shape
carat
color
clarity

Starset Princess E-Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Principessa5345

Rough_Rock
Hi, all-

My brother got engaged on Thursday night to his girlfriend of 3 years (it was their anniversary). :) I'm so happy for them!

The diamond was purchased from Whiteflash (specs below) and the setting from a local jeweler. The setting was going to be made custom because it was so different and couldn't be found anywhere. There are 3 princess cut stones, star set, on either side, with a row of pave on the top and bottom of the channel set princesses. The center stone, a princess as well, was star set.

After receiving a very nice quote from Whiteflash to create the setting, my brother and I went to a jeweler that our family has used for years. The first ring I looked down and saw was the exact setting my brother was looking for. When I told him, he said it was a sign and he was buying it. Silly little brother...you have to ask about the specs!
emsmilep.gif

In the end, he did purchase from the local jeweler. I don't remember the specs of the setting, but I believe it's just over 1 carat (I think .80 in princesses and .20 in rounds). The center is a 1.52 I VS2.

Color isn't evident on this diamond face up, and very minimally from the side. It is by far the most sparkley stone I've ever seen. I'm sure there are better stones out in the world, in fact, I know there are, but this one...wow. It honestly puts my 3 ct princess to shame and I would have no problem downsizing to a 1.52 to get the sparkle my future sis-in-law has on her hand! The table is a little large, and you can see the table reflection in some of the pics, but in real life, it's nowhere near as evident because you are blinded by the rainbows.

When I looked at the stone after it was set through the jewelers loupe, I started laughing. I couldn't see anything but red, green, blue, shooting at me. I love this stone and I'm so happy my brother was able to give it to such an amazing young woman.

Many thanks to Katie at Whiteflash. She was so wonderful. My brother is deaf and cannot use the telephone. 90% of his correspondence was done via email with her, the remaining 10% was Katie and I on the phone. She went above and beyond to make sure he was in the loop, since it was his money being spent. I know he appreciated that, and I as his overprotective big sister very much appreciated it as well.

Well, if you read this far, thank you! On with the specs...and some pics!

ETA: The picture quality would have been better, but I was stealing pics while my brother's girlfriend was in the other room, prior to the engagement.
11.gif
Oh...and that's my hand. Ring is a little big...I wear a 5 3/4, she wears an 8.

Report Type: GIA Diamond Grading Report

Date of Issue: April 18, 2007

Square Modified Brilliant

Measurements: 6.20 x 6.21 x 4.54 mm

Carat Weight: 1.52

Color Grade: I

Clarity Grade: VS2

Proportions:

Depth: 73.1 %

Table: 70 %

Girdle: Thick

Culet: None

Finish:

Polish: Excellent

Symmetry: Very Good

Fluorescence: None

Comments: Additional clouds are not shown.

NicRing1-Magnified1.JPG

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooooooo, STUNNING!!! and what a nice story to go with it, it sounds as if you and your brother have a lot of love surrounding you all, and i wish him the best with his proposal!

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring! I love the princess set on point. Thanks for the story behind it. Congrats to the couple.
36.gif
36.gif

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
What a pretty ring! That IS an amazing looking princess stone! I, too, love it being "ballpark" set. What a great setting and story. I wish you could get us some better/closer pics!!!! I know his fiance will LOVE that ring. (...........but would you REALLY trade a 3ct for a 1.52???
2.gif
ha ha.)

snlee

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful and unique ring! I love how your diamond is set too!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, I love how the princess is set, so beautiful!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very unique setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results