim Hortons app had their movements tracked and recorded every few minutes of every day, even when their app was not open, in violation of Canadian privacy laws, a joint investigation by federal and provincial privacy authorities has found."

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does not surprise me
Lucky i deleted a store app on my phone just recently because it was hogging memory

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
don't you have to have your location services on for that to happen? I always keep mine off. Nevermind, I just reread, and yes, it did, but apparently fooled people to its use.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
don't you have to have your location services on for that to happen? I always keep mine off. Nevermind, I just reread, and yes, it did, but apparently fooled people to its use.
many of them pop up a warning that it needs location services to work and people click ok which turns it on then they dont know how to or forget to turn it off again. Some of them will pop up a warning every 5 min about it.
Other apps have been caught using the 911 emergency location service which runs all the time unless the phone is shut off.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results