carat
color
clarity

Sportsmen and jewlery

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like Sir Lewis
i like motor sport
i like the noise especially in formula 1 but if i were American id happily watch and follow NASCAR or Indy
ok i like men in boiler suits :lol-2:
They look hot

Very intetesting article as Formula one reinforces the jewlery ban
Lewis-Hamilton-at-Interlagos-2021.jpg

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
That is interesting. I was literally raised around racing and really don't see how the jewelry he has would inhibit him from escaping a car. Just don't get it.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is interesting. I was literally raised around racing and really don't see how the jewelry he has would inhibit him from escaping a car. Just don't get it.

The cars don't even have tops
What's it going to get caught up on ?

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rules are rules, if he does not like them, then don't participate in the races, simples!

I worked in controlled environment with no makeup or jewellery except for one plain band allowed to minimise the risk of contaminations.

The rules are very clear in that if peeps don't like them, they don't have to engage in that kind of work as in food and pharmaceutical manufacturing.

DK :))

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like Sir Lewis
i like motor sport
i like the noise especially in formula 1 but if i were American id happily watch and follow NASCAR or Indy
ok i like men in boiler suits :lol-2:
They look hot

Very intetesting article as Formula one reinforces the jewlery ban
Lewis-Hamilton-at-Interlagos-2021.jpg

How would earrings or a nose ring prevent a driver from making an emergency exit of a race car? I'm confused at the logic behind this rule.

One of my top 10 movies: Rush.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
How would earrings or a nose ring prevent a driver from making an emergency exit of a race car? I'm confused at the logic behind this rule.

One of my top 10 movies: Rush.

I have seen it

Again these cars have no tops !

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have seen it

Again these cars have no tops !

And presumably helmets are worn. I could understand a necklace getting caught on something, but a helmet-covered nose ring or earrings? Not so much!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
And presumably helmets are worn. I could understand a necklace getting caught on something, but a helmet-covered nose ring or earrings? Not so much!

I did read something somewhere the newbe race director in Aussie was picking on Sir Lewis on purpose
ive also read it was possibly a racist thing ???
I don't get the Hamilton hate

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would hope it's more an envy thing than a racist thing. It's hard not to be jealous of a handsome, successful, knighted racecar driver, whatever his color. There's been plenty of shade thrown at successful drivers who were white too.

But maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would hope it's more an envy thing than a racist thing. It's hard not to be jealous of a handsome, successful, knighted racecar driver, whatever his color. There's been plenty of shade thrown at successful drivers who were white too.

But maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part...

Well i did read that in the Guardian which is why i dodnt link it :lol-2:

Yes successful drivers always seem to attract controversy
Im of the Prost Senna generation
I miss the danger of the turbos

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Several years back, Lewis Hamilton wore oversized diamond studs in his ears. I'm just wondering if they don't want the liability of losing a valuable or sentimental piece. Additionally, their fire-protective apparel only gives them about seven seconds of protection against being burned. I would think that perhaps they fear that metal jewelry would contribute to fire-induced injury.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
I'm guessing the rule is meant to contribute to the safety of the drivers. Having piercings on the head/face could lead to greater trauma in the event of a crash, even with the helmets & balaclavas to protect them. Hamilton, who is always resistant to bow to the industry pressure, may have to fold this time.

For anyone who is interested and can access it, there's a really fantastic docuseries on Netflix in the US called Formula 1: Drive to Survive. DH is very into racing, and got me watching it with him. It's riveting stuff.

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I'm guessing the rule is meant to contribute to the safety of the drivers. Having piercings on the head/face could lead to greater trauma in the event of a crash, even with the helmets & balaclavas to protect them. Hamilton, who is always resistant to bow to the industry pressure, may have to fold this time.

For anyone who is interested and can access it, there's a really fantastic docuseries on Netflix in the US called Formula 1: Drive to Survive. DH is very into racing, and got me watching it with him. It's riveting stuff.

I suppose in the same way cooks don't wear metal rings and bracelets. They conduct heat and could contribute to getting burned more easily. As snazzy as he looks, he should leave them off, I think.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results