shape
carat
color
clarity

State schools vs privates

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am with Tacori E-Ring--I think the name of a school is only important for recent graduates, or those who are attending extremely elite institutions and competing for extremely competitive/prestigious positions.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for sharing your insight. Since my DD madeup her mind, I thought I would share. She was debating between Univ of chicago, Northeastern, the local state school with the free ride (dont want to name it since I disclosed proximity to my house). Things worked out BC in late March she was admitted to UC Berkeley, which was her first choice in the first place, but the last to post admission results. So I will be an empty nester this fall. Even though it will not be a free ride, the price is a compromise between free and private, and will afford her the college experience while attaining a first rate education.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nala,

Congratulations to your daughter for getting into such a wonderful school. I wish her every success.

Annette

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nala,

Yes, big congratulations to your daughter! UC Berkeley is such a wonderful institution.

I'm a Chicagoan, and my top dream schools were U of C and Berkeley, but neither offered me any money so I went to U of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign as a James Scholar instead.

I wish your daughter all the best. I imagine she is going to have a phenomenal experience at Berkeley. Oh, am I jealous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results