shape
carat
color
clarity

stock shank, custom head? possible??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

effie

Rough_Rock
How would I go about purchasing a stock shank and having a bezel setting stuck onto it? I know nothing about what goes into making a peice of jewelry so I have a couple of questions here...

- would i need to purchase a shank that already has, say, a prong setting on it? and can a jeweler pop off the existing setting and put on the new one? (honestly- i prefer prong settings, but i think i''d have to have a custom head made anyway, because i''m dealing with a pear...and i think i''d better go with the bezel b/c it''s an inherited stone with a few nicks and chips near the girdle on each side...i have a few questions about the chips, but i''ll start another post for that)

-is it possible to buy a shank without the head? (see i really don''t know anything!)

-And one more issue: I assume that in any case, some soldering or "un-soldering" would have to be done...i''m looking specifically for a pave ring like this one from James Allen..would i have to worry about heat damaging the tiny diamonds? given my chosen setting, would it be wiser just have maybe whiteflash do it up from scratch?

i''ll just blame my mother
2.gif
: if only she had been nicer to her diamond, i could just buy the james allen setting as is, since they seem to be able to accommodate a pear in a prong setting!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s possible to buy a separate shank and head, yes, though Im not quite sure with bezels.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results