shape
carat
color
clarity

Still working on setting my star

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I''ve still been working on saving funds to do this baby justice. I just received my 2010 calendar from James Meyer and think I have a new #1 contender. What do you think?

skybluestaruppy.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I would do it in yellow gold, as shown, even though most folks would go white with this color of stone.

JamesMeyer1373.JPG

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
ohhhh Uppy! That would be gorgeous!! Did you decide to not do a cigar band then? I''m so excited to finally see this puppy set!

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
I think having JM set that stone is genius. Hehe, I''ve ogled that particular ring on his website before, but really I don''t think you could go wrong with any of his settings!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you will have a fabulous ring! You are so lucky to have such a nice star sapphire. I can''t wait to see your project completed.
face1.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
18.gif
30.gif
I love that star sapphire. The setting choice is fantastic!
36.gif

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is going to be awesome in that setting. Actually, I think I would prefer the contrast of yellow too because I''m worried the base colour of the sapphire will blend in too much with a white metal.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2009 3:10:55 PM
Author: Chrono
It is going to be awesome in that setting. Actually, I think I would prefer the contrast of yellow too because I''m worried the base colour of the sapphire will blend in too much with a white metal.
My reasoning too. I think a white metal would cause the stone to look too gray. The yellow gold should allow the blue to shine!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would look amazing.

shinyrocks

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ooooooo. I think that would be gorgeous! I love the simplicity of JMs work - it is so fluid. That star is amazing too! I somehow missed it''s unveiling, but congrats nonetheless.
36.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I think it would look beautiful. I love the color of your star! Where did you find it?

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful, and I think it would look great in that setting in yellow gold as it may blend more with the white metal.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I''m definite on having James do my setting, but now trying to finalize the design choice. These are the three contenders. The only change I''d make is have the stone set N/S instead of E/W in the first design. James pieces are much more delicate IRL than they look in pictures. Does anyone have comments?

JamesMeyerSettingConsiderations.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the one in the middle with the leaf; it has a nice organic and feminine feel to it. I think the first picture is really suited to the EW design. Once you orientate it NS, the proportions change which affects the overall look.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the middle leaf one for n/s.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooo and I like this''n too cab ring

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Well, my stone it on its way to Jim. I''m going to speak to him when it arrives on his recommendation for the design, given how fat her belly is.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve got a thing for leaves so I may not be much help there.
2.gif

-A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results