shape
carat
color
clarity

Starting over...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2006 12:08:22 AM
Author: dtnyc
I saw a pair of Mootsie Tootsie shoes listed- Cute! & I know they are comfy. I know you are trying to be kind on the wallet, but try to be kind to the feet as well. Keep in mind is that some cheap shoes are really rough on the feet and your girls are probably going to be in the shoes for min. 6 hours. I don't know about you- but I hate it when people are barefoot on the dance floor- get shoes that fit everyone comfortably, and if you can keep it under $50 you did a good job.

Also if the shoes are uncomfortabe/give blisters, they won't be worn again- I would rather pay a little more for shoes I'd wear again than pay $30 for shoes I am only going to wear for 1 night and will shred my feet & force me to wear tennis shoes for the following week.

I just chose my BM dresses and I think I am going to tell the girls to buy whatever strappy gold heel they want- gold shoes basically disappear in photos. You could even give them style guide lines- like a 'barbie style' open toe shoe so you could still do the bow, which will look great w/ your dresses.

I am impressed by your flower arranging ability!

Thanks! I saved tons of money by doing the flowers myself. (It'll only cost me about 250 dollars total to do all my flowers!) My bridesmaids like their bouquets so much they said I should try and start a business. I don't have the time, nor the patience for it (and I don't think they're THAT good) but I appreciated the compliments.

Actually, they'll only be wearing those shoes as long as they want to. I plan on giving them cute flip-flops to wear at the reception if they want, as part of their gift.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
ap - the second picture of the bouquet shows the ribbon color much better. I think it''s fine, but if you want to be 100% sure that you like the two colors together, you can just put the bouquet next to the dresses when you/your BM get them.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so NOT a photographer! I need to practice more. I have barely touched this camera since I got it. My wedding photographer offered to show me a few things on it sometime, so I'm going to have to see him about that soon. I love photography, but I sure do suck at it!
emsmilep.gif

Qtiekiki: I plan on doing that once the dresses arrive. My maid of honor said I can borrow hers to take to the tux place, and match with the vests. I think the dresses are supposed to come in around the middle of February.

Also, a couple of bridesmaids did say that they would like different colored bows so they can wear them again. So they actually like them enough that they plan on wearing them in the future. The shoes from amazon that look like the Davids Bridal shoes come with 13 different color bows, I believe.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Hey! Quick thought on the shoes. I think they''re super cute, especially the pair w/ the rhinestones in them, but have you ever worn plastic shoes like that? I tried on a pair a while ago & found that the plastic steamed up almost immediately & started sticking to my feet. I found them very uncomfortable, but maybe that''s just me...
14.gif

I absolutely adore the BM dress you chose!
30.gif

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
i agree i had a pair of shoes similar to those, my feet because sticky as well and were not comfortable after about 1 hour. just my 2 cents.. even thought it is a cute idea!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I know this is going to sound strange- but Frederick's of Hollywood has some inexpensive strappy sandals, a fair amount under the $30/40 mark.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
aphisi...I didn''t read the posts (LOL)...but just wanted to throw out there... in case it wasn''t meantioned above, you can always contact Leonid and ask to have those threads locked.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2006 9:09:04 PM
Author: dtnyc
I know this is going to sound strange- but Frederick''s of Hollywood has some inexpensive strappy sandals, a fair amount under the $30/40 mark.
Ha ha, that''s not strange at all! Half my wardrobe comes from FOH! I''m just looking for clear shoes in particular and they don''t have many. Thanks for the suggestion!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
They do have some in the close-out section- some were 11.99, but I couldn''t get the link up for it- you need to look under the close-outs.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I know, I looked there. They don''t have many styles and they don''t have the sizes I need. I have girls ranging from a size 6.5 to a 10. I looked at the sizes they have and they don''t have half-sizes, nor all the sizes I need. The 11.99 ones would''ve been perfect too.... I''m still hunting!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE THAT DRESS!!!!!! It''s just adorable. I really have nothing helpful to offer re: shoes, but the dress is a real winner regardless of what they wear on their tootsies!

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Poop Poop POOP!!! I just picked up one of my bridesmaids'' dresses and it''s two shades darker than the picture! So of course the ribbon I have on the bouquets is way brighter than the dress. I went all over town to find ribbon that matched but no luck. I took a chance and ordered some online, so my fingers are crossed in hopes that it''ll match. Does the ribbon and other decorations HAVE to match the dresses? Or is it just important to have the shoes match the dress and that''s it? HELP!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
My gals dresses were a soft rose mauve and I had bright hot pink satin ribbon on the bouquets (which were soft pinks and white orchids) for contrast, it looked awesome. The ribbon isn''t that visible anyhow, but it just really popped.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock

We''ll see what happens. I also have a bridesmaid in Chicago who''s going to look for a matching ribbon, since she says there''s fabric and craft stores everywhere there.

I ended up ordering a trial pair of the shoes I found on Amazon to see if they work well. I ordered it in my Matron of Honor''s size and they got here yesterday. She put them on and it looked like they were made for her!! So precious and so perfect! I know they''re 38 dollars, which is twice what I wanted them to pay, but all the other shoes I found in my price range were not what I wanted at all. They all say they don''t mind and they know I tried really hard to find more affordable shoes. Just don''t tell my mom I made them pay so much!!

The picture is of my Matron of Honor''s cute footsies (at size 10!!) in the shoes. The blue ribbon is what was on it when it was shipped, but it came with 13 colored ribbons!! The red that came with it doesn''t match the dress, but once I find ribbon that does, it''ll be replaced.

Reginastooties.jpg

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
The BM dresses are gorgeous...love it, love it, love it.

It is so nice that you let them choose what they felt comfortable in. The color is just WOW!

bloddie
35.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Oh cute! I''m so glad you finally found some good shoes!!! Those look like they''ll be comfortable, and it will definitely be fun for them to have different colored ribbons! And $38 is still $12 short of your "now THAT would be way too much" price, so I think you did great!
2.gif

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! My matron of honor loved them so much she wore them all night! She said that they''ll need a little breaking in, but what pair of shoes doesn''t? They definitely need to be scuffed on the bottom though because there is absolutely no tread on the bottoms! Super slick! Oh, she even said she wants to wear them to work too. She has an office job and likes to dress cute and professional.

Oh, I also got my flowers in yesterday so I can finish all my arrangements. I pretty much finished my patron of honor''s bouquet. I''ll post some pictures of the flowers soon.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
cute!! honestly I think if the red doesn''t match exactly it''s not going to be a big deal... or can you use a contrasting color?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results