shape
carat
color
clarity

spinoff - halo rings - offical poll...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I have no idea how to make a poll.

Here''s what I am TRYING to ask -

How many halo rings have you seen on the street, ie, not in a jewelry store. And for those who sell/manufacter, only count the ones that you haven''t sold/fixed, etc - JUST RANDOMLY ON THE STREET!

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I forgot to answer my own question - besides my own, I once saw a 3 stone ritani on someone''s hand. That''s it!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve only seen one and it was an asscher like mine. But that''s it!!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
My friend just proposed to his now-fiancee with one. It''s very pretty, but not my style and it looks huge on her hand. But being NYC, huge is good.

My cousin has a ''step ring'' which is not exactly a halo, but looks like one.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Not a one! (in NYC)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw a lovely round halo on a 3/4 to 1ct center stone, pave encrusted on a salesgal at a boutique near my hometown. She said she & her fiance picked it out over a year ago when they were first looking at rings and it was still their fave so he got that one. It was beautiful & fit her perfectly -- but she was a romantic looking, petite, graceful thing. I think on me (big boned/tall/casual preppy dress) my 1.5 ct stone w/halo would have looked like Viva Las Vegas - Elton John - cocktail ring. I LOVE LOVE LOVE ''em ... but not on my man paws.

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I have not seen any in Seattle. Its going to be hard to really monitor this type of thing right now with the weather being soooo cold. Everyone is wearing gloves!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
having found pricescope, i look even more at women''s e-rings and wedding bands in my everyday travels. i have yet to see a halo ring whether i''m san francisco, anywhere in the greater bay area, or even as far south as pismo beach. or in toronto, canada for that matter.

peace, movie zombie

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
None.
15.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
None!!!
9.gif

shay

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
I saw one at Target on Sunday!!
I almost screamed. It looked like Shay37s WF Halo, and I was so excited to see it I almost accosted the poor woman. (I decided to leave the woman be, and just admired it from a far.)
Shay were you in the Framingham MA Target this past week?

Was any PScoper there?

Scintillating...

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
No. But I want to meet you all in person so that I can say I have seen some
9.gif

cinnabar

Shiny_Rock
An acquaintance has a sort-of halo; I''ve never seen anyone here or anywhere else with anything similar. It''s a round stone, with a pave frame that has a gap either side of the centre where you could put two trillions, but she just has a gap. She wore it until the wedding, but now she just wears a wedding ring. I don''t know her well enough to ask if that''s because the two rings don''t fit flush, or if she just never really liked the ring and was surprised by her fiance without having any input herself.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2005 3:41:14 PM
Author: Scintillating
I almost screamed. It looked like Shay37s WF Halo, and I was so excited to see it I almost accosted the poor woman. (I decided to leave the woman be, and just admired it from a far.)

Was any PScoper there?

Scintillating...
No, I wasn''t but that is eerie considering I am in RI. oooeeeooo!!

shay

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
none. and like mz, i now look at jewelery with eagle eyes
4.gif

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
None, and I''m like movie zombie and belle. And I''m in the SF Bay Area.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
None! Other than Diamondlil ring.
1.gif

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/16/2005 3:49:23 PM
Author: Shay37
Date: 12/16/2005 3:41:14 PM

Author: Scintillating

Was any PScoper there?

Scintillating...
No, I wasn''t but that is eerie considering I am in RI. oooeeeooo!!

shay

2.gif
Yeah - I know that''s why I thought it was you.
On my next trip down to Newport - I''m going to come visit your glorious WF Halo.
11.gif
9.gif

We need a New England Pscope gathering, not just Beantown.

Scintillating...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not a single one except my own. But I do get my hand grabbed a lot.
2.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in the Chicago ''burbs and I have only seen one halo setting in person, and that''s because my neighbor recently had her diamond reset into one.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Excellent question! Wow, none yet! I''m back and forth between S.F. Bay Area & Paris, France.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
one-my aunt''s

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
I''ve seen a few out here in Los Angeles. None of my friends have that style.

My halo gets lots of comments though - people get confused at the pink diamonds.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen one and I was babbling excitedly over it trying to tell her how many we see online and she was just kind of trying to pull her hand away. Funny she really liked my set too.
5.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Good question! Answer? Not a one! Never, not once! And I am ALWAYS looking! Never have seen anything my own either. Which is kinda fun!

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve lost count. I have two close friends and several acquaintances with those (all got engaged in the past year or so) and I see them on the street, in the gym, in restaurants, at work, everywhere. Maybe it''s a regional thing but, here in NYC, they''re clearly all the rage. Although i''ve also seen quite a few in PA (Philly area) when we visit dh''s family.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
not a one! And I have been watching people''s rings for years.
So glad I found PS, thought I was the only one....

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, then it seems like my point is correct - it APPEARS thatthte halo ring is all the rage and ever popular EVERYWHERE, when it is only TRUE here, but not out in the real world!!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, I work on Michigan Ave in Chicago and am always checking out bling... I saw one earlier this year on a woman on the elevator at Nordstrom and just gawked over it....Other than that I see alot on here and in magizines. Think you may be on to something trey....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results