shape
carat
color
clarity

STD for post-wedding party

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
We''re getting married in January in a small family-only wedding (~10 people total). Then we''re having a reception/party about 2 months later with the larger family and friends. We''re in the process of booking that now, and once we do, I''d like to go ahead and get the word out to the people I know I''d like to invite to that. I mainly want to do this ASAP because there are a lot of people who don''t even know about the wedding itself, and it''s hard to spread the word to so many different people. So I''d like to just get this out so they do know what''s happening and that I do want them to celebrate with us, if they happen to hear through the grapevine about the ceremony itself. I''m thinking about doing this as a postcard STD, either with a picture and wording all on the front (only address on the back), or just a photo on the front (then all info and writing on the back).

So I wanted to put some wording out there and see what you guys think. The first part is what I''m having the hardest time with, and I don''t think I like it how it is now... I wanted to convey that there will be a ceremony, but I didn''t want to give all the specifics. Maybe I should take out the mountains part? Don''t be afraid to tell me if it sounds dorky.
2.gif
I also don''t know whether to call it a reception or party.

Sarah Lastname & Jason Lastname
will be married in a small ceremony
in the mountains in January

Please Save the Date
for a reception to
celebrate their marriage

DATE
North Carolina Aquarium
Pine Knoll Shores, NC

Invitation to follow

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d take out "in the mountains".

I think what you said is fine, or you could say:

Please Save the Date
for a celebration
in honor of their marriage

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 5:39:01 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I''d take out ''in the mountains''.

Please Save the Date
for a celebration
I like it this way...celebration in honor of their marriage.

If you leave the mountains part in, I would say the specific name...like "in the Sierra Nevada Mountains" or "in the Mountains of Lake Tahoe" or something.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 5:39:01 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I'd take out 'in the mountains'.

Please Save the Date
for a celebration
Ooo I like this - thanks DS!!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 6:43:47 PM
Author: Rock_of_Love

If you leave the mountains part in, I would say the specific name...like 'in the Sierra Nevada Mountains' or 'in the Mountains of Lake Tahoe' or something.
Thanks for chiming in ROL! It's in Asheville, NC, which is the Appalachian Mountiains (or Blue Ridge, or Smokies). Haha I guess I could put that in there, but it doesn't sound as majestic as those you named, haha! Maybe I'll take that part out, we'll see.

ETA - I actually got curious, so I looked all that up - the Appalachian Mountains is the name for the entire range on this side of the country. The Smoky Mountain Range is a subset of the Appalachians. And the Blue Ridge Mountains are a "province" of the Appalachian, and their geographic definition actually encompasses the Smoky Mountain Range. So I could call Asheville as either part of the Blue Ridge Mountains, or the Appalachain Mountains, for a more general term. Haha, betcha wanted to know all THAT, huh?
3.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/25/2009 10:04:42 AM
Author: luvthemstrawberries

If you leave the mountains part in, I would say the specific name...like ''in the Sierra Nevada Mountains'' or ''in the Mountains of Lake Tahoe'' or something.
Thanks for chiming in ROL! It''s in Asheville, NC, which is the Appalachian Mountiains (or Blue Ridge, or Smokies). Haha I guess I could put that in there, but it doesn''t sound as majestic as those you named, haha! Maybe I''ll take that part out, we''ll see.

ETA - I actually got curious, so I looked all that up - the Appalachian Mountains is the name for the entire range on this side of the country. The Smoky Mountain Range is a subset of the Appalachians. And the Blue Ridge Mountains are a ''province'' of the Appalachian, and their geographic definition actually encompasses the Smoky Mountain Range. So I could call Asheville as either part of the Blue Ridge Mountains, or the Appalachain Mountains, for a more general term. Haha, betcha wanted to know all THAT, huh?
3.gif
I think it would sound really nice if you said either "in the Appalachain Mountains" or "in the Blue Ridge Mountains"...those DO sound magestic!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I also love the idea of including the name of the mountains. In fact, the layout I am currently envisioning has a beautiful skyline photo of the mountains on the front (with text stating that you will be married there in January) and the save the date info on the back. This is actually the best text I have seen so far to skirt around the not-inviting-guests-to-the-ceremony situation.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2009 12:01:51 PM

Date: 9/25/2009 10:04:42 AM
Author: luvthemstrawberries

If you leave the mountains part in, I would say the specific name...like ''in the Sierra Nevada Mountains'' or ''in the Mountains of Lake Tahoe'' or something.
Thanks for chiming in ROL! It''s in Asheville, NC, which is the Appalachian Mountiains (or Blue Ridge, or Smokies). Haha I guess I could put that in there, but it doesn''t sound as majestic as those you named, haha! Maybe I''ll take that part out, we''ll see.

ETA - I actually got curious, so I looked all that up - the Appalachian Mountains is the name for the entire range on this side of the country. The Smoky Mountain Range is a subset of the Appalachians. And the Blue Ridge Mountains are a ''province'' of the Appalachian, and their geographic definition actually encompasses the Smoky Mountain Range. So I could call Asheville as either part of the Blue Ridge Mountains, or the Appalachain Mountains, for a more general term. Haha, betcha wanted to know all THAT, huh?
3.gif
I think it would sound really nice if you said either ''in the Appalachain Mountains'' or ''in the Blue Ridge Mountains''...those DO sound magestic!
Haha, thanks ROL! I appreciate you chiming back in.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2009 2:38:23 PM
Author: katamari
I also love the idea of including the name of the mountains. In fact, the layout I am currently envisioning has a beautiful skyline photo of the mountains on the front (with text stating that you will be married there in January) and the save the date info on the back. This is actually the best text I have seen so far to skirt around the not-inviting-guests-to-the-ceremony situation.
Wow, thanks katamari! Haha I didn't know it'd be that good! I've actually been thinking about it for a while. The party is going to be at the coast, so I was thinking about the photo on the front of the postcard being something beach-like. But how cool would it be if I could somehow do a split-photo, or a photo on the front and a photo on the back - one of the mountains, and one of the beach - and lay out the text with each one? Hmm...

Did you do STDs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results