shape
carat
color
clarity

stone shipping stress

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
I have shipped 3 stones in the last few weeks and get stressed every single time. Luckily as of today they have all arrived. Anyone else get stressed when shipping stones? I mean I know there is insurance but this doesn't comfort me knowing I would just hate to lose the stone at all. Anyone else relate?

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I literally feel sick and lose sleep every single time I ship a stone.

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
ALWAYS. Always. Even when the shipping service says it's arrived. I don't stop stressing until I get confirmation from the individual

same here! I always want them to email or text me when they have it in hand, otherwise I am afraid of any empty box arriving or something like that

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
I literally feel sick and lose sleep every single time I ship a stone.

So it is not just me? Hate you get stressed but glad to know I am not alone! The one that arrived today did not track for about 24 hours and I was beyond stressed.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve never shipped a stone for this reason. I know how stressed it would make me.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve done this ONE time and the stress nearly killed me lol!

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
So it is not just me? Hate you get stressed but glad to know I am not alone! The one that arrived today did not track for about 24 hours and I was beyond stressed.

Omg that would have stressed me out so much. When I shipped my sapphire to GIA I had my husband ship it out and told him to overnight it. Apparently he sent it out for delivery before 8am. GIA doesn’t even open until 8am. I absolutely lost it when I saw the delivery attempted but business was closed update.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
A few years ago I mailed the most expensive diamond I'd ever bought, an Asscher from Todd Gray, to Daniel M. in Mass. for setting. It took almost a month, it was lost in Milwaukee for over two weeks. In spite of having insured it, I almost lost my tiny little mind. My deepest sympathies to anyone in this situation.
Daniel M. held my hand the entire way, he was endlessly kind and reassuring. One big reason I have endless patience with his timing.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
True story. It used to stress me out a lot. Then we shipped one of our kids to the DRC (Congo) for field research with the warlords in the middle of an Ebola epidemic. After that, mailing a gem did not seem like a big deal at all. Or letting them drive the brand-new car or borrow the fancy anything, etc.

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
True story. It used to stress me out a lot. Then we shipped one of our kids to the DRC (Congo) for field research with the warlords in the middle of an Ebola epidemic. After that, mailing a gem did not seem like a big deal at all. Or letting them drive the brand-new car or borrow the fancy anything, etc.

That would be perspective for sure!

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
A few years ago I mailed the most expensive diamond I'd ever bought, an Asscher from Todd Gray, to Daniel M. in Mass. for setting. It took almost a month, it was lost in Milwaukee for over two weeks. In spite of having insured it, I almost lost my tiny little mind. My deepest sympathies to anyone in this situation.
Daniel M. held my hand the entire way, he was endlessly kind and reassuring. One big reason I have endless patience with his timing.

I’ve been so fortunate that nothing like this has happened to me I’m sure I’d unravel. Glad it turned out ok for you

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Omg that would have stressed me out so much. When I shipped my sapphire to GIA I had my husband ship it out and told him to overnight it. Apparently he sent it out for delivery before 8am. GIA doesn’t even open until 8am. I absolutely lost it when I saw the delivery attempted but business was closed update.

That would have stressed me too glad it worked out ok for you!

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
I stress out shipping anything.
Its why I stopped selling things on computer forums many years ago.

I have never sold online but I don’t blame you, seems like package theft keeps getting worse

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve never shipped a stone for this reason. I know how stressed it would make me.

I was like this for years but the only setting I could really settle on for my diamond was CvB so I ended up shipping it and just went from there. Now I’ve shipped multiple times and I’ve been really lucky.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Been there, done that many times.

If the stone(s) is sentimental or of huge value, then I would use a bench in UK than to risk it being lost by shipping it to the bench I use in China.

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results