shape
carat
color
clarity

Spinel pendant here! Picture dense!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is a gorgeous pendant!!!
30.gif
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning piece of jewelry, and it looks so elegant and feminine on your neck. Congratulations!! It turned out superb!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Megeve! And a thank you to LP, Chrono, DT, geckodani, packrat, and Linda!

And a thank you and hello to HudsonHawk!
35.gif
35.gif

Fancy seeing you here! Are you testing out new forums now that you're married? Hehe...

And you too TL! I know I did good when you approve! I really enjoy finding new artists on etsy to work with, I like the tradition of hand-forged jewelry, and being part of the design process.

Still trying to figure out how to wear the new pendant though..hmm..

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
That really turned out nicely, and it looks great on you.

I would dress it up with a WG/siver chain, and dress it down with a black silk cord. Also, a black silk cord would good great in some certain situations where you are dressed up, for example, with a dark colored cocktail dress.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2009 5:11:45 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
That really turned out nicely, and it looks great on you.

I would dress it up with a WG/siver chain, and dress it down with a black silk cord. Also, a black silk cord would good great in some certain situations where you are dressed up, for example, with a dark colored cocktail dress.
Thanks!
Yeah, I''m happy I decided on the satin finish, but I wonder if that makes the silver chain look weird?
Any input on what length I should wear it at? I keep flipping between wearing it choker length or long and casual (which has the added perk of me being able to see it, hehe)

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I think a little longer would be better (16-18 inch chain depending on how thin your neck is). The necklace flows, and I think a looser chain would play to that.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Very nice, MTG! I love how fluid it is, and that there's movement. Those spinels look really bright - it's going to give a lot of flash!! And I like the silk cord idea - you could get several colors.

ETA: meant to add that you CAN do great neckshots!! In fact, I really liked seeing the perspective.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My only complaint, is that the top part where the silver crosses itself, looks kind of smooched compared to the bottom. Not sure why that is, it might have been a small mishap during the finishing, who knows. But it''s a very minor detail, and like I said, I''m just overly OCD. I will definitely be going back to Julia for projects in the future, she''s been really great to work with.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 5:45:06 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
My only complaint, is that the top part where the silver crosses itself, looks kind of smooched compared to the bottom. Not sure why that is, it might have been a small mishap during the finishing, who knows. But it's a very minor detail, and like I said, I'm just overly OCD. I will definitely be going back to Julia for projects in the future, she's been really great to work with.
Wha?? Who's been kissing your jewelry?!

Okay, smartass over - going back to see what you're talking about.

ETA: Hmmm, do you mean the top layer looks flatter than the bottom layer, where it crosses?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, yeah, I meant smooshed.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, I think the "smooched" effect is because that''s probably where she soldered it together, heh, that would make sense.

Also, where does one buy a black cord? Craft store? I wouldn''t think most BM jewelery stores sell them..

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Lovely pendant. It has been fun watching your project.

I think it could be on a longer chain. I agree that craft stores will carry cord for a good price. I know my jeweler has them, though.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
MTG pendant is lovely.

I contacted Julia about a ring but I read here she''s having some personal issues, should I hold off from contacting her for a while to get updates?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!
36.gif

If there's a bead shop near you, that's probably the best place to get satin cord. They'll help you select the findings to give it an elegant finish.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2009 12:19:24 AM
Author: Lovinggems
MTG pendant is lovely.

I contacted Julia about a ring but I read here she's having some personal issues, should I hold off from contacting her for a while to get updates?

Hi LG..
julia has had a hard time of it recently, but as far as I know she is caught up on her work and doing fine now.
I told her just to not worry about my projects at all until she was a-ok, but she's still ended up doing them now at pretty much the promised bench time.

I wouldn't hold off, unless your project is very urgent.
She's friendly and honest and will tell you what she can / can't do.

(okay, sorry for threadjack.)

MTG, love the pendant it looks really pretty on you.!
I agree a black cord would look great and make it versatile for dressing down / everyday wear.
I also agree re. a 16-18" silver chain is a nice length.

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guy!

Last I talked to her, she said things were settling down and she was doing well, so I wouldn''t hesitate to contact her, she''s very good about responding.

AJ has some progress pics from her over in the Jewelery forum''s Etsy thread for those interested.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
MTG- It turned out wonderfully. It seems it will be a very versatile piece for you. Just in time for summer too, with those lovely colors
30.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, the finished version is just beautiful and it looks so good in the neck shots! Congratulations!!
36.gif

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that''s gorgeous!! And the neck shot turned out really well! Congrats on your new piece
36.gif
It looks right at home with your others!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 10:50:25 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Actually, I think the ''smooched'' effect is because that''s probably where she soldered it together, heh, that would make sense.

Also, where does one buy a black cord? Craft store? I wouldn''t think most BM jewelery stores sell them..
Do you have a Michael''s near you? I think they would carry something like that, and you can usually find 40%-off coupons. I''ve also seen those types of cords at TJ Maxx, but they usually have pendants on them. The upside is that they''ll already have clasps, and I''m not so sure about the ones at the craft store. Should be easy to add a clasp to, but sometimes it''s hard to find a particular type of clasp. I''m sure you can find them online too, and in a rainbow of colors!

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
That pendant is not my normal style but after seeing it on you I think it is stunning! And the colors are like yummy candy. They look wonderful together!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
That''s such a stunning design! It turned out great!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
It is just lovely! I am so impressed by how it turned out.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks gals!

Hehe, I just got back from the Philly get-to-together, and I think I might have won Jstar over to the spinel fan club! We had a blast window shopping in the philly jewelery district, oh if only I had a few thousand dollars to throw around, there were some gorgeous pieces!

I saw Octavia''s mint garnet, and now I''m really craving a green garnet, it was so lovely!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
MTG, it looks fabulous on your neck! You have beautiful skin tone, by the way!
9.gif

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I got to see MTG''s pendant in person today and it is SO BEAUTIFUL!! The pictures don''t do it justice...it''s really delicate and yummy and so, so sparkly
1.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
MTG, it is gorgeous! It came out so beautifully!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/18/2009 8:20:40 PM
Author: Octavia
I got to see MTG''s pendant in person today and it is SO BEAUTIFUL!! The pictures don''t do it justice...it''s really delicate and yummy and so, so sparkly
1.gif

Aw thanks! Hehe your brian gavin band was no slouch either! That had to have been the most eye catching and sparkliest eternity ring i''ve ever seen!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results