shape
carat
color
clarity

Stone picked, ...now for the setting... opinions sought...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KevinK

Rough_Rock
The journey continues : )

...and before I go any further, ...I''d like to offer a huge THANK YOU! to this forum and those who have replied to my prior questions. This site is truely a blessing for us ''rough rocks''
1.gif
in need, ...Thanks so much...

Anyway,...

This is the stone I selected:
https://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-1879190.htm

...this is a setting I like, (but I may not be able to purchase this exact one)
http://www.heartsonfire.com/JewelryDet.aspx?fr=T&type=6&collID=SERENITY&coll=Serenity&startrow=0&img=Ser1R

Denise at WF has really been very helpful (and patient) with all my questions about the stone and I''m about to make the purchase. With the setting however I''m a little hesitant for a couple reasons. First, ...getting the ring SIZE correct, ...and second, I like the idea of having purchased the jewelry at a local shop. If it ever has to go back, ...it''s right here in the neighborhood. (This local shop (Roosa Jewelers) has been in the area as a family run business for over 80 years). I haven''t purchased from them before, ...however I have heard very positive things about them.)
I did call them and they are willing to set the stone in a setting I purchase from them.

Since they are not an HOF dealer (at least I don''t think they are) does anyone know of a setting similar to what I have linked (above) that I could possibly purchase through the local jeweler.

...also (in light of wanting to give my GF the ring for Christmas) would it be ''foolish'' to purchase an inexpensive setting (let''s say from WF), ...just in case I can''t find a setting I like by then? (ie. is it a ''problem'' for the jeweler to unmount, ...then mount a stone, ...as compared to getting a loose stone to mount? (I would think not, ...but I''m new to this...)

Thanks AGAIN
2.gif
...for all your help...

Kevin

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
unless you''re 100% sure that''s the setting she wants I''d actually suggest getting a cheapy setting from WF to propose and then you can go together to pick out the real setting and make sure it''s the right size..

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Whiteflash carries one that reminds me of the Hearts on Fire setting you like. It''s called the Surprise Diamond by Le setting.

surprise_diamond_le.jpg

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
If you want to get something from a local store, there is a setting called a contour setting that is similar, but not exactly like the Hearts on Fire one. I took this picture from the Whiteflash web site. I have this setting except with 4 prongs instead of 6.

contour_setting.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2005 1:36:03 PM
Author:KevinK

would it be ''foolish'' to purchase an inexpensive setting (let''s say from WF)
On the contrary... it sounds great and you will surely not be the first to do so. That is precisely why ''temporary settings'' have been invented (i.e. relatively inexpensive ones). Some even end up being permanent settings because the simple styles have some appeal and the rings are nicely finished anyway just to display the stone properly.

There is no problem to have the stone reset - it is often done.

And she may like to choose her own setting anyway.

My usual 0.2
1.gif

KevinK

Rough_Rock
...Thanks (again) for the replies (and reassurance
1.gif
)

Pebbles, ...Both those settings you pictured look very interesting, ...I need to look further to see if WF carries them in yellow gold (which I failed to mention I''m looking for).

Kevin

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
My basic contour setting that a got from a local B&M store is from Stuller and it is available in yellow gold.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Would something like this work for you?
/images/site/g_lostF.jpg

KevinK

Rough_Rock
...Pebbles, ...thanks for the tip on Stullers
...Matador, ...do you know who makes the setting you posted?

Thanks,
Kevin

KevinK

Rough_Rock
oops ...just realized you ''linked'' to the WF page for that one...
1.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Are you pretty sure your girl likes yellow gold for the e-ring? Most people have a strong preference one way or the other. Some people prefer a white metal to complement the diamond (even if their other jewelry is yg)...
If you do go with the temp setting, of course, doesn''t really matter!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results