shape
carat
color
clarity

Star Sapphire??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi there just wanna gain more understanding in Star sapphire. Is this a good example of one? What are the factors to look out for?

black-star_STB-00265-l 2.jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Go HERE, scroll down to "Judging stars & cabochons" and read.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Tks ma re that''s helpful! I had did a search on my own before posting the question, however those info are not as detailed.:)

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Tks caramish! The readup is useful, but I am not able to see the photos in Widlfishgem.. I do not know why :)

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/12/2009 5:20:45 AM
Author: Edward Bristol
How do you mean? No images? What does it show?

It shows all the text, but only blank squares when it comes to images
40.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Star wise, it is very focused and sharp with straight legs that appear to be well centered. Cabochon wise, it could stand to be more transparent and the brownish black colour isn’t highly desired. Do read up the caution about synthetics and treatments on these too.

morecarats

Shiny_Rock
This looks to be one of the black star sapphires from Chanthaburi in Thailand. They are quite common and quite inexpensive, though unique to the area. They are almost always completely untreated. This looks to be a nice specimen.

You can wish this stone was more transparent, or a different color, or a ruby. But it''s a black star sapphire from Thailand. You have to judge it as a specimen of its type.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ed’s pictures show up fine on my PC too.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can see the pics too. Chic, what browser are you using? I use Firefox. Maybe that makes a difference? I know I couldn''t see any pictures on Vatche''s website with Firefox, I had to switch to Explorer.

Good articles by the way-very interesting! I never cared much for the stars-they always reminded me of Blair Witch Project..but then Uppy got hers and it was so pretty-I''ve been won over!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/12/2009 10:14:49 AM
Author: packrat
I can see the pics too. Chic, what browser are you using? I use Firefox. Maybe that makes a difference? I know I couldn''t see any pictures on Vatche''s website with Firefox, I had to switch to Explorer.

Good articles by the way-very interesting! I never cared much for the stars-they always reminded me of Blair Witch Project..but then Uppy got hers and it was so pretty-I''ve been won over!

Thanks I can view now
21.gif
Thought of setting the star sapphire into a pair of ''everyday'' earring? does that make sense? I guess it should be hardy enough, just wondering about the weight:)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They’ll be fine to everyday wear earrings but it’s such a shame it won’t be as easy to see the star once worn on the ear.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ya..you

Date: 10/12/2009 12:02:06 PM
Author: Chrono
They’ll be fine to everyday wear earrings but it’s such a shame it won’t be as easy to see the star once worn on the ear.
hmm...ya..you are right:) the stars will not be visible.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results