shape
carat
color
clarity

Stone finally set - new aquamarine pendant

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not been at the forum for quite a while. (Lurking, though, browsing through pre-loved jewelry). In the meantime, several projects have materialized, and I would like to share with you this item. Different elements of it were sourced out from different vendors. It now seems that the original idea was to replicate one of Princess Diana's chokers. Like many others, I admire Princess Diana, not as the royalty, but as the woman with enormous capacity for personal growth and empathy.

So initially, I sourced out three strings of blue Akoya pearls, planning to pair them with a red spinel pear. But almost at the same time, I came across a 6-ct aquamarine that I purchased through Rioux Rocks. It might be my only aquamarine, the stones of my favorite color being almost mined out, and the decision to dress the stone nicely prompted use of the pearls for the aqua.

Joseph Jewelry was the company that made it. The concept was mine, nothing new, channel-set diamonds and sapphires, which I saw in several antique pieces. JJ's implementation was nice and clean (It mostly fell on Christmas season, which is not the best time, but there were no horrible delays, and the communication was good).

aqua2a.jpg

aqua3a.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Finally set and very happy - new aquamarine pendant

This is the head of the choker. No neck pictures yet.

Pearls were never my thing, but it would appear to me now that the concept of pairing them with gems is never old. Also, while browsing through sources, I saw so many different colors, purple, which could work well with amethysts or purple garnets, or bi-color which might be paired with Mahenge garnets. Pearls seem to require more care than I am prepared to give them, but at the same time, pearl pieces are truly timeless. Thank you for viewing.

aqua4a.jpg

aqua7ab.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
That is gorgeous! Do you have a close up of the aqua in its setting?

EDIT: You beat my post to it! Looks amazing.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is gorgeous!!!! Congrats, I'm not sure if you feel comfortable doing it but I'd love to see a neck shot (even if you cut your face out)...... & if you don't mind me asking is the cat in your Avatar a Burmese? He/she is the spitting image of our Burmese blue boy with golden eyes and a look of indifference usually on his face :D

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is stunning! :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ark,
As always, I envy your gorgeous collection and this one is no different! Oh my goodness, the classiness, the colour, the design, the everything is just perfect. :love: Welcome back and although I do not foresee anymore trips down to your area, I do hope we can meet up again one day.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, tasteful, and very elegant! :love:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No.freaking.WAY!!!!!!

OMG, that is GORGEOUS!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: Instant Heirloom!

I love pearls. A wipe down after wearing and put away in a soft box and they should be fine. Of course most of my strands are fresh water except the SS strand I have (and never seem to wear!! :shock: )

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, as usual! Nice to see you back! :)

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! :love: :appl:

Q

Queenie60

beautiful and classic!! Enjoy. :love: :love:

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
:love: very elegant! I love it!

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
What a stunning piece! So timeless and beautiful! Congrats!!

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This necklace is beyond gorgeous! Please, please may we have neck shots ? This is such a classic piece.

I have a question, are blue Akoya pearls natural or have they been dyed? Pearls are my first love in gemstones but I will admit to only having a pretty basic knowledge of them.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous piece, thanks for sharing!

DK :love: :love: :love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, this is gorgeous! Definitely an heirloom piece. Congrats!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ark: it is beyond gorgeous! I too want neck shots. So lovely. It reminds me of Sarahbear's pearl bracelet - remember that? Only hers didn't have the gorgeous halo of sapphires.

Oh, and happy to see you've come "home!"

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pregcurious - thank you!

Arkieb1 - thank you! I shall try to take neck photos during the weekend, with better light and perhaps a better camera.
Regarding the cat - it is a British Blue, perhaps a mix, but a pretty one and with a great personality. I love grey cats.

Chatoyancy - thank you!

Chrono - thank you for your kind words! You know how I always admired your eye for color and your taste, and hence your kind words are greatly valued. And I sincerely hope that we shall meet again.

Pinkjewel - thank you!

Arcadian - thank you! Thank you for your advice. The old pearls that I used to have, while vintage, were of poor quality, and I never knew it. This is why I considered myself "not a pearl" person. What fascinates me now is the variety that is available on the market.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NKTOB - thank you for your kind words of welcoming!

ElizabethR - thank you!

Queenie60 - thank you for your nice wishes!

Keeliamira - thank you! Beautiful avatar.

Aac2013 - thank you!

Indigoblue - thank you! Wonderful blue stone in your avatar.

Poodles4me - thank you! The pearls are natural, they have been initially sourced out for another. They are slightly bluish-grey, but in combination with blue aquamarine and sapphires they look bluer. The jeweler initially advised me to use warmer pearl tones, but I already had these, and I am happy with the result.

Dk168 - thank you!

Lovedogs - thank you!

Minousbijoux - than you so much for your kind compliments! (I think) I remember some other things from Sarahbear, didn't she have something totally gorgeous with an emerald?

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:clap: :clap: *slow clap* THAT is one instant classic piece of jewelry. The blue akoyas are beautiful and lustrous. I'm guessing they might be Vietnamese blue akoya??

The overall effect of the necklace is fabulous!! Wear it in good health . :love: :love:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's fit for royalty!! Love it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shhhhh, don't tell anyone, but I love yours more than Diana's. I think it was a bracelet she had that's very reminiscent of your gorgeous choker. Camilla also has an emerald choker that is similar.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely! Thanks for sharing!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thank you for sharing. Amazing and elegant jewellery--as usual. :love: :appl:

cheers--Sharon

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mochiko42 - thank you! I do not know whether they are Vietnamese or not. It will take me some time to educate myself about pearls now.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1485564147|4120898 said:
Shhhhh, don't tell anyone, but I love yours more than Diana's. I think it was a bracelet she had that's very reminiscent of your gorgeous choker. Camilla also has an emerald choker that is similar.

Thank you, TL. It took me a while to realize that Diana's choker with pearls had a sapphire inside. Camilla has gorgeous emerald choker. British royalty has amazing jewelry. Which, historically, they fully deserved.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seaglow - thank you!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1485573222|4120948 said:
HI:

Thank you for sharing. Amazing and elegant jewellery--as usual. :love: :appl:

cheers--Sharon

Thank you, Canuk-gal. Taste can be developed, and Pricescope helped me a lot.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh British Blues have a rounder face than Burmese but yours is the spitting image in your avatar of my bad boy..... mine is bluer grey IRL than in this photo and he has golden eyes as well....

img_14726.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results