shape
carat
color
clarity

Spyware infection help!!???!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok apparently my internet explorer is somehow infected. When I am using it, a warning pops up telling me that my computer is infected and automatically opens a window with a fake scan screen. Then when I try to close them more and more pop up. Also, google does not work, if I try to click on any of the links that come up from a search, I get diverted.

I have run a scan (nothing), I have deleted all my cookies and restored the factory settings on explorer. Any other things to do to fix this? I''d rather avoid reinstalling windows if I can...

HELP?!???!!!
23.gif

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
That''s what I was going to post too.

A friend had the same problem last week, and after running the malware program it was fine!

Good luck.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
GREAT!! Thanks so much. Will do that this morning.

Ummm... how do I boot in safe mode?
emembarrassed.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had the same issue a couple weeks ago on my laptop. Frustrating, indeed. To open in safe mode, when your computer starts up, press F8 and it will give you the option to start in safe mode with networking. Easiest thing to do is that, then do a system restore, then download those links.

Also- depending in the computer- you might have to F8 it several times to work.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2009 10:10:08 AM
Author: monarch64
I had the same issue a couple weeks ago on my laptop. Frustrating, indeed. To open in safe mode, when your computer starts up, press F8 and it will give you the option to start in safe mode with networking. Easiest thing to do is that, then do a system restore, then download those links.
Does this clear everything on my computer? IT seems to only affect Internet explorer and then only when I use Google.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/21/2009 2:14:46 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

Date: 12/21/2009 10:10:08 AM
Author: monarch64
Does this clear everything on my computer? IT seems to only affect Internet explorer and then only when I use Google.

System restore will take your PC back to an earlier configuration, so any programs you''ve downloaded since that time will be removed (by programs I mean the things that will usually come up when you go to control panel to uninstall, etc.).

Your files will be fine
1.gif

If you have symantec you might try running that while you''re in safe mode too. It''ll take forever, but it usually clears up any issues I''m having.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It worked! Thanks so much for all your help!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How odd. I just saw this thread. I had the same darn thing last week. (My husband got it for me, bless him. I don''t even get on that computer anymore, so I''m going to blame him.
2.gif
Darned if I know how it got on there though.) Anyway, I took my laptop, did some googling and a bit of research and found that malwarebytes app that Karl linked. Worked quite well for me too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results