shape
carat
color
clarity

Stone getting Damaged during setting -- SHOULD I BE WORRIED?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lb12756

Rough_Rock
I posted this in another but figured I might start a new thread to get some comments

Ok I have a diamond pick out and on reserve with WF..

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=AGS-5949906#

It is SI2 but I feel real good about Brian @ WF opinion about the stone being truly eye clean.. People seem to really put him on a pedastal on the forums. So through all of the help I''m gotten here I trust his opinion, plus I can always send it back if I feel its not up to par

Anyway.. As far as settings go...I''m planning on having it set in white gold with Baguettes on the side. Similar to the following. I want it to be fairly thin.

setting 1

setting 2

However I would prefer to go on a hands on search for the setting as I find it sort of difficult make a setting decision online.

Assuming that I''m pleased with the diamond when I get it.. Should I be concerned with something happening
to it while being set (damagage/chip stone)... What if anything can
I/should I do to ensure I''m protected in that sense.. In other words if I were to give it to hefez in boston (which is going to be my first stop as I have been there with a friend and he had a great experience doing the same) or whoever to setit in the perfect ring that I''m gonna find and by some odd occurance that someone cracks it (I know its really unlikely)
but anyway.. How can I be sure that I''m not held responsible...

Is there a certain type of insurance I can obtain for the loose stone while it is being set...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
No there is nothing you can do in case it happens. Insurance companies do not insure loose stones against setting damages...

You have to trust your setter....personally I prefer to have the person I''m buying the diamond from set the stone even if it''s not into their own setting, what costs more, the diamond or the setting? I''d be happier with someone who sold me the stone setting their diamond.

But that said, no I do not think you should overly worry...the chances of it happening are very slim.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/1/2005 4:06:08 PM
Author: Mara
You have to trust your setter....personally I prefer to have the person I''m buying the diamond from set the stone even if it''s not into their own setting, what costs more, the diamond or the setting? I''d be happier with someone who sold me the stone setting their diamond.

I agee with Mara here....I bought my setiing elsewhere, but had the jeweler I bought the diamond from set it...I felt more comfortable knowing that I spent so much money here that he would be careful with my stone and my setiing...I had no regrets!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results