shape
carat
color
clarity

spock vs spock audi commercial

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this! My favourite character, nice cars, cool technology and the Vulcan nerve pinch. :appl: Just classic.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Oh Enerchi!!! You sure do know how I make a girl happy!!! I looooove me some Star Trek!!! And then I LOOOOOOOOOVE ME some Zachary Quinto as Spock and then add in that Audi! And Bam!!! We got a match made in heaven!!!

Now to figure out a way to have Zachary come pick me up in his new car...

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
YT|1368282543|3444892 said:
Oh Enerchi!!! You sure do know how I make a girl happy!!! I looooove me some Star Trek!!! And then I LOOOOOOOOOVE ME some Zachary Quinto as Spock and then add in that Audi! And Bam!!! We got a match made in heaven!!!

Now to figure out a way to have Zachary come pick me up in his new car...

and do swing by my place and pick me up too!!! :lickout:

D

Deactivated member 42515

You think Zachary can handle us two wild women??? Cuz I can ride baby!!!! Ride!!!!

His car that is.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You kill me!!!! Too funny!!!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1368236885|3444624 said:
Have you seen this??? Its awesome!!

Leonard Nimoy and Zachary Quinto --- its hilarious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPkByAkAdZs

DH showed me this because Audi is my favorite car and Zachary Q is my FAVORITE SPOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He then proceeded to show me the bill balbo song the old spock sings in the commercial and I had to roll my eyes. I hear the next star trek is coming out and to be totally honest, I would not see it if Quinto wasn't spock. Period. I don't even car that in real life he likes men. He's gorgeous and those ears!!!!!! I was SOOOO jealous of Zoe Salanda!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I adored the commercial! Love that Audi :love: hope I get surprised today with one--that would be a grat MD present!
...pretty funny too.... :lol:

cheers--Sharon

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My fellow Trekie dad was telling me all about this commercial. It makes me so happy. I agree with others - I won't watch Star Trek without Zachary as Spock. fun little side story: I saw him having drinks with Freddy Kruger (Robert Englund) at a bar in San Diego once. I nerdgasamed all over myself.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
athenaworth|1368413896|3445784 said:
My fellow Trekie dad was telling me all about this commercial. It makes me so happy. I agree with others - I won't watch Star Trek without Zachary as Spock. fun little side story: I saw him having drinks with Freddy Kruger (Robert Englund) at a bar in San Diego once. I nerdgasamed all over myself.

Cool story!! I think I'd also react the same!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Enerchi said:
athenaworth|1368413896|3445784 said:

Cool story!! I think I'd also react the same!!

You lucky butt!!

MrsAkin

Rough_Rock
I don't get it - why is there a Mercedes in this commercial?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To show that the boot (trunk) can carry larger items, the nifty onboard screen is cooler and that it drives quicker than the Mercedes. In short, it is saying the Audi is a better car than the Mercedes. :bigsmile: There is also this subtext that Mercedes is for the older folk and Audi is for the younger hip crowd.

MrsAkin

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the clarification Chrono! Is it legally allowed to say one product is better than the other by openly comparing the two?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not know the ramifications of that but perhaps because the message is oblique, Audi can get away with this? I've seen other such car advertisements insinuating that one manufacturer is better than the other, and again, it was done mildly and subtley.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
As a long time Star Trek fan, I have to say that this is just the best commercial ever!!! I still love the original series so I am quite partial to Leonard Nimoy but Zachary Quinto is great as the "new Spock". :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cind11|1368564831|3446940 said:
As a long time Star Trek fan, I have to say that this is just the best commercial ever!!! I still love the original series so I am quite partial to Leonard Nimoy but Zachary Quinto is great as the "new Spock". :appl:

He sure is!! I remember watching the series Hero's and when we 'met' Skylar, I said to my DH, "He looks like a young Spock".... wow - obviously other great minds were thinking the same thing! :lol:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So cute! Commercials get me with humor every time! Now off to the nearest Audi dealership, heh, heh, heh!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1368570207|3447001 said:
So cute! Commercials get me with humor every time! Now off to the nearest Audi dealership, heh, heh, heh!

Make sure you get one with Zachary in it!! :naughty:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Star Trek!!!!!! This weekend!!!! Woo hooo!!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Awesome! Thanks!

Back in the day, the most famous racing circuit had two main competitors- Mercedes-Benz and Auto Union (I.e. Audi, the four rings- technically one of the rings represents the original Audi). They were considered equals. They traded wins and each had now legendary drivers.

Audi is now again dominating with their engineering and build quality.

I used to drive a friend's 4000 csq, q standing for quattro, the best all wheel drive system by far ever developed for cars. These cars dominated the rally circuit in the 80"s to the point nobody but Audi was winning any race. I loved that car.

I had a new A6 2.8q in 2001. I loved that car too. It was a dream car.

Today they're doing things like putting a W12 in their A8L. This car, a huge car, goes from 0-60 in less than 4 seconds. To put this in perspective, the fastest car I've driven was a Mercedes SL 8 cyl. convertible that went from 0-60 in about 4.8 seconds. That was fast A flagship sedan that achieves 60 mph in 3 point something seconds is just unreal.

I'm sorry to have to say but this commercial makes its point. "New Spock" beats "Old Spock" even though "Old Spock" still has some tricks up his sleave. LOL!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results