shape
carat
color
clarity

Spinning shoes...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone purchased spinning shoes? Which brand did you choose? Did they improve your workout? Any fit tips? I spin 2-3 x''s weekly and am looking to get a pair within the next month or so. I know nothing about them, this would be a first time purchase.

Any help would be welcomed.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I have a Spinner NXT for home so I bought spin shoes as well. I was spinning 5 times a week in sneakers. The spin shoes have given me an improvement in my workout as I feel they help distribute the work throughout my legs instead of just my quads. I bought Shimano SPD. According to my spin instructor, these are fancy. I just went to a bicycle store and said I needed spin shoes and this what they recommended. They were about $110, but the put the cleats on for me (the thing that hooks into the spin bike pedals). You can get them cheaper online, but then you still have to go to a bike store and have those things but on.

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
y2kitty,
Thank you so much for the response. I am going to a bike shop today to look for them.

Thanks again!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I use clipless pedals for biking and I adore them purely for the impact it makes to my workout. I don't like that I seem to have a problem clipping in and out (I'm uncoordinated) and I've taken a few falls.

I've never been able to use them for spinning because the gyms I've been a member of don't supply the right pedal type (I believe the gyms only had Shimano, but I have Look). So if you want them specifically for spinning, just make sure you buy the ones that match the pedals they supply. I couldn't stand spinning in regular running shoes and it always irked me that the gym didn't supply both types of pedals (since Look and Shimano own most of the market it isn't hard to just buy some of each).

They allow you to use far more muscles while you pedal and evenly distribute the work. Also, the hard soles on the the shoes give you more leverage than a soft spongy sole on a running shoe. I tire far more quickly when using running shoes.

ETA: Totally agree about having a shop put the cleats on for you. If you put them in the wrong place you'll end up straining your muscles as they try to adapt.

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/28/2009 11:51:15 AM
Author: y2kitty
I have a Spinner NXT for home so I bought spin shoes as well. I was spinning 5 times a week in sneakers. The spin shoes have given me an improvement in my workout as I feel they help distribute the work throughout my legs instead of just my quads. I bought Shimano SPD. According to my spin instructor, these are fancy. I just went to a bicycle store and said I needed spin shoes and this what they recommended. They were about $110, but the put the cleats on for me (the thing that hooks into the spin bike pedals). You can get them cheaper online, but then you still have to go to a bike store and have those things but on.

I got them and LOVE them...Wondering how I used to spin in sneakers?!?...Life is good.
9.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2009 8:45:02 PM
Author: fsu1227
I got them and LOVE them...Wondering how I used to spin in sneakers?!?...Life is good.
9.gif
Yay! That''s awesome! Aren''t they great?
1.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I think any of the brands are fine. If you workout at a gym then get the SPD clips and yes, have the store put them on for you. The spd clips fit in all bikes, the ones with the removable pedals, and the ones that don''t.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results