shape
carat
color
clarity

Squeaky Shoes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
I am breaking in a new pair of shoes. The first day I wore them, they fit well and were quiet. All of the sudden, they''re squeaking really loudly. Anyone know how to stop this? Will it get quiet again as I break them in further?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
If you think it's your feet that are squeaking against the inside of the shoe, rub a little lotion on the inside where there's friction. You could also use vaseline or an oil spray. Try it in an inconspicuous area first because your leather may react (color) with the oils.

Or, if you think it's the sole that's squeaking, try putting a piece of tissue between the insole and sole.

sera

Ideal_Rock
OH! Yeah, I wanna know too!
33.gif

I bought a pair of Born slides and I love them... BUT... when I step with my right foot the shoe goes fwsh! Step fwsh step fwsh step fwsh
38.gif
. IDK what to do and usually there are no problems with Born shoes!

A long time ago I had a sandal that squeaked... I thought if I poked a hole, the air wouldn''t be stuck and squeak out.... don''t do what I did because it just squeaked louder!
29.gif

Livinthedream

Shiny_Rock
I''m sorry, I know this will not help you at all, but it reminded me way back to the first day of high school when this girl walked by our table and her shoes were SQEEEEAAKin! We called her Sqeakers for 4 years. So you def want to get it taken care of! ha ha

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 4:50:34 PM
Author: Livinthedream
I'm sorry, I know this will not help you at all, but it reminded me way back to the first day of high school when this girl walked by our table and her shoes were SQEEEEAAKin! We called her Sqeakers for 4 years. So you def want to get it taken care of! ha ha
I DO want to get it taken care of-- they're my wedding shoes!! SQEEEEEAAK!!! HAHAA!!

It's something in the sole of the right shoe. Every time I put my weight on the shoe, it makes a loud sound. No actual rubbing on my foot, though.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha ha i have two fave pairs of shoes that do this!!! it cracks me up because i hear it when i walk down my work hallway. my coworkers tease me that they know it''s me coming. i think it''s actually my toe nail rubbing against the top of the shoe. maybe i should wear some not socks or something!!! i don''t think that breaking them in will help because with mine it surely didn''t...i have worn them for 2 years now and they still squeak.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 4:56:46 PM
Author: misysu2
Date: 11/27/2007 4:50:34 PM

Author: Livinthedream

I''m sorry, I know this will not help you at all, but it reminded me way back to the first day of high school when this girl walked by our table and her shoes were SQEEEEAAKin! We called her Sqeakers for 4 years. So you def want to get it taken care of! ha ha

I DO want to get it taken care of-- they''re my wedding shoes!! SQEEEEEAAK!!! HAHAA!!

It''s something in the sole of the right shoe. Every time I put my weight on the shoe, it makes a loud sound. No actual rubbing on my foot, though.
OH NO! lol... well, just tell them to turn up the music when you walk down the aisle.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Misysu: A bit of talcum powder will do the trick.Let us know how it worked after you try it...

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Yup, talcum powder is the magic. I actually bought a pair of German shoes once... I think they were Trippen... that CAME with a little sachet of talcum powder, in case of squeaking. Worked like a charm.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you just dust the inside with powder???

Every single pair of clogs I have ever bought has squeaked. For the lifetime of the shoe, whether I wore socks or not. I just bought another pair this past weekend and so far, no squeaking. I''m hoping to God that this pair doesn''t start squeaking! It would be a first with me and clogs!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I put it under the footbed. I guess that could be difficult if it''s not removable... maybe a shoemaker could do it?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you re-create the squeak when your foot isn''t in the shoe, i.e. by holding it in your hands and flexing the sole? If so the problem is in the shoe and probably won''t go away. I''ve quit buying Aerosole shoes because something about the way they''re made combined with the way I walk causes them to squeak after just a few wearings...

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Mimi give talcum powder a chance and let us know how it works ...Its easy to put a bit and it works. Every now and then I do that to my shoes talcum powder does the trick...

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Do I just sprinkle the talcum powder over the tops of the soles? or do I need to take apart my shoe?

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
"here comes the SQUEAK, all dress in SQUEEK SQUEEK"
9.gif
....omg this thread made me smile this morning!

Grandma always rubbed a clear soap bar on squeekers...lol... no clue if it works but you know what they say, Grandma knows best
2.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/28/2007 9:46:37 AM
Author: misysu2
Do I just sprinkle the talcum powder over the tops of the soles? or do I need to take apart my shoe?

If you can remove the soles and sprinkle all around (very little) and then put the soles back it would be better ,as it would do its job there and not come in contact with your nylons or socks.Either way works its easy to wash out from socks and you will have some scent.If the problem re-occurs just repeat this again.It occasionally needs to be repeated in few months with some shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results