shape
carat
color
clarity

SS Orange Spessartite Garnets

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
He definitely has beautiful stock in his inventory and really a great guy to work with, I love talking to him about the industry!

His prices for spessies are very reasonable, hope you can get something nice from him :)

Date: 6/7/2009 10:56:15 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain
I would love to get a Lembeck stone: his stock is incredible and he is very knowledgeable.

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Thanks LtFirecracker and D&T, I think I got my dose of ORANGE for the time being (though if another goodie shows up, I am certainly not going to say no
31.gif
). Who knows though when winter rolls around I might need another boost of Vitamin C
12.gif

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
I was thinking pendant or perhaps a recut... most of the inclusive "activity" is on the narrow end... not sure if a part of that could be cut off and the major piece turned into a hexagon of sorts with a remainder being turned into a trapazoid perhaps. So many decisions! hehehe

Date: 6/7/2009 10:54:14 PM
Author: Chrono
Yes, the shape is just calling out for a pendant.
9.gif

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
I found a few more interesting orange candy shots while cleaning up my hard drive, and I thought I might share...

trioglow.jpg

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
and here on top of my hand, almost too hot to handle
11.gif

trio-onhand.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Golly, those pictures are amazing! Can you come over to my place and help me take pictures of my stuff?
31.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the small trillion new? Very nice new pictures. I find I cannot stop taking pictures of my pear spess. It''s one of my favorite gems to photograph.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Those are awsome stones!! I want a good size spess, YES I DO!!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Mochi

Just saw a gorgeous one at Swala Page 8 (make sure you un-check the include sold items box). It''s 2.87 cts.

I bet Gene, Peter and Roger came back with some nice rough from their trip to Tanzania as well!

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
I would LOVE to photograph your beautiful collection! To be able to see such treasures up close and personal would be quite the treat :) A pity I live so far from europe...

Date: 7/13/2009 8:19:06 AM
Golly, those pictures are amazing! Can you come over to my place and help me take pictures of my stuff?
31.gif

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Awww shucks, glad you like the new pics
9.gif
The smaller trillion is a luminous and bright orange stone that I was evaluating and sadly had to return since I ended up getting its big brother! No regrets except that I wish I had more money hehehe. I used to think that orange was difficult to photograph but it is getting easier with practice!

Date: 7/13/2009 8:52:30 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Is the small trillion new? Very nice new pictures. I find I cannot stop taking pictures of my pear spess. It''s one of my favorite gems to photograph.

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
It seems as though there is still some nice material coming out from the Tanzania find, not alot and not frequent, but some nice examples seem to pop up here and there. I was looking at Pala Int website offerings for spess and they seem to have some exceptional stones at nice sizes (more from the Nigerian find, which I happen to prefer a bit).... I sure hope you can get a good one :)

Date: 7/13/2009 9:08:11 AM
Author: mochi
Those are awsome stones!! I want a good size spess, YES I DO!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Sleepy.. you know we never get tired of drooling over your wonderful photos
30.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 9:43:08 AM
Author: Gailey
Mochi

Just saw a gorgeous one at Swala Page 8 (make sure you un-check the include sold items box). It''s 2.87 cts.

I bet Gene, Peter and Roger came back with some nice rough from their trip to Tanzania as well!
OK, I know it''s serious un-cool to quote your own quote, but I just want to add that I saw another gorgeous Spess this afternoon at Lisa Elser''s site. 4.4 cts of fanta orangeness. She''s also got a very nice spess/tsavorite suite listed too.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just returned a 2.5 carat Loliondo spessartite to John at Gemrite. For those of you that like a more yellowish orange spessartite, it''s worth a look. It''s a very pretty stone, I just prefer the more pure orange hues.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 8:10:59 PM
Author: sleepyspinel
I would LOVE to photograph your beautiful collection! To be able to see such treasures up close and personal would be quite the treat :) A pity I live so far from europe...

SS, I just love to see your gems, they are so gorgeously neon!!!
30.gif

Do I understand correctly that you are from Europe? Whereabout?

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Hi Megeve,

Thanks so much for your compliments :) I am in the US but it was my understanding (I could be wrong) that Chrono is/was in the UK (which us yanks sometimes lump with europe
12.gif
I did live in Denmark for a time many years ago and I LOVED it there
9.gif

Date: 7/14/2009 4:06:04 AM
Author: megeve

30.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know how I missed this thread, but that is a lovely orange!

I''m sad I can''t pull off wearing orange very well
7.gif
It''s good for my wallet though, haha.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 8:45:52 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade

7.gif
Same here! I love the color but can''t quite pull it off for some reason
3.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 8:43:42 PM
Hi Megeve,

Thanks so much for your compliments :) I am in the US but it was my understanding (I could be wrong) that Chrono is/was in the UK (which us yanks sometimes lump with europe
12.gif
9.gif
Nope, I’m in the US too but because I had a UK-based education, my spelling of certain words will look different.

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
Wowza, your stones look like the Eye of Sauron.

In a good way. Like if there could be a pretty, nice cuddlish Eye of Sauron that''s still full of fire.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Wow is all I have to say!!
30.gif
30.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Oh My Sleepspinel!!!
30.gif
Those Orange Spess''s are tdf!!!
30.gif
Amazing picture!

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Hi Makinthegrade and Babyblue033,

Thanks for your compliments... I didn''t used to be into orange either and that is probably why it took me so long to get some stones but I am sure glad I did before the sources run dry and the prices exceed my pocket book!

Date: 7/14/2009 9:34:48 PM
Author: Babyblue033

Date: 7/14/2009 8:45:52 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade

7.gif
Same here! I love the color but can''t quite pull it off for some reason
3.gif

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Opps my mistake, I really ought not assume things from spelling! I''d still love to do a photoshoot of your pretties :)

Date: 7/15/2009 8:41:08 AM

Nope, I’m in the US too but because I had a UK-based education, my spelling of certain words will look different.

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Why thank you litebrite,

I certainly am pleased with a comparison to such a famous firey orange eye
31.gif
I should probably keep it under wraps so no curious hobbits get into trouble and chip my precious hehehe.

Date: 7/17/2009 4:29:00 PM
Author: litebrite
Wowza, your stones look like the Eye of Sauron.

In a good way. Like if there could be a pretty, nice cuddlish Eye of Sauron that''s still full of fire.

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much to commenting Szh07 and hlmr, always a pleasure to hear what the members of the PS family think
9.gif

Date: 7/19/2009 8:23:54 PM
Author: hlmr
Oh My Sleepspinel!!!
30.gif
Those Orange Spess''s are tdf!!!
30.gif
Amazing picture!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 8:41:08 AM

Hi Megeve,

12.gif
9.gif
Roedean? Cheltenham Ladies College by chance?

You stick to your Engllish Chrono - I''m right there with you!

coloUr is a thing of beauty!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gailey,
Neither school, I’m afraid. My children are already puzzled by why I use different words than them for a torchlight, boot and others but old habits are difficult to break.
SS,
I’d welcome anyone to help me take pictures of my collection. Picture taking seems very time consuming to me but that might because I don’t have any setups and I am extra cautious with outdoor photography. I’d hate to drop a stone in the grass or somehow damage it. Not to mention worry about prying neighbours and of course, my busybody family members.
9.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Megeve,

12.gif
9.gif

Date: 7/14/2009 4:06:04 AM
Author: megeve

30.gif

I think you''ll find that us Brits consider ourselves to be in Europe too!

Loving the Spess collection - WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results