shape
carat
color
clarity

Started wearing colored studs again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s been years and years since I''ve worn any studs aside from my diamond ones. . .so, yesterday after browsing here, I''m proud to say I brought out my rhodolite garnet studs. I also have a darker pair of deep red ones that I plan to wear later this week. I have a bunch of others, but none are ones I''d wear now in my life. . .anyway. . .

With Rhodolites, how do I tell if the color quality is good? The ones I have are about 5 mm across and are set in yellow gold (yes, that''s how old they are). I''d love to set them in rose gold since the settings are kind of dated.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2009 3:30:13 PM
Author:MC
It's been years and years since I've worn any studs aside from my diamond ones. . .so, yesterday after browsing here, I'm proud to say I brought out my rhodolite garnet studs. I also have a darker pair of deep red ones that I plan to wear later this week. I have a bunch of others, but none are ones I'd wear now in my life. . .anyway. . .

With Rhodolites, how do I tell if the color quality is good? The ones I have are about 5 mm across and are set in yellow gold (yes, that's how old they are). I'd love to set them in rose gold since the settings are kind of dated.
Congrats, MC!
36.gif

I have a pair of old rhodolite studs from way back, and I used to think they looked pretty dull. Now, I clean them after each wearing and they look a whole lot better. I have found that the color matches in daylight, but in incandescent lighting, one stone is distinctly browner than the other. Colorwise, the less brown looking, the better. But, I'm liking the rhodolite dark red color a lot with my fall wardrobe.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
congrats for breaking out the colored stones again! I''m sure they are lovely and I second the reset the into rose gold. That sounds like a fantastic color combo.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oooh, coloured studs! You will show them to us, won''t you?

I am in a bit of a diamond stud rut myself
8.gif
They are lovely, but I think a few coloured jackets would be great.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
PICTURES!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhodolite are so pretty. I agree - pictures please. Colored stone studs are a stable in my earring collection.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah! More colored earring studs!! Which means (drumroll please)...more pictures of CS studs!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2009 8:04:55 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain
Oooh, coloured studs! You will show them to us, won''t you?

I am in a bit of a diamond stud rut myself
8.gif
They are lovely, but I think a few coloured jackets would be great.
Yes, I''ll post some photos. Just tried taking some pictures as my camera is sitting right next to me, but the lighting isn''t very good and neither of the shots turned out good (and now the low-battery light is blinking!) so I''ll have to play around during the day and will post when I can.

I''m having fun with the earrings. I just bought a black and pinkish coat and the earrings totally match. Silly, but fun
1.gif

Rockit

Shiny_Rock
Funny, I just took out a pair of colored sapphire studs the other day to replace my 24/7 diamond studs. Must be the change of seasons...?

Yup, I agree, we need to see some photos!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, as a lover of yellow gold, I resent that YG is dated.
11.gif
9.gif
Yes, a good cleaning is usually required for "older" pieces to make them perform better.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results