shape
carat
color
clarity

Stolen motorcycle! How to cheer him up?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
SO woke up this morning to find that his motorcycle had been stolen!
39.gif
He had it for less than a year, but that thing was his baby, and we would always ride together when I visit. The bike was insured, so he will recover most of the cost of the bike, but in the mean time, does anyone have any suggestions for ways to cheer up a boyfriend, across 300 miles?
33.gif
(I won''t see him until 4th of July weekend...)

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww thats such a bummer. Poor guy.
38.gif
I say send him some hot photos of... motorcycles. Maybe some motorcycle mags? A video game where you are riding a motorcycle to tide him over perhaps-if he's into that sort of thing.

female half 2Artists

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe he needs more of a mourning period though?

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2008 8:47:52 PM
Author: 2Artists
Awwww thats such a bummer. Poor guy.
38.gif
I say send him some hot photos of... motorcycles. Maybe some motorcycle mags? A video game where you are riding a motorcycle to tide him over perhaps-if he''s into that sort of thing.

female half 2Artists

Lol, agreed about the mourning period...

He''d probably like "tasteful" photos of me on a bike
31.gif
, but I don''t know anyone with one, and I can''t say that he would appreciate me taking pictures on random people''s bikes.... also, can''t think of who would take the photos... argh.... too complicated!

*heads back to drawing board*

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
LOL too funny about the random bikes. I''m such a design nerd that I love great photos of gorgeous classic cars and bikes. I love going to classic car and bike showrooms, shows and museums. I buy nada of course but the people there are always still really nice even thought they know we are not buying anything just looking at them like museum stuff. Fun to talk with experts too. So sorry again.

female half 2Artists

krispi

Shiny_Rock
Trillionaire, that''s horrible! The same thing happened to my BF last year, and his bike was less than a year old as well.

I will say that in his case, the only thing that made him feel a little better was when he found out that the guy who stole it crashed while driving it over 90 mph around a big turn with no helmet on and was injured very badly - kind of like karma getting him. But that''s just how my BF is - he''s an ex cop, and he feels very strongly about justice being served. It''s odd, but it brings him joy to see bad guys getting carted off to jail. I''m sure your SO has filed a police report, but perhaps he can contact the police department every now and then and ask for updates on the case? He might feel a little better if he knows the person who took it was caught.

Anyway, I would say that for now, it''s probably best if you try to take his mind off of what happened. Maybe even just send him a little note that you''re thinking about him and can''t wait to see him and other mushy stuff, but don''t mention the bike at all. If he decides to get another one when the insurance money comes in, maybe you can help him research or find a good deal?

In my BF''s case, he decided not to get another one until he had a more secure place to store it so that it wouldn''t get stolen again. It was a touchy subject for a while, and even though it''s been a year, he still gets sad when he sees a bike like his.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2008 10:07:21 AM
Author: krispi
Trillionaire, that''s horrible! The same thing happened to my BF last year, and his bike was less than a year old as well.

I will say that in his case, the only thing that made him feel a little better was when he found out that the guy who stole it crashed while driving it over 90 mph around a big turn with no helmet on and was injured very badly - kind of like karma getting him. But that''s just how my BF is - he''s an ex cop, and he feels very strongly about justice being served. It''s odd, but it brings him joy to see bad guys getting carted off to jail. I''m sure your SO has filed a police report, but perhaps he can contact the police department every now and then and ask for updates on the case? He might feel a little better if he knows the person who took it was caught.

Anyway, I would say that for now, it''s probably best if you try to take his mind off of what happened. Maybe even just send him a little note that you''re thinking about him and can''t wait to see him and other mushy stuff, but don''t mention the bike at all. If he decides to get another one when the insurance money comes in, maybe you can help him research or find a good deal?

In my BF''s case, he decided not to get another one until he had a more secure place to store it so that it wouldn''t get stolen again. It was a touchy subject for a while, and even though it''s been a year, he still gets sad when he sees a bike like his.

Yeah, SO''s still trying to decide whether to get another bike or not. His parents were telling him not to, and put the money towards school loans, but he gets so much joy from riding, I really have been encouraging him to just think it all over for a while. He''s not an extravagant guy, but it''s one thing that he really loves. I think if he gets another one, he will get Lo-jack for it, so that if anything happens, it can be tracked. He was always paranoid that his bike might be stolen (he is a worrier by nature), so I am really devastated that it actually happened!
32.gif
I really couldn''t believe it. I think he''s going to test drive some bikes this weekend, so that might cheer him up.

Thanks for your post, it''s good to feel like he''s not alone in this. Personal violations are so horrid.

krispi

Shiny_Rock
I understand the feeling of being violated - I was actually scared to be around BF''s apartment much right after it happened, and he alerted all his neighbors so they could watch out for themselves as well.

One of the worst things for my BF after it happened is that a lot of his family members had an I told you so kind of attitude about keeping his bike at his apartment. He was already upset enough - that certainly didn''t help. And it''s never a good feeling that you can''t keep your personal belongings at your home without someone messing with them.

I hope your SO feels better soon!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results