shape
carat
color
clarity

Split claw prong for asscher?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all,

First time poster with a dumb question: I just got an asscher solitaire ring, in a four prong platinum setting from my bf as a birthday gift. I have seen many other asschers on this site with the split claw prongs (?) rather than the regular prongs as part of the setting. Is the split claw recommended for asschers to prevent chipping? Or is it just a personal preference?

If this helps, the girdle is Thick-Very Thick.

Thanks much!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a matter of personal preference. Can you post a pic of your ring, I''d love to see it!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
ascchers are some of the safest cuts as far as breakage goes.
No sharp points and typical fat girdles.
thick to v-thick absolutely no worries anyway you want to mount it.

second the call for pictures :}

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for responding so quickly; it definitely puts my mind at ease. As for the pictures, I''ll try my best to take good ones, but I can''t promise great pictures. (And I thought that I could get away with not posting pics as a newbie...
9.gif
)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Use the macro mode on your digital camera, it has a flower on it. If possible take them with some sunlight. Newbies with asschers must post pics,
31.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Can''t post pictures! Help! I lessened the pixel count, but the file is still too large, and I don''t know how to resize it. Any hints for Windows XP?

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Finally!! Hope the pic shows.

AsscherRing.JPG

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
kewl :}

interesting pic not many people capture em like that.
The windmills and what would be the dark areas between the squares are lit up.
yummy :}

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh bookworm, that is just gorgeous!!! What are the specs???
30.gif
30.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
good job with the pic
36.gif
please post more and tell us about your stone.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! This stone is an upgrade from a birthday present two years ago, a 0.45 RB solitaire bought from Shane & Co. (Side note: don''t EVER shop there! I found out later that they sold me a chipped stone, it is a very tiny chip that can be seen only from the back, and I found out after the stone was removed from the setting. Shane''s guarantee is no longer in effect if the stone was removed by another jeweler.) I had that stone set in a solitaire pendant when we upgraded to this one for my birthday. I think he''s buying himself time before having to get an engagement ring. Whatever, I''m not complaining.
31.gif

The specs are as follows:
GIA cert.
0.88 Carats
F, VS2
Culet: None
Table: 61%
Depth: 66.9%
Polish & Symmetry: Excellent
Flourescence: None

Hee hee. You guys are great! My friends think I''m nuts, since I love looking at diamonds, even more so than my newly engaged or married friends.
41.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I say your BF did a great job!! And when you get engaged this can be a great RHR!!!

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Kaleigh! This is already my right hand ring, didn''t want to confuse any other would be suitors. (J/K!) I''m giving him another year to come up with an engagement ring (it''s already been 10), or I''m demanding another upgrade!
11.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i love it! he did a wonderful job! please post more pics! esp. hand shots.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh and - Welcome to PS!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woops, sorry didn''t think of that. All the better then. I have an asscher RHR also!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS. Very very pretty ring.

shay

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful asscher! Is it sort of a promise ring?

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Elepri, no, this isn''t a promise ring. I think it''s a ring just to keep me quiet so I don''t bother him too much about getting engaged and married..LOL. I don''t have to do that, his family''s doing just fine in that respect!
9.gif

Hand pics will be posted soon; I''m stuck on campus right now and don''t want anyone to look at the weird girl taking pictures of her hands.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a hand pic, but it''s not too clear. Sorry...

asscher 4.JPG

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
What a fab RHR, bookworm!
30.gif
I love asschers! I don''t own one but would like to! Sorry, I don''t know anything about safest setting for asschers.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results